GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 12:15:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Project 1 : Monitor Images  (Read 38388 times)

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
Re: Community Project 1 : Monitor Images
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2010, 01:32:04 pm »

Hehe you know them

Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2010, 02:02:04 pm »

yes!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2010, 02:07:00 pm »

Yeah, those are some of the ones i want to be done as well.  They're universal images that can fit on any stage, making them useful for custom maps and other misc locations.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 02:13:47 pm by Entropy-Soldier »
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2010, 09:27:38 pm »

Got Max Headroom?
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

TheGroom

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2010, 12:58:10 pm »

Hi Guys, hope I can help out with some images threw these together last night

They are a bit large atm :D but i haven't optimised at all

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2010, 02:17:08 pm »

Looks good, but I guess the black version of the symbol in the background is supposed to be a a shadow of the one in the foreground, suggesting the light source is in front. Yet the shadow is smaller than the original, which makes no sense because basically the shadow is about the size of the original when the original is directly on the background and bigger if the original has some distance to the background. And of course the shadow would surround the symbol in at least every direction (left, right, above, below) but one.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 02:30:37 pm by coolDisguise »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2010, 03:00:56 pm »

Those look sex.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2010, 03:09:11 pm »

Bottom one looks fine to me shadow wise. If the lighting setup involved multiple lights facing inwards towards the center of the object you would see shadows similar to that; more rough of course but it communicates fine.

Good work.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2010, 04:54:48 pm »

Then again if there are multiple light sources the shadow would be looking different when the symbol is facing sidewards. (and the the shadow wouldn't be as dark)

I never said I didn't like it, it's just that I thought that point was strange about it.

TheGroom

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2010, 07:51:52 pm »

For those of you who don't like perspective.....

seriously though I'm currently modeling for a custom NS2 map with an official mapper so I love a little side project or two! give me some ideas and I'll try to achieve a nice result for you!

btw I presume 2mb for a gif is toooooooo big for a monitor screen?!?!?!?! the 128 version is 428k!!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:03:53 pm by TheGroom »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2010, 08:39:09 pm »

if needed, could just cut it in half. Mirror the same thing. so the handle of the scythe will always be on the right, that should half the size.

I think a non-shadowed version of the first(old grainy version) would be sexy
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

TheGroom

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2010, 09:08:30 pm »

Mi5 will be knocking on the door soon if I keep posting USSR logos!

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2010, 03:26:48 am »

I need some Depot related monitor images guys

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2010, 05:13:25 pm »

I need some Depot related monitor images guys

Sanserif Version (taking Mangley's advice)

Translates into "Shipping Manifest" and is then broken down into the name of what is being shipped, its shipping code and the date. Look specifically in the second to last line of the middle column ; )

All of the dates are around the fall of the Soviet Union due to the game description of the level saying it's a disused military depot.

Translates into a description of the paint on a shipping container. The warning is that it is not protected against corrosion.

Non-pixelated version

Translates into "Attention! ... Certain barrels explode when shot! Exercise extreme caution! ... Janus - Helping build a safe work environment.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2010, 06:53:47 pm »

:)! Sexy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up