GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 10:16:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linux Server problems  (Read 7523 times)

lemtargatwing

Linux Server problems
« on: December 17, 2010, 05:06:42 pm »

So I setup gesource server on my linux box (OpenSuse 11.3), followed the wiki step by step and everything.  When I go to run this command:
Code: [Select]
./srcds_run -game ../gesource +ip 192.168.1.120 +map ge_bunker_classic +maxplayers 16

I get this error

./srcds_run: line 352: 20843 Segmentation fault      $HL_CMD
Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem

So I added -debug and got this:

./srcds_run: line 352: 20947 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $HL_CMD
BFD: Warning: /home/myuser/hlds/2/orangebox/core is truncated: expected core file size >= 25911296, found: 14147584.
Cannot access memory at address 0xf77158ec
Missing separate debuginfo for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
Try: zypper install -C "debuginfo(build-id)=fbaee3f5e15417f014dc59b0561eb7192ff04c5c"
Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
Cannot access memory at address 0xff95592c
/home/myuser/hlds/2/orangebox/debug.cmds:4: Error in sourced command file:
Cannot access memory at address 0xff95592c
email debug.log to linux@valvesoftware.com

Any help here or should I just quit while I'm ahead?

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
Re: Linux Server problems
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 05:21:59 pm »

Have you tried downloading it again?

lemtargatwing

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 05:28:05 pm »

A couple of times actually.  I'm very new to this, so it's probably something really small that I overlooked. 

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 08:11:57 pm »

OpenSuse is not supported.

Only Ubuntu 8 -> 10.01 is supported officially by the mod.

You might find some other linux help elsewhere, sorry, but Valve is not kind to linux and any small issue in versions of libraries can cause massive headaches

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 11:55:16 pm »

OpenSuse is not supported.

Only Ubuntu 8 -> 10.01 is supported officially by the mod.

You might find some other linux help elsewhere, sorry, but Valve is not kind to linux and any small issue in versions of libraries can cause massive headaches
Well you can link it to different libs, if you can figure out what libs Valve used...

EDIT: type ldd xyz.bin
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 12:01:00 am by V!NCENT »

aurekana

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 11:37:32 pm »

Not sure if applicable, since it's more of a band-aid solution instead of actually getting the linux server files working natively, but...

Running Ubuntu 10.04, had the same segfault issues as you did with a truncated core, with no help from the internets. What I did to get it working was setup the server in Windows to get the directory structure correctly in place, and then moved the whole folder to my linux box and am running it with WINE.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 12:13:28 am »

truncated core just refers to the debugging file that is dumped, has nothing to do with the game.

lemtargatwing

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 01:48:09 am »

Thank you guys for the quick responses, I'll definitely take a look at the libs when I get a chance, but until then I may just throw it on my Ubuntu Server once I get it up and running, or throw it on a VM

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 04:49:33 pm »

Thank you guys for the quick responses, I'll definitely take a look at the libs when I get a chance, but until then I may just throw it on my Ubuntu Server once I get it up and running, or throw it on a VM
It's not a big deal; just ldd the libs, copy them from an Ubuntu install and link them (that you can easily google). However the people at Valve are completely retarded if they didn't build with dynamic dependancies and shipped the working libs with the download =S

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 12:54:49 am »

However the people at Valve are completely retarded if they didn't build with dynamic dependancies and shipped the working libs with the download =S

You have obviously never looked at Valve's source code...
Pages: [1]   Go Up