GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 11:48:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekend Event  (Read 13495 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Weekend Event
« on: September 07, 2011, 08:47:46 am »

The final version of Cy's Funhouse was released a few days ago. In order to celebrate the two long years he spent on it, I have set up an event. The map will be played with the following settings:
  • Game mode: Man with the Golden Gun
  • Radar: On
  • Time limit: Unlimited
  • Weapon set: Nick Nack's Scheme
          "0"    "KNIFE_THROWING"
          "1"    "PP7"
          "2"    "PP7_SILENCED"
          "3"    "D5K_SILENCED"
          "4"    "D5K_SILENCED"
          "5"    "SHOTGUN"
          "6"    "REMOTEMINE"
          "7"    "SILVER_PP7"

Note: If you still have the old version of Cy's Funhouse, download and run the bat file I have created here. It will delete your old files whether you are running Windows XP or newer. When you connect to the server, it will automatically download the newest version. Alternatively, you can download his map here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:50:58 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: Weekend Event
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:13:45 am »

Quote from: remove_funhouse.bat
del "%ProgramFiles%\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\gesource\maps\cy_funhouse.bsp"
del "%ProgramFiles%\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\gesource\scripts\soundscapes_cy_funhouse.txt"
del "%ProgramFiles%\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\gesource\scripts\music\level_music_cy_funhouse.txt"
del "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\gesource\maps\cy_funhouse.bsp"
del "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\gesource\scripts\soundscapes_cy_funhouse.txt"
del "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\gesource\scripts\music\level_music_cy_funhouse.txt"

Now that's unpleasant. Wouldn't work for me, because I installed Steam on another drive and NOT in my ProgramFiles path (regardless of x86 or not). While it will work for most people, they could also uninstall the 3 files manually. But I'm looking for a command to read the Steam path from the registry anyway and will post here if I find it.

EDIT: What I'm running into is, that it seems you have to know your exact registry path to GoldenEye: Source, which could depend on the windows version used. Could work with a reg query. I think I'll get it working.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:09:01 am by coolDisguise »

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:15:02 am »

While it will work for most people, they could also uninstall the 3 files manually.
The problem is most people do not know which files to delete. So I have given them to option of running the bat / connecting to the QA server or downloading Cy's map and replacing the files manually. If the bat file does not work, they can simply edit the path.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:17:10 am by Troy »

Airtux

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Airtux has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 04:00:28 pm »

Cool! i have instaled this map!  ;D i am ready for the week-end.
Sorry for my poor english.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 06:22:41 pm »

wow, this is great! thanks man. I like this map, looks beautiful  ;D

I´ll be there
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 08:24:08 pm »

Could work with a reg query. I think I'll get it working.
Have a look at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\SourceModInstallPath. Good luck dealing with batch  ::)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:30:52 pm by Doc.NO »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 08:55:06 pm »

Cool thanks Badplayer.  I might try using a reg query later.  It looks like that will work.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 01:06:51 am »

Here's an excerpt you could use as well (if for some reason the mod folder has a different name):

REM queries for the exact (/e) String "GoldenEye: Source" in HKLM\Software recursively (/s)
reg query HKLM\Software /s /f "GoldenEye: Source" /e

The problem is retrieving the result of the query.
From there on it's just the value of the install key.
I think on other versions of Windows it wouldn't be the Wow6432Node in between Software and Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\..., so the query is important. But yet if I do it in a For-loop it seems to insert Values for variables in advance instead of on every loop, so I can't do checks what has been returned by the query, so I can only store the key path instead of "1 result has been returned". -.-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:09:25 am by coolDisguise »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 10:29:14 am »

Cool! i have instaled this map!  ;D i am ready for the week-end.

me too. it´s gonna be a big fat party!  I´ll buy some german beer and I hope I´ll see you all tonight!!  8)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:31:48 am by The Cy »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 11:10:21 pm »

Yes, don't forget the event is tonight.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:12:39 am by Troy »

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 02:58:19 am »

man it was heaps fun...thanks troy for taking the ping bans off otherwise i would have missed out on that awesome map :)

Airtux

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Airtux has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 03:18:30 am »

Yeah! i like this map! thanks.
Sorry for my poor english.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 03:47:10 am »

WHAT A GREAT EVENT! Thank you very much, Troy! It was pure fun! Thanks to all the nice people & I hope you enjoyed the map

And here are some impressions of that awesome night:

good night everybody,
cy
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:55:47 am by The Cy »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 07:10:32 am »

Great guys.  I'm glad you enjoyed it. ;D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 09:39:17 am »

Great to see people had fun. Wasn't very happy that I got emergency called to work, so missed the event. I added your images Cy to Facebook as I was hoping to take some shots, but missed out.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up