GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 05:24:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapon textures that need sprucing up.  (Read 11769 times)

Masut

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Masut is looked down upon.
Weapon textures that need sprucing up.
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:47:17 pm »

Hello,

Just thought I'd mention a couple of weapons which I feel aren't on the same visual level as others.

First up is the Golden Gun. Now I know this weapon is simple looking to begin with, but this model is just made of basic building blocks and is fairly unattractive. Add some texture to it and get the look and feel of it right. Here's a reference pic. You can clearly see each component of the gun and the extra detail that makes it authentic.

Next is the Cougar Magnum. The metal frame of the gun is too plain, and could use a detailed texture and perhaps some metal wear marks on it. Check out the metal texture on this old style revolver:

This is the future. Your old memories of passed N64 days were all you had left.

Until now.

You know the name. You know the number.

* * * GOLDENEYE 007: SOURCE * * *

dlt

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • dlt has no influence.
Re: Weapon textures that need sprucing up.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 02:02:26 pm »

The golden gun will be redone one day but right now getting all the other weapons in game is more important. With the goldengun I think it needs remodeling as well as the skin being updated.

The magnum looks a lot better better now that the origin has been updated.
The hunt is on!

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 07:12:41 pm »

I thought the Golden Gun was already redone?
Anyway, I think they should use the Magnum from Half-Life 1.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 09:49:45 pm »

Golden Gun needs a complete re-work. That includes the damn animations.  There's no way to fix the fire/reload timings without kludging it (like my famous 5-round-magazine, which would've been fine if they'd fixed the exploit Vorty said he found to burst fire it... which is silly since it's (supposed to be) rail-accurate and bursting it would put five bullets in one hole and get you jammed in the buggy animation.)
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Master Chief

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 09:35:25 pm »

i think they actually did a pretty good job on the weapons...
i still cant find the moonraker laser, which is kind of disappointing for me, but when i eventually find it i bet it will be superb :)
btw, i just downloaded the game today, and its great guys!! keep up the good work

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 03:10:27 am »

I redid the goldengun back in january with a normal map... So it will be out in the next release. Except I used the movie poster as a reference.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:35:55 am by Ryan [Saiz] »
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

GeneralOurumov

• Agent
  • GeneralOurumov has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 02:28:33 am »

the goldengun has no trigger its stupid

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 02:42:46 am »

ur stupid!~

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 03:53:30 am »

The goldengun does too have a trigger.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 04:24:42 am »

the goldengun has no trigger its stupid

It does, believe me.

I'm not a modeler, so I'm not sure if this relates to texturing or just the actual construction of the model, but are the viewmodels ever going to be optimized in any way at all? I was looking at some of them a while back, and noticed that here was often an extra hand laying off the the side, and areas that would never be seen by the player (such as down the barrel of the gun, or the right side of the barrel) were not transparent or missing, like valve's viewmodels, especially with the autoshotgun, in which the hands are not even holding the gun, and in the fire animation, the part of the gun that slides aside to pop the shell out actually opens up, which would never be seen by the player.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

GeneralOurumov

• Agent
  • GeneralOurumov has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 04:44:52 am »

ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
well in regular goldeneye if u go to the watch it shows no trigger on some guns we should fix that

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 05:26:09 am »

Well, the original Goldeneye 007 Developers probably did that to lower the polygon count, since they needed to get rid of as many unnecessary things as possible... since this is a remake, and everything is of much higher detail, it would probably be better off with triggers.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW
Pages: [1]   Go Up