GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 29, 2024, 10:36:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tournament Wanted  (Read 15150 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: Tournament Wanted
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 01:19:26 am »

Any news on this? Will it happen? Are any new players (e.g. also new to the forums) interested?

arturok1992

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • arturok1992 has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 06:48:33 pm »

I'm interested on it.
Teams is the way. I like 3 vs 3.
And fair teams please :P so no random shit :P. nobody would like to fight against JĂșlio, BigBird and E-S in the same team o.o. It's possible.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 07:51:23 pm »

For this to work, a group of people are gointo have to set it up. Can't rely on anyone, or the dev team.

The dev team is in full speed ahead for 4.1 we literally can't spare any time. 4.1 is so close and this is the hardest part that were at.

If the rules and everything can get written up, the team can back it/ promote it.
My suggestion would be for people to write up a full tournament rules and blueprint. The the rest can work on fine tuning the rules. Then once a complete write up of the rules (including everything, game mode,weapon sets,timelimits, everything) we can work on getting a server (the guy who was promoting his new free servers would be great).

Then we should be ontrack to start gaming.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:57:15 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 08:13:23 pm »

Maybe it would also be a good idea to have such a tournament prepared (in terms of rules) before 4.1 and held shortly after 4.1 is released - it could be included in the announcement of 4.1 as well and attract new players to get in touch with the community.

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 05:52:35 pm »

I think having a tourny when 4.1 is released is a great idea. 

Any chance we can get an approximate date of 4.1's release?......Pleeeeeeeeeeease:)

Spydow

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Spydow has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 06:09:08 pm »

2on2 would be perfect.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 08:14:04 pm »

I can do a writeup and such if you guys throw out ideas and I will ask VC what he thinks based on the proposals. I can unofficially/officially promote it on behalf of the team and community. And yes it should be held the weekend after 4.1 releases and can be promoted in a news post on moddb to attract more folks. I hope enzo is still interested in the livestream/commentary notion. That is gawd damn cool...

I will be purchasing some servers for the release period so we can use them if need be, and to trusted folks I could setup for them to access and administrate the comp if I cannot be relied upon.

Just brainstorm the conditions you want and we'll try find a basic consensus.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:17:37 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2010, 04:12:40 am »

Yup I still am, just pissed at cable upload limit..  might have to bump it up for a month.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up