GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 04:38:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Three Diffrent GAMEMODE Ideas  (Read 8596 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Three Diffrent GAMEMODE Ideas
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:56:24 pm »

Since I'm new here and I'm a big fan of Goldeneye Source so i came up with some gamemode ideas:

Tomorrow Never Dies (aka Data Up link)

A Teambased or Competitive gameplay mode where both teams (Mi6 and Janus) must locate a Taser Boy (Golden Highlighted) and use it to download data from a Computer/Laptop Terminal
while players are downloading the data either a teammate must protect them as they cannot use weapons. the team which gets the most downloads (Eg: 25Points) wins the match.
 to avoid camping exploits the terminal will spawn in diffrent locations around the map after a successful download.

Goldfinger (aka Collect the Goldbars)

Players must collect as many goldbars as they can before the time limit reaches zero. they can kill each other and collect their goldbars (roughly there should be
at least 60 Goldbars to collect including hidden ones) but there is a catch- with each goldbar the players speed is decreased (this is just a random suggestion for gameplay balances)
the player with the most goldbars wins.

MoonRaker:

Low Gravity LTK basically perfect for maps like Cradle or Statue

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Three Diffrent GAMEMODE Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 12:04:25 am »

King of The HillA popular FPS game mode from all FPS games- Halo, Perfect Dark, Call of Duty, etc brought in for Goldeneye Source

Realism
In This Mode you can only pick up two weapons (you can either swap one of your weapons with another one), theyre is no health bar when you get shot so you have no idea of when you could die, no hud (except for the watch scoreboard). This is just an idea

Special Assignments:
This is a "Beta" Gameplay type mode which tests the possibility of Online Cooperative/Counter Operative and Single Player (but without the A.I issues).
there will be certain levels in which each teams have seperate goals one of the examples i have came up with is:

Special Assignment #1: Facility
Mi6 Objective : Gaining Acess to The Backzone, Download Data from Computer Terminal and to Deteronate The Gastanks with Remote Mines
Janus Objective: Stop The MI6 Team at all cost

In this mission on the MI6 Team there will be two players (Eg:Bond and Alec) (or 3 if you want to include a Scientist- there would be only allowed team members from that particular level unless ofcourse you want anyone to be used) who must complete Point A to Point B and to also complete certain objectives
to complete these objectives. while The Janus Team (Eg:Ourmov and Janus or Guards) must kill the other team. The Mi6 Team cannot respawn if killed- if a MI6  player is killed
the player will have to wait until either the other player completes the objectives or dies. The Janus team can respawn after they are killed and can spawn (like in Live and Let Die
whereever they want to on the map to either lay traps or such like Remote/Proximity Mines or to build a diffrent stratagey).
Team play is crucial for this game to work. to balance it for the Mi6 players they are automatically equiped with Body Armour and a Taser Boy (to locate mines and such) and
well after the team completes their mission or die- they can swap sides so that the Mi6 become Janus and Vice versa and get their revenge. (its sort of a mixed version of Left4Deads "VS" Mode and
Perfect Darks Counter/Cooperative Mode)

Sorry im new here but these are some of my ideas

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 12:40:05 am »

I'm just reviewing them really quickly.

Tomorrow Never Dies : This could be an okay game mode, I don't have an opinion against that, But since spawn points are not designed for this kind of gameplay, This could be hard. I don't know.

Goldfinger : I think Living Daylights is enough already.

Moonraker : This just sounds like halo, But without shields. Also, Statue has not been released yet.

King of the hill : Not many maps could work with this, Apart from Runway, Aztec and Temple, I can't think of any other maps.

Realism : Forget about it.

Special Assignment : Maybe they will release a coop mode someday, But don't count on that.

Rick Astley

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 10:23:03 am »

so lets see:

TND= Possible
GF= Less Likely
Moonraker=  Since nearly all the GE Source Developers dislike Halo i guess not
KOTH- Unlikely
Relasim- Nope
Special Assignment (BETA)= Nope

Jackred

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jackred has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 08:04:23 pm »

I am not surprised that they don't like Halo because the series really went down hill starting with Halo 3.

Half-Life series is one of the best FPS series and I love the direction they are going.

You guys should make some more levels based on the other movies even trying doing what the original team did with Egyptian.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 01:13:11 am »

I like the Moonraker idea, to be honest, although I wouldn't have it as an LTK gamemode.

I guess you could do Moonraker Deathmatch and Moonraker LTK (but pushing it so all the gamemodes have low gravity: no way)
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 02:07:49 am »

You guys should make some more levels based on the other movies even trying doing what the original team did with Egyptian.

I think they should focus more on levels that we're in the N64 game first, This could wait. But if you have skills in Hammer editor you could always try to make your own map!

Rick Astley

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 02:31:37 am »

I am not surprised that they don't like Halo because the series really went down hill starting with Halo 3.

Half-Life series is one of the best FPS series and I love the direction they are going.

Honestly Halo 3 and Goldeneye are my two favourite FPS games of all time- nothing is in comparison compared to these two- except L4D1 and GE Source ofcourse  ;D

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 05:57:28 pm »

I really like the Goldfinger idea. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

arturok1992

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • arturok1992 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 08:47:57 pm »

I like Tomorrow Never Dies, King Of The Hill and Goldfinger. But Moonraker and realism, eww :S.

Rick Astley

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 10:09:44 am »

Well Tommorow Never Dies, GoldFinger and Moonraker (without the LTK Setting) would be really good

namajnaG

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 10:14:17 am »

What I actually disliked in the Moonraker idea was the low gravity, Then it just makes it an LTK match with lasers only. Sure, It would fit the theme to have low gravity with lasers, But I wouldn't like to play that, Really. I played in a public WNx party night with low gravity (And I mean really low.) and seriously, It was hard to hit someone flying all around air-strafing and all.

However, That is just my opinion.

EDIT : Re-reading the whole original post again, Goldfinger could be quite a challenging one. Although in small maps such as Bunker, Library and Basement, I wonder how could we fit 60 goldbars in there, Unless we stack them by 3 or 5.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:17:41 am by namajnaG »

Rick Astley

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 11:20:09 am »

What I actually disliked in the Moonraker idea was the low gravity, Then it just makes it an LTK match with lasers only. Sure, It would fit the theme to have low gravity with lasers, But I wouldn't like to play that, Really. I played in a public WNx party night with low gravity (And I mean really low.) and seriously, It was hard to hit someone flying all around air-strafing and all.

However, That is just my opinion.

EDIT : Re-reading the whole original post again, Goldfinger could be quite a challenging one. Although in small maps such as Bunker, Library and Basement, I wonder how could we fit 60 goldbars in there, Unless we stack them by 3 or 5.

well we could have a specific amount of gold bars for each level for large maps its 60 while small maps its either 20 or 30
Pages: [1]   Go Up