GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 28, 2024, 09:28:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye Wii Update  (Read 42111 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Goldeneye Wii Update
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2010, 07:58:20 pm »

if it was born for nintendo, keep it for nintendo. If they want goldeneye, make some other game similar.

Why? I could understand if it was a Nintendo franchise game like Mario or Zelda. GE:S isn't on a Nintendo platform, and why does it have to be if it's Goldeneye? Michael Pachter is right, fans of the original are a more 'hardcore' audience and a Goldeneye remake would be better off developed by the original developer rather than simply for the original platform company.

I'd say Activision's move for Nintendo exclusivity is to take advantage of the lack of hardcore shooters on the Wii. Since they don't already have a Call of Duty title on the Wii, this fits the bill perfectly for them.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2010, 08:06:58 pm »

Activision already has multiple CoD titles on the Wii, all of which are dumbed-down ports with poor controls and PS1-quality graphics. Which is another reason I worry about the quality of Activision GE.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 08:12:16 pm by Jonathon [SSL] »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2010, 10:13:51 pm »

Since they don't already have a Call of Duty title on the Wii, this fits the bill perfectly for them.

Facts. Fix them.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2010, 11:22:14 pm »

Forgive me, I've not touched a console in a long time.  :-[

MasterChief2829

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterChief2829 has no influence.
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2010, 04:27:57 am »

My god it gets worse the more I hear about it =(

RIP GE: XBLA.

Reading that basically makes me want to kill Iwata. Fuck Nintendo.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:37:25 am by MasterChief2829 »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2010, 07:52:09 am »

I seriously feel like throwing up every time i hear/read about this article. A golden opportunity wasted for the wii and 360. Hell, I would have easily bought it for wii in a heart beat and told all my friends to get it for 360. lol They would have made SO much money it would have been sick.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

5onic

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2010, 07:10:52 pm »

This game looks so bad, nintendo is just taking advantages of a popular game to sucker kids into buying it. This is not the vision we had for golden eye (well my vision), its either all or nothing. Make it proper, or don't bother.

gdmatt

• Agent
  • gdmatt has no influence.
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2010, 04:51:34 am »

So Activision prevent the 360 version from being released, whilst allowing what could be a crappy remake of the best console FPS ever? That spells fail to me. If the remake doesn't live up to my expectations, then that will spell the end of me buying any Activision or Ninty games. Im becoming a far more PC focused gamer, and all Activision are good for are the CoD games, which have all had the same gameplay since CoD2.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2010, 08:03:57 am »

Nintendo blocked the xbla goldeneye actually.

Legend goes they said to the other profit parties they get 50% or its a dealbreaker. And only the japanese nintendo boss threatened bad relations with activision to hault the release. 3 pies needing dividing, would leave M$/rare to settle on 25-30% leaving activsion to also be left with 20-25% or so and since M$'s subsidiary Rare did the work to upgrade the title, they couldn't stomach that deal.

That was before it was ever a chance to be split onto nintendo arcade release the 50% thing, then I think they tried sweeten it for nintento by saying rare would port it to wii VA if a fairer price percentage was in place for all.

Pretty gay, I personally think they should renegotiate (since COD games have been on wii since then) and do a split release. Rare does the port to nintendo. Nintendo gets 70% of sales on it's VA, while rare/activision gets 15% each. XBLA releases and M$ gets 70% and rare/activision get 15% each.

Its a SWEET deal for the platform companies then, and I think the right holders and the porter would be OK with getting millions of dollars from the (easily) million copies that would be bought.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2010, 10:16:31 am »

Not sure if they ever talked about a version for WiiWare (since it was not exactly the classic rom but an enhanced version).
Sure it would have been the best thing for the fans, but whenever money gets involved these things don't count anymore.

soyboy1800

• Agent
  • soyboy1800 has no influence.
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2010, 08:03:59 pm »

Wow, lets all freak out.  You're making the faithful remake, Nintendo is re-imagining the game.  These are two separate things.  Honestly, I think seeing how butt hurt all the devs here are has finally put me off of this damn mod.  I've been waiting forever, and it's not worth it anymore; especially if a totally different game idea makes you think something is threatening your work. 

You guys bitch way too much.  The NEW take on my favorite SP campaign ever will be fun, and so will GE:Source, albeit in a DIFFERENT way. 

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2010, 10:58:24 pm »

Wow, lets all freak out.  You're making the faithful remake, Nintendo is re-imagining the game.  These are two separate things.  Honestly, I think seeing how butt hurt all the devs here are has finally put me off of this damn mod.  I've been waiting forever, and it's not worth it anymore; especially if a totally different game idea makes you think something is threatening your work. 

You guys bitch way too much.  The NEW take on my favorite SP campaign ever will be fun, and so will GE:Source, albeit in a DIFFERENT way. 

I'd like to respond with "no offense, but...", yet the first part wouldn't be true, after all. Can't you see that it isn't the fact, most of this mods community and developers think the new game on the Wii won't be that good after all, but the possibility of Nintendo threatening to sue the crap out of everyone, just because this is a remake of the same game and they dislike people using similar titles for things, which might also get some of what they think are THEIR (paying) customers? So a c&d order is to consider and don't go like "why would they?" - 'cos they fucking can. They've got money for this. Besides, why would the dev team fear about the work they've done if it wasn't because they actually LIKED their own work. I don't see that point as confirmable for the programmers @Activision. It's not like the devs of GE: S are getting anything for it besides our admiration.
Have fun with the new Call of Goldeneye or GoldenDuty or whatever. No one is hindering you, no one says it's exclusive "this" or "that". But the guys at Nintendo might, if they wanted to.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2010, 11:12:07 pm »

Don't be so ignorant. What the hell is your point? That people can't criticize something? If anyone can criticize a Goldeneye remake, I'd think it would be the developers who have spent the last half of a decade working on a faithful remake of it, don't you?

In fact, I think you're trolling to be honest.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2010, 11:39:31 pm »

Have to agree with mangley on the troll call.

The new title is completely open to different opinions and should, but expert opinions would have to be what I'd categorize almost all the devs as, on goldeneye. So if we are saying something isnt being faithful (something most of us appreciate a LOT in a remake) its not "internet rage" or "ego" or whatever else you imagine just because we do it from behind a computer.

You are free to disagree with the consensus but it's useless to say we shouldn't feel a certain way about what they are doing with something we love, or that we should be super tolerant when we hold ourselves to strong standards of goldeneye recreation.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:52:19 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2010, 12:38:41 am »

I just put it to this analogy. Its like being a animal rights activist, but seeing someone put a cat in a small kitty sweater. You feel like the cat was fine how it was without the sweater, but then there is another group of people who think it is cute and fitting. The thing both groups don't know is how that cat will react to having the sweater, but the animal rights people know that the cat was fine without it. It just takes time to find out if the sweater is a good choice or not.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up