GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 11:41:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?  (Read 61585 times)

Spydow

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Spydow has no influence.
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2009, 05:31:17 pm »

I want a soviet soldier skin :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2009, 07:23:23 pm »

Knowing it's gonna be a little late to put into Beta 3, but could there be any way of selecting your model in the Multiplayer options rather than having to change it from the default every time you go into a new map?

This is already implemented. When you choose your character it saves that choice in your user settings when you EXIT THE GAME correctly much like a bind x "to this" command is saved. Then the next time you come in, it'll auto select the character you  had last saved. Teamplay kinda messes this up because it forces characters on each team to be chosen and if you fav was bond and you are on Janus, well... you will auto select boris (1st Janus Character). Minor inconvenience, but it works 100% of the time if you play non-teamplay only and its really easy to choose your character in the VGUI.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2009, 08:05:39 pm »

Edit: Squeeky wheel be-greased.  :angel:

Still, need three cvars so DM and TDM model preferences are retained. :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 03:00:38 am by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2009, 02:07:52 am »

Scratch what I said earlier, I implemented VC's gripe

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2009, 05:36:55 am »

one thing i dont really like is where your pickups are displayed with the kill ticker. if you could move them to the other side of the screen or bottom right.

and another thing about the ticker is to have the colors team based like in cs. cant really keep track of your team without actually reading.

thanks and kick some more ass!!

SDFprowler

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SDFprowler has no influence.
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2009, 06:09:40 am »

You know what you guys need to do as far as extra random characters goes?  Create characters with the Goldeneye: Source developers' and mappers' (and etc) faces, just like Rare did with Goldeneye 64 :D

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2009, 06:20:42 am »

You know what you guys need to do as far as extra random characters goes?  Create characters with the Goldeneye: Source developers' and mappers' (and etc) faces, just like Rare did with Goldeneye 64 :D

That is what we are going to do actually ;)... For as many as we can fill up. We don't have enough developers to put a face on each of the 30+ 'extra' characters there are. So who knows, maybe we'll start taking community members faces ;)
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

SDFprowler

• Agent
  • SDFprowler has no influence.
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2009, 06:38:54 am »

Awesome!  I always thought the extra characters who were modeled after the developers brought a good personal, down-to-earth touch to the game.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2009, 09:40:08 am »

If you need my face, I'll gladly put up a picture.  ;D

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2009, 01:08:37 pm »

LOL yeah I would volunteer to be digitized.
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

snk_kid

• Agent
  • snk_kid has no influence.
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2009, 01:18:58 pm »

I don't know if this is a known issue yet and whether or not this source engine specific or GE:S specific problem but certain individuals have some kind of spam-bot and keep repeatedly spamming a paragraph of what looks like an East-Asian language.

It is clearly spam because it comes and goes so quickly no one could read it without bringing up the dev console. Furthermore I know that one particular individual his/her native language is definitely not any East Asian language and I highly doubt that this person has suddenly learnt an East Asian written language all of a sudden.

Apart from being very annoying what is worse is for some reason it makes the game for others severely lag or freeze for a couple seconds, I spoken to others who have been around while it is happening and they say they are getting the same thing as me.

You can tell this is intentional and It is very frustrating so please try to investigate this.

Note, I do have East Asian language support installed for Windows XP but I do not wish to un-install it just to prevent the game freezing up often because some b***** is intentionally spamming. Is there a way to disable other languages being displayed in source games?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:23:40 pm by snk_kid »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2009, 01:33:40 pm »

I believe this happens when people have to many "Character Map" letters in there name, or just certain ones.
      Cause did have this problem early yesterday, but when he changed his name, problem was gone. So if it happens again, check the names in the server and ask them to change there name..... if not, get a admin and have the admin do it for them! cause it does lag the server.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

snk_kid

• Agent
  • snk_kid has no influence.
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2009, 01:55:07 pm »

I believe this happens when people have to many "Character Map" letters in there name, or just certain ones.
      Cause did have this problem early yesterday, but when he changed his name, problem was gone. So if it happens again, check the names in the server and ask them to change there name..... if not, get a admin and have the admin do it for them! cause it does lag the server.

I don't think this is the case, one individual is doing it without changing their GE:S MP name. Even when I kindly ask to stop doing it they don't and sometimes they increase the amount of spamming.

This is not like a few words, I'm talking about a paragraph of text.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:58:18 pm by snk_kid »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2009, 01:59:52 pm »

I always wondered about that myself...
Was never a problem for me, though. It wasn't too terribly frequent. The game would pause for a half a second and "a paragraph of what looks like an East-Asian language" would appears and then go away in two seconds. (Or something close to that.)
Never stayed longer than that.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2009, 02:26:51 pm »

f there name has the charcter maps in it then every time they kill/die it will most the time freak out the server. And if they type it will do the same. Untill they remove the special letters it will freak out, next time try to get them to change there name. Atleast that was the same issue yesterday.

remember VC explained this before, some todo with the source engine, maybe a programmer can explain more.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up