GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 01:57:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with the release of SANITARIUM MASSACRE!  (Read 12286 times)

Fear57

• GE:S player
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Fear57 is working their way up.Fear57 is working their way up.Fear57 is working their way up.
Help with the release of SANITARIUM MASSACRE!
« on: December 22, 2012, 03:16:58 am »

Hey everyone, I know it's been forever since I've posted. I've been helping someone with a game! Yes, that's right and he's almost ready to release! HOWEVER! This project for him has been over 10 YEARS and he's $8,000 into it. No, I'm not asking to donate hundreds of dollars to him, I'm simple spreading the game! Here is the site for ordering along with some other goodies. The minimum contribution is $1, I don't think there's a max. Here's the site for it:

http://www.indiegogo.com/sanitarium-massacre/x/1966593?c=home

$190 has already been put in out of $7,500. If that $7,500 is met then the game can be released AND all of the other stuff can be made (T-Shirts, Posters, Cassette tapes, etc.) Sadly, there is only 29 days to do so. If $7,500 is not met the game will still be released but it wont be in his planned four months, it could be double, triple or longer even, the other stuff will not be made BUT YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED.
I've made a steam group on it also, so feel free to join. Also here is his official site:

http://pigfarmergames.com/

If you think you might be interested in it pick it up, or if you'd like some perks there's details in the side menus. Spread the word too. I know, "Why not just put it on Steam Greenlight?"
Because it takes $100 to do that, and that's money he doesn't have :(

View the trailer here:

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:28:32 pm by Fear57 »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Help with the release of SANITARIUM MASSACRE!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 02:38:56 pm »

Not to sound rude, but after 10 years this is not very impressive. I highly doubt even with $8,000 he could cobble together any semblance of a game in 4 months.

Fear57

• Agent
  • Fear57 is working their way up.Fear57 is working their way up.Fear57 is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 03:21:29 pm »

Not to sound rude, but after 10 years this is not very impressive. I highly doubt even with $8,000 he could cobble together any semblance of a game in 4 months.

:o

He's not asking for eight grand, that's just something he put up to see what would happen. Plus it started out where you could play as Michael Myers from HalloweeN and pretty much play the first movie, sadly copyrights shot that down. That's when I started following it. The game is 90% completed already, there's tons of features such as breathing control (people can hear you breath through the mask) you need to cut the phone lines to keep them from calling help and other things.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 06:59:21 pm »

BEST trailer.

Fear57

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 07:18:01 pm »

BEST trailer.

Haha. I should of mentioned this before. The game is 90 - 95% finished already. The $7,500 is for stuff he wishes to have with bundled packages. It's for T-Shirts, Cassette Tapes, Making of Documentry, Posters, Limited Edition hand painted Figures and some other things. Plus this will help get it out hopefully in 4 months. If the indiegogo campaign does fall flat the game will be released at some point but the bundle stuff is a no-go.

terps4life90

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 11:18:47 pm »

Looks pretty fun. I always wanted someone to make a game about Michael Myers LOL!!!

Fear57

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 12:12:46 am »

Looks pretty fun. I always wanted someone to make a game about Michael Myers LOL!!!

Yes, sadly that was shot down not too long ago because of copyrights.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 08:43:17 am »

TBH, it doesn't attract me at all.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 08:50:35 am »

He might want to update the video engine. That looks very outdated. Also, tell him to release a playable demo, so people can get a glimpse of it. Wish him success.

Fear57

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 05:22:15 pm »

He might want to update the video engine. That looks very outdated. Also, tell him to release a playable demo, so people can get a glimpse of it. Wish him success.

He can't update a video engine. You have to literally make the everything out of shapes.  There's lots of playable demos. Look at the latest HalloweeN demo for the idea.

That's cool. It depends on what people like. It's more for the people who want to play as a slasher from the 80's early 90's era. He's not the kind to get offended if it doesn't interest you, one reason why I'm helping him put the word out too.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:26:02 pm by Fear57 »

terps4life90

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 07:56:32 pm »

Neither does the lack of characters in ges.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 09:55:37 am »

Ah well... sorry for the short answere, i had not much time yesterday.

The graphics are not the reason for that.
Sure, pretty is something else, but i wouldn't mind graphics much if the gameplay and athmosphere would be good.

I like all these old 80s horror and slasher movies like Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elmstreet, Halloween etc. but i don't see much of it beeing transported in that game.
To me it seems like a voyeuristic kill simulator and not even a good one like Manhunt.

I really like the idea of beeing the bad psycho killer guy, because it's something unique that hasn't been done before a lot.

Judging on what i see in that trailer, the gameplay simply lacks stealth elements such as hiding in the shadows, waiting for the victim and don't be spotted early on or by other npcs.
These are things other games have allready done very successfully.

I'd say the game cannot create a horror experience because you are the one that brings the horror.

Here some suggestions:

You should be able to do lots of things like cutting off telephone, disdable lights, lock certain doors, write messages in blood etc. in order to scare the victim and lead it into your trap.

===================

Just a situation that might occure during the game: (caution, psychotic content)

You went to a house, the victim watches TV in the living room.
You need to get the victim to the bedroom upstairs (a "mission briefing" will introduce you to all the possible killing areas of a location).

If you cut off the electrics right now, it would be affraid to call the police, so you cut the phone at first (if you're a clever killer).

Next you need to make sure that the doors are locked or blocked so the victim cannot leave the house, so you need to go in there and get the keys without beeing noticed at all.
After that, you should prepear the bathroom mirror or some walls with your blood messages and make sure that there are no objects the victim could use to harm or spot you e.g. remove the knife from the kitchen, take the flashlight from the table behind the couch.

Now it's showtime, you cut off the power. Lights go out (luckly you're able to see in the dark) TV is dark. The victim tries to find the flashlight, no luck, so it's easier for you to hide.
Don't make any noise when the npc is near you, you don't wanna let it know where you are, till it's to late. (still could run away into a unexpected room and block the door)
The victim found a photo camera and will use the flash to find the way to the fuse box.
Luckly you knew that and prepeared the door to that room with a big "you will DIE" message.

Now the victim is affraid, and tries to call the police. Phone is dead (if you did not forget to cut the phone line).
Getting more affraid, tries to get out of the house. But you locked/blocked the doors (did you? all of them?).

Now it's time to show yourself to scare the victim even more. Hunt the victim upstairs till it locks up in the bedroom. Hopefully you wrote the message on the bathroom mirror, or the victim will lock up in the bathroom where you cannot reach it and you didn't forget the unlock the window of that room so you're able to get inside there from the roof.
Now you might see a cinematic sequence, maybe with some QTE, too (depending if you took the knife from the kitchen or not and your victim isn't defenseless).

===================

As you can see, i'd focus a lot less on plain killing and a lot more on adventure stuff like collecting items, interacting with the enviroment etc.
This might be even possible as a point & click adventure, but also as a First or Third person adventure.

However it wouldn't feel so plain and offensive as it is right now and possibly could deliver a good thrilling experience.

I could also imagine "missions" where you have to get rid of several victims but have to split them up at first to make them more vurnerable or have to hide from the cops because they'd kill you with their guns on sight.

Fear57

• Agent
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 04:30:50 pm »

Ah well... sorry for the short answere, i had not much time yesterday.

The graphics are not the reason for that.
Sure, pretty is something else, but i wouldn't mind graphics much if the gameplay and athmosphere would be good.

I like all these old 80s horror and slasher movies like Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elmstreet, Halloween etc. but i don't see much of it beeing transported in that game.
To me it seems like a voyeuristic kill simulator and not even a good one like Manhunt.

I really like the idea of beeing the bad psycho killer guy, because it's something unique that hasn't been done before a lot.

Judging on what i see in that trailer, the gameplay simply lacks stealth elements such as hiding in the shadows, waiting for the victim and don't be spotted early on or by other npcs.
These are things other games have allready done very successfully.

I'd say the game cannot create a horror experience because you are the one that brings the horror.

Here some suggestions:

You should be able to do lots of things like cutting off telephone, disdable lights, lock certain doors, write messages in blood etc. in order to scare the victim and lead it into your trap.

===================

Just a situation that might occure during the game: (caution, psychotic content)

You went to a house, the victim watches TV in the living room.
You need to get the victim to the bedroom upstairs (a "mission briefing" will introduce you to all the possible killing areas of a location).

If you cut off the electrics right now, it would be affraid to call the police, so you cut the phone at first (if you're a clever killer).

Next you need to make sure that the doors are locked or blocked so the victim cannot leave the house, so you need to go in there and get the keys without beeing noticed at all.
After that, you should prepear the bathroom mirror or some walls with your blood messages and make sure that there are no objects the victim could use to harm or spot you e.g. remove the knife from the kitchen, take the flashlight from the table behind the couch.

Now it's showtime, you cut off the power. Lights go out (luckly you're able to see in the dark) TV is dark. The victim tries to find the flashlight, no luck, so it's easier for you to hide.
Don't make any noise when the npc is near you, you don't wanna let it know where you are, till it's to late. (still could run away into a unexpected room and block the door)
The victim found a photo camera and will use the flash to find the way to the fuse box.
Luckly you knew that and prepeared the door to that room with a big "you will DIE" message.

Now the victim is affraid, and tries to call the police. Phone is dead (if you did not forget to cut the phone line).
Getting more affraid, tries to get out of the house. But you locked/blocked the doors (did you? all of them?).

Now it's time to show yourself to scare the victim even more. Hunt the victim upstairs till it locks up in the bedroom. Hopefully you wrote the message on the bathroom mirror, or the victim will lock up in the bathroom where you cannot reach it and you didn't forget the unlock the window of that room so you're able to get inside there from the roof.
Now you might see a cinematic sequence, maybe with some QTE, too (depending if you took the knife from the kitchen or not and your victim isn't defenseless).

===================

As you can see, i'd focus a lot less on plain killing and a lot more on adventure stuff like collecting items, interacting with the enviroment etc.
This might be even possible as a point & click adventure, but also as a First or Third person adventure.

However it wouldn't feel so plain and offensive as it is right now and possibly could deliver a good thrilling experience.

I could also imagine "missions" where you have to get rid of several victims but have to split them up at first to make them more vurnerable or have to hide from the cops because they'd kill you with their guns on sight.

All of that's in there. Shadows hide you. You must control your breathing or people will hear you. Cut phone lines so they cannot call for help.  Kill in rooms or shadows to prevent bodies from being discovered. He's also working on a short mini-game where you must run and hide from the killer.

kraid

• Game Artist
    • my Homepage
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 07:26:05 pm »

In the video it looks like you're just following NPCs and kill them.
He surely needs to communicate these features to the watcher.

Fear57

• Agent
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 11:11:10 pm »

In the video it looks like you're just following NPCs and kill them.
He surely needs to communicate these features to the watcher.

I am the watcher and I'm the one who thought of the breathing control. :D That's not the final product in the trailer that's just him doing some things to make a grindhouse type trailer. NPCs will react to bodies, murder witnessing, spotting you, noises, breathing. The game itself at this point is simple, just a regular time killer to run around and kill the way you want to, run and chase, or choose to wait and stealthy kill them. There are a ton of weapons. Some are:

Drill
Syringe
Hammer
Cleaver
Machete
Knife

He's said it before that it will not appeal to everybody, but if you're just wanting to waste some time its a fun little slasher. Merry Christmas by the way! :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up