GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 22, 2024, 12:22:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Event Server  (Read 13611 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Event Server
« on: April 25, 2012, 06:44:00 pm »

Agent Under Fire

I thought it would be a good idea to start doing monthly GE:S events.  I purchased a server and I'm going to start doing them the first Saturday of every month.  For the first event, we'll be playing Agent Under Fire.  This mode is dusty and hasn't gotten the attention it deserves.  I recently overhauled it and I'm anxious to play it again.

Information
Date: May 5th
Time: 5pm EST
Server: Troy's Server || Chicago || Agent Under Fire (206.217.131.20:27015)
See you there.
  ;-)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:45:39 pm by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
Re: Event Server
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 06:49:10 pm »

Nice job, I'll join in once my mouse arrives.  Thanks for the contribution, I'm sure it will be go much appreciated.

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 11:31:30 pm »

I will definitely join this! always a fun time with AUF.

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 11:39:31 pm »

Suggestions:

ge_startarmed 2
Have default gravity for Runway, otherwise you can climb out of the map.

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 07:11:40 am »

Suggestions:

ge_startarmed 2
LTK used ge_startarmed 3 so you can get dutch rudder.

Have default gravity for Runway, otherwise you can climb out of the map.
I didn't know that.  I guess I will find a new map for rocket arena.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:52:43 pm by Troy »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:49:48 am »

I didn't know that.  I guess I will find a new map for rocket arena.

Cradle, if you're feeling suicidal. Or a map with wide open spaces indoors, like Stack (or Library), though you may not want to lower the gravity on that one since you will be headbutting the ceiling more often than it's considered comfortable.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 04:20:40 pm »

Cradle, if you're feeling suicidal. Or a map with wide open spaces indoors, like Stack (or Library), though you may not want to lower the gravity on that one since you will be headbutting the ceiling more often than it's considered comfortable.
With Cradle, with gravity set to normal, you can still jump off and die.  The gravity for Stack Classic (Turbo Death) isn't low enough to hit the ceiling.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 06:35:01 pm »

Well, if Stack works well even with lowered gravity, why don't you try it? Aztec can be nice as well, though those tight corridors may be a bit of a hazard, but who cares? You have the big rooms to have fun.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 06:57:04 pm »

Stack Classic (Turbo Death) can already be voted on in the mapchooser.  I replaced Runway (Rocket Arena) with Siberia.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 10:10:36 pm »

If I don't work, I'll be right there!

Kiihhu

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kiihhu has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 08:26:35 am »

Montly events = good idea. I hope people will get aware of these events. There's advertisement on Troy's server and now on these forums, but perhaps more advertisement is still needed. We should spread the word.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 11:29:07 am »

Montly events = good idea. I hope people will get aware of these events. There's advertisement on Troy's server and now on these forums, but perhaps more advertisement is still needed. We should spread the word.

that´s right, it should be posted on facebook and in clan forums. as far as I am concerned these things should also be posted on front page and we had this discussion some time ago and nothing has changed. for a mod like goldeneye source it isn´t enough to post things every three or four months, because there isn´t a huge playerbase like in counterstrike which wouldn´t decrease in a few months. the last official front page post is from december and I really don´t understand it. it´s already May now. you have to keep the people playing. so it´s necessary to inform people that a new third party map is out (twine_mi6_sc), that an event server starts soon and inform about the progress of 4.2 (and I´m glad that major post things regulary on facebook and killermonkey posted a video last week, although he isn´t responsible for presenting such things)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:54:32 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 12:07:06 am »

I have not picked an official start map.  I was thinking Control or Egyptian.

liamcadhain

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 12:39:13 pm »

Good luck with the upcoming event Troy, I'll try and join sometime during the day if I can.

I have not picked an official start map.  I was thinking Control or Egyptian.

I like both maps tbh but I think I prefer Egyptian over Control. Just my opinion though (I mightn't even be around for the starting map anyway, lol)

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 11:02:51 pm »

Don't forget this is tomorrow night.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up