GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 22, 2024, 05:33:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?  (Read 61643 times)

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 06:33:08 am »

OT: Passive-agressive much?  Learn to channel anxiety into manning up and being cool, or your lack of discipline will be your downfall.  All you needed to say was "you're not following me, bk, let me explain..."

Sorry. I know I was a little harsh... but try Moving away from what you've called your home for most of your life, leaving your friends, and your family, even your father behind, and not having your parents listen to you when you try to say anything, while being pressured to be careful (to the point of being lectured 1000x over).. and not Snap at someone eventually.

Yeah man. I just didn't understand where you were coming from. It sounds like you are just wanting the exact same aiming method that goldeneye 64 used, which worked great. I like the snap aim and view and stuff in it. If that was implemented, it would be good. Sorry if I made you all frustrated.
It's ok, sorry for the snap. But, yeah, now you see what I was getting at. :P
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 06:35:18 am by StrikerMan780 »

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 09:47:22 am »

You're going to have a lot of fun in the real world.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 11:58:50 am »

Oh shush... No need to be a jerk. I'm doing just fine now.

Anyhow... I suppose we should get back on topic.

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 06:17:53 pm »

er well on topic those statistical awards were one of my favorite parts of 4 player goldeneye. you know "most cowardly" "most proffesional" "weapon of choice: pp7" those things. i don't imagine they would be difficult to implement. either way, everyone else's suggestions sound more important, so i don't care that much, but if it was ever included in SOME release, that would be friggin awesome.

i agree with whoever was talking about  better bounding boxes or whatever. i just played with my ping under 70, and after about 8 pp7 hits from me to them, they simply pull the trigger on their ZMG and i die instantly. this was in liscence to kill. how come my hits don't count but theirs do? the blood splattered off his body and everything. LTK would be more fun if you know, the first person to shoot actually got the kill, not if ti was random.
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2008, 04:49:32 pm »

... I thought your name was PeskySauce

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 01:42:47 pm »

count on it pesky
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2008, 03:41:32 pm »

sweeeeet. and LOL @ peskysauce.

My name is derived from Quest for Glory II: Trial By Fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quest_for_Glory_2
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2008, 05:37:50 pm »

The business of jumping is rather slowly becoming more of a focus as it should be since it affects our gameplay for different skilled players. Back in beta1.0 times no one on the team cared about it they just wanted to ship a game with good assets to the starved public. This time i think polish is a crucial key to why we are doing it better now. I personally do not want to see players like unknown-pain and some of WNx in beta3 b-hopping entire servers because they have the desire to employ that advantage.

The 'wallhug' should be the only way people get speed bonuses because to wallhug in most levels we have means to disadvantage your position and controls from the quickest reaction when engaging enemies.

With jumping I will be a strong positive force to bringing about a necesary compromise to enforce the ideal of "healthy evasion" rather than "unhealthy exploitation". As VC said he has his theories so it any restriction doesnt RETARD a player, probly gonna be working with our fine coder to come up with something to test.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2008, 06:01:32 pm »

I have something to test; just waiting on the implementation.  It can go in with the white-out-when-you-get-shot-should-be-50%-alpha-not-full-white fix.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2008, 08:12:09 pm »

B hopping was there so it was exploited. I just hope you lot don't retard the player movement to the point where its not worth playing.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2008, 08:22:29 pm »

My plan affects only superfluous jumping.

Skarm

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2008, 04:51:48 am »

I've been playing Source Mods for a while and this one caught my eye so I then proceeded to download; everything was going fine... then I noticed that there is no crosshair in multiplayer, I went to the developer console and typed in "crosshair_1" but no crosshair... I believe that this feature is essential for multiplayer because people are making their own crosshairs and it seems rather unfair to those who don't. I actually use "crosshair_0" in L4D single player (more fun) but for multiplayer I keep it on because in multiplayer you have a considerable disadvantage if you do not use one.

Like uhhh... my friend told me you could get a sticker and hole punch it, then put it on your screen... come on... that's so unfair -.-' and I'm sure people have started to so stuff like this already...

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2008, 04:57:35 am »

How about adding in AAAALLLLLL of the those secret characters from GE64? That'd be fun to see.

Damn, I gotta play GE64 again...
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2008, 04:59:05 am »

I've been playing Source Mods for a while and this one caught my eye so I then proceeded to download; everything was going fine... then I noticed that there is no crosshair in multiplayer, I went to the developer console and typed in "crosshair_1" but no crosshair... I believe that this feature is essential for multiplayer because people are making their own crosshairs and it seems rather unfair to those who don't. I actually use "crosshair_0" in L4D single player (more fun) but for multiplayer I keep it on because in multiplayer you have a considerable disadvantage if you do not use one.

Like uhhh... my friend told me you could get a sticker and hole punch it, then put it on your screen... come on... that's so unfair -.-' and I'm sure people have started to so stuff like this already...

You have to be aiming to bring up the crosshair. I have mine set to the Shift key.

Damn, I gotta play GE64 again...

Hope you still have your copy. ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:01:12 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2008, 06:00:37 am »

People are free to dot; it's not like you couldn't do that on a TV with N64.  You can also argue that the MX518 is too good and unfairly advantageous over the $2 came with the Dell mouse.

Using the sighting skill in GES provides an accuracy benefit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up