GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 04:33:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search for a good Graphic Card  (Read 9109 times)

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
Search for a good Graphic Card
« on: January 06, 2013, 02:56:36 am »

Hi I am looking for a graphics card between $200 and $300 that can run for example, Gta IV to maximum which is higher than the Radeon HD 6870.
I prefer Nvidia cards but I can still continue with a Radeon card.

Do you have a suggestion?
Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:59:23 am by FReXx »
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: Search for a good Graphic Card
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 03:17:20 am »

Between $200 and $300 narrows it down to basically any average graphics card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121664

That's one of many. The *60 GTX cards are usually a great bang for their buck (I was able to run GTA 4 fine with a GTX 460 1GB) and easily fall within your price range.

Good choice switching to Nvidia.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 03:29:35 am »

What SSL said, Best value would be either the GTX480, GTX660 or GTX660Ti, The Ti is about 50$+ than the 660. The GTX480 is a bit harder to find on most websites, But if you can get your hands on one, You should go for it, It's slightly cheaper than the 660, And it delivers pretty much the same performance, If not better.
Get one of those three, And you're in business.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 03:34:56 am »

Between $200 and $300 narrows it down to basically any average graphics card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121664

That's one of many. The *60 GTX cards are usually a great bang for their buck (I was able to run GTA 4 fine with a GTX 460 1GB) and easily fall within your price range.

Good choice switching to Nvidia.
Lol exacly that I watched for a few minutes!

She will be powerful enough for future games like Gta V or Sim City?
I have a big problem of overheating with my Radeon this is the last time I bought this :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:40:46 am by FReXx »
Released maps:

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 03:37:36 am »

What SSL said, Best value would be either the GTX480, GTX660 or GTX660Ti, The Ti is about 50$+ than the 660. The GTX480 is a bit harder to find on most websites, But if you can get your hands on one, You should go for it, It's slightly cheaper than the 660, And it delivers pretty much the same performance, If not better.
Get one of those three, And you're in business.

What is the difference with 660ti compared to 660?
Released maps:

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 03:56:06 am »

What is the difference with 660ti compared to 660?

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Geforce GTX 660 gets its ass kicked by GTX660ti

FUCK, I spent $100 on the GTX 650 thinking it was going to be a damn good upgrade. I came from a 9800gt. Might upgrade again later.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:01:14 am by Terrowrist »

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 04:02:34 am »

Fine i bought the 660ti Thank you for your help.
Released maps:

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 05:40:08 am »

She will be powerful enough for future games like Gta V or Sim City?

Of course, If you got the 660Ti, It's one of the greatest cards.
And, Sorry to burst your bubble... But GTA V is not 100% officially planned for PC.

Besides... Am I the only one that never had any problems with ATI cards? :P

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 08:07:02 am »

Of course, If you got the 660Ti, It's one of the greatest cards.
And, Sorry to burst your bubble... But GTA V is not 100% officially planned for PC.

Besides... Am I the only one that never had any problems with ATI cards? :P

ATI had terrible terrible drivers before all these new high end cards came in. Now they are good. Then nvidia starts acting up like fools and they used to release unstable drivers for certain cards like the 8800.

If i had a choice, 680 would be it.

Overall I haven't had too much of an issue. The only thing happened was my nvidia driver went to safe mode for some reason.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 02:28:35 am »

660ti is the best before diminishing returns.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee
Pages: [1]   Go Up