GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 22, 2024, 04:40:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Check out This Guy's 3D Models  (Read 9731 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Check out This Guy's 3D Models
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:58:28 am »

Dear Team Goldeneye Source

i came across this person called QBranch on The Mi6 Forums who made these terrific animated models and i was wondering if you wanted me to ask him if he could check out our mod and if possible make some models for Goldeneye Source

here is the link of some of this work

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2613/qbranchs-workshop-fan-art

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Check out This Guy's 3D Models
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 10:20:37 am »

good job! I don´t know who he is but his work looks awesome. I sent him a message, that he should apply immediately.
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 10:28:38 am »

i met him on the mi6 forums he does some really cool parody images aswell

i sent him a link to this website and to the beta 4 trailer

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 03:37:30 pm »

Calm down guys...
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 03:56:58 pm »

Meh. His models are no better than what I can make and texture, and that's really not all that good.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 04:31:48 pm »

they look like paper guns to me lol!

still not bad.

terps4life90

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 06:08:16 pm »

His golden gun model is way better then what we have for GE:S.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 06:26:55 pm »

I like these and think they're good.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 08:20:30 pm »

A few models aren't that great, And texturing on them is a bit low-res, Although his work is okay, But I don't think it's good enough for this mod.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 09:16:17 pm »

His golden gun model is way better then what we have for GE:S.

I dunno if I was the only one who noticed, but those models are for GE64, hence the low amount of polys and the lousy textures. At least the C4 is and I think all the others are too (otherwise it's even worst than I thought). That's also why he is not fitting for this mod, unless he can crank out models with the quality we have just seen in the Martini Map Pack announcement...

terps4life90

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 09:38:26 pm »

I dunno if I was the only one who noticed, but those models are for GE64, hence the low amount of polys and the lousy textures. At least the C4 is and I think all the others are too (otherwise it's even worst than I thought). That's also why he is not fitting for this mod, unless he can crank out models with the quality we have just seen in the Martini Map Pack announcement...
I was joking ppk :P.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 10:08:25 pm »

I think there is potential here.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 12:01:18 am »

I like his models but you´re right with the texturing. needs some work. but he seems to be very active and I still hope he stops by for a moment. or longer

AndrewG

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • AndrewG has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 06:09:43 am »

Hi guys, I'm 'QBranch' from MI6 Community. Thanks for the constructive criticism and for taking the time to look at my work. I understand most of these models are too low-poly, except for maybe the PPK and watch, and the textures are way too clean/low res. I need to go back and dirty them up a bit, put some wear on them etc. The inconsistency in these models is mainly due to some of them being made two years ago, when I was still learning the basics of Maya. Please keep in mind that they've been specifically made for my animation, and the simpler models will only be seen briefly in the background.

The PPK is perhaps the most complex model I've made so far, however I believe I'm capable of producing models/textures like the dd44, from the Martini Map pack mentioned above:

http://octospot.com/goldeneye/2011/dec-community/dd44-render.jpg

I'd be glad to do a trial to see if I have what it takes to be a worthy addition to the team.

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:50:37 am by AndrewG »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 08:57:40 am »

hey, nice to see you, welcome on board. I think you have to start a new thread in the official application area (http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/board,19.0.html) and try your luck by showing the developers the best models you have and tell them about your 3D models capabilities, the programs you worked with and so on. good luck  :-)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:26:51 pm by The Cy »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up