GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 11:33:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Banning  (Read 11546 times)

TheDarkMan78

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TheDarkMan78 has no influence.
Recent Banning
« on: June 21, 2012, 05:25:40 pm »

Not sure exactly where to post this but oh well. Recently on WNx's Chicago server, a guy by the name of [GMC]RYCKroll was arguing with a clan member, WNxBigBird, about how anyone could change their name and make it look like they were in the WNx clan. RYCKroll then changed his name to WNxRYCKroll, making it look like he was in the clan himself. BigBird did not like this, and after threating to have RYCKroll banned, had a fellow clan member, WNxKabiyoshi(or something along the lines of that, can't remember), who also happened to be the server admin, come on the server. The admin then banned RYCKroll temporarily. BigBird said RYCKroll was banned temporarily "as a warning" and that he expects "common courtesy" on the server. From what I saw, I believe that RYCKroll was not causing any problems on the server, rather that BigBird was taking simply offense to the argument  and that the ban was an abuse of the admin's power. Just wanted to get the higher ups aware of the situation, and see if anything could get done.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Recent Banning
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 05:39:04 pm »

You're in the wrong forums, Unfortunately, There's nothing that can be done here. You should refer to the WNx forums located here :  http://warriornation.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=675

TheDarkMan78

• 00 Newbie
  • TheDarkMan78 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 05:45:26 pm »

Alright, thanks.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 05:58:03 pm »

simple solution, don't ever play on wnx. Play on a server that doesn't have extremes when it comes to rule making...

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 06:01:40 pm »

simple solution, don't ever play on wnx. Play on a server that doesn't have extremes when it comes to rule making...

There's only one problem, The most popular server is WNx for some reason. *Cough* stats *Cough*
Let's show some love to TG and 1138 servers, They deserve it.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 06:11:04 pm »

My server has stats...
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 06:32:29 pm »

WNx being the most popular server isn't so much the case anymore, at least from my understanding.

That being said, WNx has some pretty uptight but clear rules.  I don't care for many of them myself, but if you're committed to playing on their server it's necessary to respect them.  Since it was only temporary and he was kind of egging them on, I'd say it was quite a bit more justified than most of their other famous bans.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 06:36:28 pm »

Antagonizing a whole clan based on an isolated incident isn't the proper way to go. If you have any dirty laundry, handle it through PM's. My inbox is open.

Also, let's not turn this thread in to a WNx hate thread like many before. Now, responding to TheDarkMan: yes, we don't like people from outside the clan wearing the tag - that should be obvious. Bird's reaction may have been a bit extreme (that depends on how uptight you are - and read this again so it sinks in the right way...), yes, but I went through the chatlogs and I had quite a laugh.

He was temporarily banned (10 minutes) so it wasn't a permanent thing like one could gather from your post. He did warn him about the tag and that he shouldn't wear it so it wasn't power abuse - far from that. It was merely punishment for what he did, and a light one at that since what he did was hardly anything serious (hence the 10-minute ban). If you have any more problems with that, my inbox is open, like I said above.

WNxBIGBIRD

• Agent
  • WNxBIGBIRD has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 06:47:07 pm »

Perhaps I can clarify some things up. Your story left out some fairly critical parts. I would estimate about 8 people in that game were accusing me of cheating. RYCKroll insisted I cheated and just simply put "WNx" in front of my name to pass off as a member. He did the same so I banned him for 10 minutes to prove a point.

Most people calmed down after that, but there are still the various accusations of rampant cheating and exploitations.

The point is, there are no cheaters in this game, and the ban I placed on him was completely justifiable.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 06:57:20 pm »

Um...no i think that puts a completely different spin on it.

You banned him to assert that you weren't being exploitative, and yet you decided to exploit your clan connections to accomplish this?  Really, there were many other ways of showing your legitimacy, at least to the degree that you did by banning the guy, so it kind of puzzles me as to why you would take that approach.

And from what you said, he was actually just doing it as a proof of concept and not as a way of slandering the clan, so i don't see why that warrants any corrective admin action at all.  He was just unwise to the game's various mechanics and thought that you had an unfair edge, and being a bit more open minded than most assumed you to be impersonating a clan member to avoid suspicion.

It's a bit far fetched, but i can see how someone would come to that conclusion.

So instead of proving that you were part of the clan by sending out a server message saying "Bigbird is in WNx" or something similar, you ban the dude.

It's a fundamental practice of mine to look at both parties equally...but I really can't catch a glimpse of your side of things here, sorry.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

WNxBIGBIRD

• Agent
  • WNxBIGBIRD has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 07:44:17 pm »

You are not understanding this correctly, ES. I banned him because he wouldn't shut up, and was insisting on being ignorant. I had told him plenty of times that I wasn't cheating and I was part of the WNx clan. It got to the point where I ended up putting a temporary ban on him because he wouldn't listen. By removing him from the server (for a short time) it gave him time to cool down and kept the harassment at bay. I had told him plenty of times as I said.

Even leaving out the entire part that I was in WN, forget all that. Based on the fact that he would  not stop accusing me of cheating, that enough warrants a ban. I'm not going to just sit there and take it like people expect me to.

Whether or not people agree with this ban or not doesn't matter. Don't like it? Don't play with me.

This topic can be closed now as there is nothing more to be discussed.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:19:43 pm by WNxBIGBIRD »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 08:35:37 pm »

I find it rather interresting that some individuals are using this "oportunity" for discouraging ppl to play on WN servers and even promote other servers.

I'd choose the server depending on rational things like ping, population, gamemode, map etc.

Not playing on a server because it's hosted by a certain clan is something i wouldn't recomend at all. Our community isn't huge enough to have it splitted up that much.

All of you, no matter which clan, should at least try to get over your differences, be a little more tollerant, accept the opinion and rules of others and be respectfull.

On the topic of the "strict" rules of WN, in fact most ppl would agree that the majority of them are valid and common sense.
Just as example: no cheating, no flaming, be respectfull to others... .

The GES section of WN is hosting these servers that are payed with donations done by the members of the section.
They're offered as a playground to the whole community without any charge.
We only ask you to follow a few simple rules in order to create a good gaming experience for everyone and also not to be disrespectfull to the ones who gave it to you.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 08:45:20 pm »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 08:48:52 pm »

I think a mountain is being made out of a molehill here. Let me just set a few things straight so we don't beat around the bush anymore:

1) It was only a 10 minute ban. So whatever, it was probably over before this thread was even created.

2) People have always accused Bigbird of cheating, it's nothing new. Everybody who has been in the community for a while knows this. If nobody can prove anything then it's not even worth talking about.

3) It's Bigbird's server, he can do what he likes on it and administrate it how he likes.

4) This isn't the place where this should be discussed. This is the Official GE:S forum where we deal with issues with the mod and the development, we don't control private servers of unaffiliated clans.

5) Best song, Proxie, best song.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 08:50:19 pm »

This thread is entertaining but veering towards troll land. You both have 2 hours to kiss and make up before I delete this thread.

We, GES, don't condone any of this behavior, including 10 min bans. If he is so bad he should have been perma-banned or just kicked, or even ignored.

There is the ability to mute players in the menu whilst playing.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up