GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 28, 2024, 07:31:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye Wii Update  (Read 42094 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Goldeneye Wii Update
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2010, 10:30:34 pm »

This is what happens when you hire hippies and college day dreamers to design a video game....

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2010, 11:37:39 pm »

Hey now, I take offense to that :/

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2010, 01:16:19 am »

If someone doesn't get offended everytime I post something I consider it a worthless post. Thanks for being offended :-D

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2010, 11:23:36 pm »

Golden Classic Controller bundle confirmed:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/111/1111528p1.html

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2010, 01:26:25 am »

Raise your hand if you _still_ own the REAL classic gold controller (N64).

*Raises Hand*

Pics or it didn't happen...

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:56:09 am by killermonkey »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2010, 01:33:33 am »

EDIT:
I didn't know there was an actual golden controller, I thought you meant some normal N64 controller - so I guess I have to lower my hand on this one. :- (
Yet it wasn't that easy for me to get GoldenEye in Germany back in these days (in 1997 I was 11) but since our school class went to France it worked out about 2 or 3 years later. (I was lucky I knew the game because a friend of a friend had it - it was on The Index right after the European release)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:17:30 am by coolDisguise »

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2010, 02:06:34 am »

I was actually hoping "Classic controller bundle" meant we would finally have something similar to the original N64 controller for the wii.

what a letdown.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2010, 02:21:46 am »

I was actually hoping "Classic controller bundle" meant we would finally have something similar to the original N64 controller for the wii.

Of course not, the target audience for the game is too young to know what an N64 controller would looks like. They'd be like "Wait, do I need three hands to use this thing?" It would require thought and understanding, something generally lacking among today's gaming population, particularly the Call of Duty fans this game is aimed at.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2010, 02:29:51 am »

Even so, I remember the original N64's manual stating 3 ways of holding the controller for those who wouldn't figure it out.
Yet I used another way to hold it when I played GoldenEye - grabbing the stick with my left hand and doing everything else with my right (using the middle finger for the z-trigger, index to aim and thumb to change weapons and reload/use). Everyone told me it looked funny but I it felt more comfortable to me and I was more accurate than otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:08:59 am by coolDisguise »

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2010, 03:41:33 am »

Even so, I remember the original N64's manual stating 3 ways of holding the controller for those who wouldn't figure it out.
Yet I used another way to hold it when I played GoldenEye - grabbing the stick with my left hand and doing everything else with my right (using the middle finger for the z-trigger, index to aim and thumb to change weapons and reload/use). Everyone told me it looked funny but I it felt more comfortable to me and I was more accurate than otherwise.

O_o

I just did it simply like the right position shown here:

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2010, 03:56:44 am »

I was a lefty
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2010, 04:40:05 am »

Your mind has been blown.

Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2010, 08:46:55 pm »

I actually found that out by a friend of mine handing me an N64 controller and then a Nunchuck. That blew my mind far more than a picture would have. It's awesome though.
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2010, 08:54:00 pm »

Any chance you could get a picture of that? I can't even imagine what the would look like or how it would be possible to play like that (especially a game like Goldeneye).
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2010, 09:02:30 am »

You could even use two N64 controllers to play Goldeneye.
Allthough i never saw someone doing this, except for shoting baron in the egypt end sequence and fool arround in other sequences.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up