GoldenEye: Source Forums

• June 23, 2024, 03:29:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling All Android Owners!  (Read 8485 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Calling All Android Owners!
« on: August 25, 2010, 03:33:21 am »

Ok. Here's the deal. Everyone that owns an Android phone is eligible for the following opportunity! However, you must pass my requirements in order to participate.

I am developing Android apps for use in various parts of your lives. I am looking for Beta Testers for these apps before they hit the wild.

Currently, I am more than half done with a workout fitness app that comprehensively lets your Browse Exercises, Plan Workouts, Record Workouts, and Track Progress.

Once I finish with this I will be working on an app that lets you track your stats for GE:S! Yes, thats right, the first ever mod to offer stats tracking from your cell phone :-D

I am also up for suggestions for apps so if you have an idea shout it out. I am only interested in practical ideas that offer comprehensive and unique solutions to everyday problems. If you want to become one of my beta testers (I will begin testing in the coming month) then you must submit to me the following (IN A PERSONAL MESSAGE):

Your real name
Email
Android version
Phone type
Short blurb as to why you will be able to help me test my apps

I hope you understand my scrutiny, I take utmost pride in my work and expect dedication from my testers. So please, all those interested feel free to PM me the above information and I will get back to you. Any requests that don't answer all my questions will be deleted immediately without consideration.

I am also looking for a 2D artist who can help me with various icons and graphics in my apps. For the fitness app, I intend to sell it and am willing to pay you for your efforts!
>>>>> http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/ui_guidelines/icon_design.html <<<<<<
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:38:41 am by killermonkey »

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
Re: Calling All Android Owners!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 03:36:51 am »

2d is simple, no android.. but any graphical work I'm here :D

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 03:51:26 am »

Beta testing? Why are you writing bugs in the first place?

Pic related. It's me and my android.

"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 03:57:29 am »

Beta testing? Why are you writing bugs in the first place?

You do realize you beta test to figure out non-coding bugs as well. I am more interested in usability assessments and that "second set of eyes" kinda thing. With that said, bugs are bound to creep up, especially in such a loose language like Java, so I also need people to try to break the app because it is bound to happen to some of my paying users...

It's also nice to know how the apps perform on other phones besides my Droid-X which can pretty much play goldeneye source if I could load source on it...

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 04:09:21 am »

wow killermonkey, I didnt know you were a programmer. I though you were just a level designer after all this time.

Yea, i would help, but i suck at testing apps. I prob would not find anything wrong lol.

I can prob come up with ideas that can turn into apps.

GES Stats App now thats fucking awesome shit.

Make apps that run smooth for the G1 (HTC Dream) and i might pay you.

and no I never had sex.. oh wait you mean gender? (looks in pants) Yes I am mail.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:11:34 am by osaeed2k9 »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 04:37:08 am »

Did you really think he was a mapper? That would be hilarious. Km only coded basicily the whole game, and is the sole reason why things don't work (love ya. fullhomo)

Oh and if you wanna make your G1 a lot faster. Look into rooting, and installing a custom G1 rom of android2.2 (froyo). From the videos Ive seen it makes the G1 almost like a new phone.

I think I might have to slide in a application for this little thing. Since you totally didn't talk about this and got me wanting a android, and I totally did'nt go and buy one like 6 months before my contract ended.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:39:32 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 05:33:19 am »

wow killermonkey, I didnt know you were a programmer. I though you were just a level designer after all this time.
Yeah he kinda coded the entire game that this forum is based around. [/smartass]
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 06:14:15 am »

I'm getting into android programming as well. My goal is to create an interface with my school's Solar Decathlon home so that you can interact with the house from your phone. Shit like changing the color of the lights and turning off the TV.

That said, I'm down to help out. I've got a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S for AT&T)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 06:53:36 am »

Oh and if you wanna make your G1 a lot faster. Look into rooting, and installing a custom G1 rom of android2.2 (froyo). From the videos Ive seen it makes the G1 almost like a new phone.

yea i have rooted my g1 when I bought it. I had Cyanogenmod 5, then it was shitty slow and unstable. Kept crashing shit all over. I went and got Super E which is total kickass.

Still the g1 is kinda slow compared to Nexus and shit. Man i want a phone with 1GHZ processing speed and 2GB's of ram lol

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 10:55:01 am »

I'm getting into android programming as well. My goal is to create an interface with my school's Solar Decathlon home so that you can interact with the house from your phone. Shit like changing the color of the lights and turning off the TV.

That said, I'm down to help out. I've got a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S for AT&T)

We should talk. I learned a lot outside the sdk documentation. Likewise I can help test your apps as well.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 12:37:58 pm »

"if I could load source on it"

That's why we should've made our own engine.  No bugs, it would run on 2000 after the 31st (goodbye cruel world) and it would be on platforms other than fail-os desktops.

"Java"

Ew.  Also, unless it uses a RNG to branch, it doesn't matter if the language is loose, it's your keystrokes that count.  Just make a C++ to Java converter to turn diamonds into costume jewelery and you're ready to sell out.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 03:41:49 pm »

haha we just need an app for iphone
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 09:43:22 pm »

Android > Iphone.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 10:33:38 pm »

Give me $150 and an iPhone and it'll be done. The iPhone SDK costs $$$ and you have to get your app through the retards up in Apple, inc. Don't forget to salute their swastika on your way out or else they might pull your app from the store and refund all your customers.

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 05:08:50 am »

1st : You can download IphoneSDK as an torrent i am sure.
2nd: quite everybody has a jailbraken iphone. Just uploading the file anywhere.
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up