GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 12:25:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GEServer change map problem  (Read 5761 times)

Krisius

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Krisius has no influence.
GEServer change map problem
« on: February 11, 2011, 06:10:37 am »

Hi guys!

Last night I was nearly to bang my head in the walls trying to change the map in a private server.

I followed all the instruction as accurately as I can but still didn't worked for me.

OK, I have installed GE Server, is running and my friend can join my server. so far so good, but it always loads at the beginning the ge_runaway map. I said ok, let's change the map... typed in the console "changelevel ge_facility" and i get this error " Can't changelevel, server didn't start". But I am connected to the server also my friend.

I got into the server.cfg file and tried everything there, at the "Load Specific Server Type Settings" and the option "exec server_normal.cfg" is by default (it has no // in front of the line). The thing is that I can not find the "server_normal.cfg" file in my server installation folder, so I have inserted the "//" in fron of the line and delete the "//" in front of the "exec server_small.cfg". This Server small I can find it in gesource folder and I can configure. BUT...the maps for this "preset" does not include "ge_runaway" map (according to the mapcycle.txt) right? In my case... NO :) it still loads that frikin "ge_runaway" map. I got angry and edited all the "mapcycle.txt"s and deleted, everything except "ge_facility", saved and started the server. Guess what? :) also in this case it still loaded "ge_runaway" map. It hunts me I tell you... :)) I just closed the server and got into bed angry at myself.

The thing is.... i know I am doing something wrong and I know is not the settings of the server...is just me. Please guys tell me what am I doing wrong and tell me how to change the map :)

Thank you
Cris

Krisius

• 00 Newbie
Re: GEServer change map problem
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 01:05:22 pm »

Hey guys, I just figured out!!!!

I have opened my run_ges.bat file and there it was...just changed ge_runaway to ge_facility and there you go....

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 10:49:29 pm »

You could also add a changelevel command in your valve.rc

btw, it's ge_runway.... not ge_runaway...

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 09:59:22 am »

Most likely the reason why changelevel was not working was because you misspelled ge_runway in the first place. Because it was not running a map yet, you can't change the level. You have to start the server at some point with the 'map' command.

Normally to choose the map you want to start on, you either add '+map xxx' to the arguments or add 'map xxx' in a config file that will be executed at startup (autoexec.cfg in non-GES games; add 'exec autoexec.cfg' to valve.rc to normalize GES).

The easiest way to see what's going on with the server is to type 'status' in console and it should tell you the map that is running along with some information about connected players. If you type 'status' and it doesn't list a map name along with a correct IP address, the server is not ready to go.

* Please forgive any incoherency as I'm just about done with a growler right now.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 10:02:50 am by mookie »
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Krisius

• 00 Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 07:17:47 am »

Thanks guys for your answers, and yeah.. my bad with the mistype. The thing is that I wanted to load a different map in GEServ. and it always loaded the same one - Runway. Anyway, am new to this kind of setup but I am on the right track, of course i will get stuck at some point if I wanted to do something else, but this is why there is a forum for this :)

I intend to do a custom map cycle with license to kill mode enabled. I think the "ge_ltk 1" I got it figured... but the custom mapcycle... we'll see :)

Thanks again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up