GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 29, 2024, 10:28:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tournament Wanted  (Read 15149 times)

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
Tournament Wanted
« on: August 19, 2010, 03:41:28 pm »

Hey someone needs to host a tournament.  Maybe if someone steps up and we can get the word out we could have something huge planned for this weekend or sometime soon.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
Re: Tournament Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 03:46:53 pm »

Sounds like a pretty fun idea, might lift up the GE:S community a bit, are we doing 1v1 or teams?

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 04:56:20 pm »

Either is fine with me.  I don't care.  I'm just looking for a way to get more players online at the same time. 

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 05:19:11 pm »

hmmmm, it would be pretty cool to have teams of 3, no radar, no armor, and the first team to 20 wins.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 08:52:03 pm »

Teams would require something like ventrilo or Teamspeak.

Three problems:
1. the need of a TS/Vent server
2. ppl who have issues setting up their client correctly
3. or do not even own a microphone/Headset

Teams without voice communication will have a disadvantage compared to teams which got it.

Sure in the end there are even bigger issues which might occure (e.g. latency, timezones), but we should at least sort out the ones which can be solved.

Next issue:
How would you select the teams?
Shall ppl be allowed to choose their teammates on their own or will they be randomly selected?
How about substitutes in case one of the players of a team doesn't turn up at matchtime?
What about adjudicators who admin the server, watch the game and take the screenshot of the scoreboard at the end of the match?

i could go on with this, but i think you got my point.

Whoever is going to host a GES community tournament will have a lot of things to take care of, or else the event will fail.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 09:10:13 pm »

I like the idea. and I want to be in bird´s team :P
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

terps4life90

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 09:57:26 pm »

I'm Down :)!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 01:04:46 am »

You can have team-only voice chat as long as sv_alltalk is off. That reminds me that v4.1 includes an automatic sv_alltalk disabling mechanism if teamplay is turned on mid-match (auto teams).

WNxBIGBIRD

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WNxBIGBIRD has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 01:27:10 am »

I like the idea, but if all the good players got together the competition would be pretty pointless since each match would result in 20-0

terps4life90

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 01:33:45 am »

I say for the first match:

Players:

Proxie and Roger Moore Sucks

V.S.

WNxBigBird and The Cy

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 01:43:37 am »

Depending on when you guys hold this I would like to live stream and commentate.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

terps4life90

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 02:09:08 am »

That would be epic, live commentary :)!

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 02:54:50 am »

I'm afraid I got a little rusty but I'm interested, too.
Maybe someone should use this thread to collect the names of those who'd like to participate.

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 07:46:28 am »

I'd love to join in, but I'd be utterly useless as a team member/player in general so there's not really any point me taking part.
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 09:31:45 am »

I'd love to join in, but I'd be utterly useless as a team member/player in general so there's not really any point me taking part.

nobody is useless. we´re all members of the big goldeneye family. the only difference to other families is the fact that we shoot in each other´s faces all the time.  ;)
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up