GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 24, 2024, 08:33:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What Shall We Expect For the Next Release?  (Read 19514 times)

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
What Shall We Expect For the Next Release?
« on: August 11, 2015, 12:49:20 am »

I know all the developers are hard at work and I do appreciate all that you have given us but what is next on the agenda, what is the main attraction for this next release? I really do think this thread here we should discuss what the next release should have. Everyone please start discussing. I for one would like to see a few new characters and a few new maps as well a some unique achievements. I spent countless hours trying to get the achievements and it was a lot of fun doing so.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: What Shall We Expect For the Next Release?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 10:00:18 am »

I'd like to see better bot implementation and perhaps targeting to be more focused to make it slightly more beneficial, and maybe make it less of an obstruction, maybe by thinning out the target a bit, it's rather large and chunky and when shooting over long distance it tends to obstruct the view making it difficult to see what you are shooting. I would also like to see more official maps and classic versions, like Frigate, Depot, Jungle & Statue Park etc. Something that's always bugged me is the weird weapon stutter that you get sometimes in the animation when turning fast or if your pushing against a door as it opens (Does anyone else notice this?)... That's probably more to do with the engine itself though and maybe can't be fixed. Never been that bothered about characters, although it would be nice to have more options on that front. I would love for the Dossier to make a come back for the menu's as well in some way to really give that Goldeneye feel, although I feel the developers may disagree on that one and may have their own idea's, the last menu change was great so if they do it'll be good I'm sure... Can't think of anything else right now, for me it's mainly the bot issues, been wanting to do some videos with bots for a while, but don't want to show the mod with bots getting stuck in doorways and on stairs, or just standing there after being shot at as I wouldn't want the mod to come across as buggy, and you know how criticising the gaming community can be and I would like to attempt to draw in players rather than put them off.

Oh... One more thing, stop people from being able to hop around, I might play more online if people weren't leaping about all the time, very off putting for me.

Torn

• Level Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 03:12:12 pm »

Oh... One more thing, stop people from being able to hop around, I might play more online if people weren't leaping about all the time, very off putting for me.

Could you elaborate on what you mean when you say people hop around? There is a jump delay that prevents bunny hopping, so I'm just curious. Are you saying you would prefer that jumping was completely removed?
Official Releases: Dam / Egyptian
Community Releases: Quake - E1M7 / Blockfort

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 08:16:49 pm »

Could you elaborate on what you mean when you say people hop around? There is a jump delay that prevents bunny hopping, so I'm just curious. Are you saying you would prefer that jumping was completely removed?

Well of course, I can honestly say I have never used it, why would I, it's just not Goldeneye. I can understand however that it's now a part of the mod and has other uses apart from avoiding being shot in the head, and I'm 99.9 percent sure it's not likely to ever be removed, but for me personally it's a major put off and takes away from the classic gameplay of the original. Just my personal opinion of course. I'm curious, what do you think about jumping Torn?

Torn

• Level Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 08:48:02 pm »

Well of course, I can honestly say I have never used it, why would I, it's just not Goldeneye. I can understand however that it's now a part of the mod and has other uses apart from avoiding being shot in the head, and I'm 99.9 percent sure it's not likely to ever be removed, but for me personally it's a major put off and takes away from the classic gameplay of the original. Just my personal opinion of course. I'm curious, what do you think about jumping Torn?

I think jumping is fine, albeit a bit clunky in its current state. I personally feel like jumping is something people have come to expect from any modern era shooter. It makes your movement feel less restricted, and also opens the door for more interesting gunplay when you can't predict with 100% certainty where your enemy will be. I'm not advocating bunny hopping (which you can't do in GE:S anyways), but with the right implementation it makes the game more interesting in my opinion.

Official Releases: Dam / Egyptian
Community Releases: Quake - E1M7 / Blockfort

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 09:19:19 pm »

Well that's fair enough, each to their own I always say  ;)

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 11:11:51 pm »

There is a jump delay that prevents bunny hopping.

Um that is a bold face lie. I played this game for 6 years now and the jumping mechanics are the same and it is very possible to do bunny hops. I can create a video of it if you like some proof.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 12:43:47 am »

There is no need for that.  We all know it's possible to bunny hop on things like the ramp in Desert Temple.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 02:13:00 am »

You need a height difference to make it work. You can do it on Temple, yes, but most of times it just results on losing health.
Anyways I really doubt he essentially means bhopping, since I've only seen two players do it correctly.
Honestly the jump delay is already annoying enough, removing jumping would be a bad decision and would restrict the movement a lot.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 03:32:30 pm »

We're definitely looking at fixing long-standing issues with jumping but it's not going anywhere. If jump was removed it would actually break the majority of level designs we already have which assume the player's ability to traverse over railings, climb crate stacks, or cross gaps. The only way I could see jump being removed in any capacity is if we were going to have a 'classic' mode that enables when _classic maps are played.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Pappa Chimp

• 00 Newbie
  • Pappa Chimp has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 05:58:46 am »

I would very much like to see more characters added as I think that this would add quite a lot of fun to the game. In the original game there was a pretty big selection but of course you could only have 4 playing at the same time, so it would be nice to also have a large selection of characters to choose from and to see lots of different appearances of players in a game. (perhaps even including all Bonds, as intended in the original game?)

Of course the renaming weapons that have not yet been added (Tazer, Watch Laser) could also spice things up a little bit and add some amusement to things. As well as the ability to dual wield weapons in certain game modes or weapon sets perhaps (like in the original). You could also change which weapons you are able to do this with in different scenarios.

A nice touch may also be if the weapons were to move about when using the target to aim and things, like in the original game.

More maps are always welcome, and I am very much looking forward to seeing the new interpretations of remaining maps from the original game which have not yet been added (since you did such a good job on the ones that have been done). It would also be nice to see a map that combined the new versions Facility and Facility Back Zone together as well as a new Basement and Stack together.

Another thing which I would like is if we could see the game mode that was being played before joining a game, because I am not really that big on some of them and don't want to have to join the game before I can find out what is being played.

I also had an idea for a future release which might be worth considering, and that is to be able to use vehicle in certain maps or game modes like the tank. I am not sure if this would work so well though and I think that you have to be careful with this that it doesn't mess up the gameplay to much.

Oh and of course, I think that a DK Mode would also be great too. ;-)

I understand that these suggestions probably won't make it all into the next release, but any progress made towards implementing these things would make me happy.

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 10:12:44 am by Pappa Chimp »

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 11:17:55 am »

I would very much like to see more characters added as I think that this would add quite a lot of fun to the game. In the original game there was a pretty big selection but of course you could only have 4 playing at the same time, so it would be nice to also have a large selection of characters to choose from and to see lots of different appearances of players in a game. (perhaps even including all Bonds, as intended in the original game?)

I Would love to see some new screenshots of the new characters as i havent seen any new pics of Dr Deans Guards in a while, i understand that due to not having many character modellers it will take time- i have contacted people on deviant art but they want payment :S so yeah due to legal issues i dont think we could do that (im not sure of the details you might have to ask the team) i too would love to see Connery, Moore and Dalton agian but yeah there are still alot of characters left to be made such as Xenia, Nataylia, Siberian Special Forces, Moonraker Elites, etc but if we could ask as many people as possible maybe we could get some more people on the team and make it a reality- i  can dream can't i?

I would also like to see a game mode which switches off the radar as I think that it would be nice to play without it from time to time and would add another dimension to the gameplay.

I Thought there was an option to turn off the radar?

Of course the renaming weapons that have not yet been added (Tazer, Watch Laser) could also spice things up a little bit and add some amusement to things. As well as the ability to dual wield weapons in certain game modes or weapon sets perhaps (like in the original). You could also change which weapons you are able to do this with in different scenarios.

Well i think Tazer was already made a while ago but was taken out? i saw images and apparently it can be coded in via the development console but yeah i think its mainly a prop- it looks cool though but gameplay wise yeah it would need to be altered- some forum user said that it could be use to disable remote mines and yeah that would be cool but who knows.... Watch laser i think wasnt in the original multiplayer but single player- personally i think it could be like the wrist watch in perfect dark as a multi-blast Laser but less powerful than the moonraker laser... i seriously doubt Tank would ever be implemented into multiplayer as there want a weapon model created in the original and it would be extremely overpowered

A be nice touch may also be if the weapons were to move about when using the target to aim and things, like in the original game.

More maps are always welcome, and I am very much looking forward to seeing the new interpretations of remaining maps from the original game which have not yet been added (since you did such a good job on the ones that have been done)

i agree i would love to see a Reimagined Version of Aztec and ofcourse maps like Depot and Streets

Another thing which I would like is if we could see the game mode that was being played before joining a game, because I am not really that big on some of them and don't want to have to join the game before I can find out what is being played.

I also had an idea for a future release which might be worth considering, and that is to be able to use vehicle in certain maps or game modes like the tank. I am not sure if this would work so well though and I think that you have to be careful with this that it doesn't mess up the gameplay to much.

Oh and of course, I think that a DK Mode would also be great too. ;-)

DK Mode might be hard to implement with the source engine- perhaps if there was a chance to have the existing models and just inflate their heads and keep them as Additional Characters? i dont know if that would work and yeah with the orignal authour files so *Insert Shrug Here*

I understand that these suggestions probably won't make it all into the next release, but any progress made towards implementing these things would make me happy.

Keep up the good work!

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 02:09:26 pm »

The guards are finished since like a year now, the pictures are on Facebook. There's no progress on any other character. And we can't include "all Bonds" due copyright, that's why our Bond here doens't look like any of the actors.

There is an option to turn off the radar. (ge_allowradar 0 I think)

Dual wielding is being considered, but nothing is promised since it'd require a lot of new animations. The laser watch as you said it's a SP thing and wouldn't do much use in MP, really, as for the Tazer yeah the model is there but it'd be like a knife reskin so I think it's out.

We're also looking for the possibilities of moving the crosshair through the screen like in the original.

There are a lot of maps being worked on, but we don't show images because they keep changing and wouldn't make sense to do so, plus they might look ugly in early phases of development.

You can see the gamemode that's being played in a server by just right clicking it and viewing the information of it, or by using the classic server browser (Which you should).

Vehicles is probably a thing you'll never see for various reasons.

I don't know if DK mode would be possible since it'd require changes to hitboxes too, since no one wants to have a gigantic head that's only possible to be hit by firing at the neck.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 02:18:39 am »

"all Bonds" due copyright, that's why our Bond here doens't look like any of the actors.

technically it is possible to have all bonds as long as they dont look like their actors the same way the GES bond doesnt look like Brosnan but you can see the similarties though like his hair looks Brosnan's haircut style in The World is Not Enough

So yeah the possibility of All Bonds can still be included- just get a vague look alike of all the actors give them their costumes
Etc: Connery's White Dinner Jacket from Goldfinger/Diamands are Forever , Moore's Tuxedo with a haircut style from The Spy Who Loved Me (i think it was parted to the side similar like this image:
)

and Dalton well hmmm he could wear either a tuxedo or the stealth suit he wore in The Living Daylights
his hair could be slick back but the rest of his face could look diffrent

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 02:23:51 pm »

Yes, something like that would've possible of course, but we don't have any active character modeler right now.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up