GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 01:33:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Steam for Mac - Oh Goldeneye Please Please Please  (Read 24990 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Steam for Mac - Oh Goldeneye Please Please Please
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 10:41:48 pm »

GES won't be "Mac-Ready" any time soon. First of all I have no way to test it, I hate Apple and their products, secondly it is not even close to being a priority for the team.

Thanks for caring though :-/

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 11:37:27 pm »

And since only macs with like 9600GT M + can run any source games effectively, its a small market.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 03:09:45 am »

Dont listen to monkey, he is just a mac hater. As soon as valve release a mac sdk ill compile it and release a beta test.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 03:26:10 pm »

I'M A MAC FANBOY hater
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 08:25:47 pm »

I have a couple of RL friends who are Mac guys who downloaded Steam the day it came out, and asked me when GES would be coming out. I hope Valve eventually gives us the Source code to do so, thanks for showing interest in coding it Lodle!
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 11:28:51 am »

Well, thanks Lodie. =P

I'm not a fan of Macs either trust me, but my GF has a macbook and no way to get a PC and I'd just like to be able to play GE:S with her and that's the only reason I'd care that it goes over to mac. (and because it opens the doors for more players of course.)
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 01:47:08 am »

I tried portal on my iMac, at fairly low settings it was playable, but since it was cheaper to buy a decent gaming machine and a mac than a mac with a decent gpu at the time I got mine; thats what I did. So I certainly have no reason to play games on the mac.

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 11:54:59 pm »

The GPU was the only part that was not good in the one I got. The CPU is faster, the screen displays colors much truer to life and has had less issues than the gaming one the time I have had them. I had pretty much quit using the Win machine for anything but games since I like the mac for everything. Though when I upgraded the gaming machine to a 40 inch TV for a monitor I started using it for online video too.

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 01:15:30 am »

I don't want this thread going in the wrong direction. Let's just agree that the quality of mac computers is incredibly high, while their capabilities/power is substantially lower. Not everyone needs a lot of power! Simple as that.

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 08:38:39 pm »

HL2 was recently released for mac so I'm assuming the SDK base was as well...
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 01:56:21 am »

It seems the release of the Source SDK for Mac isn't out yet and for each mod wanting to release an extra compiled version for Mac would be necessary. (which basically shouldn't be that much of a problem, I hope)

Quote from: alfred on 05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
We are working on a code update so you can compile your mods for OSX.

See the full thread here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15144290

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2010, 11:29:31 am »

I hope they'll be done with this soon, right now allmost every update is breaking something on the SDK.
Today Hammer wasn't working at all and i had to delete the .blob files and redownload the source sdk 2007 to get it working again.

Antoine

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 06:52:35 pm »

Does anyone have some news about GoldenEye: Source for Mac?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 07:05:41 pm »

ask valve

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2011, 06:37:38 pm »

GES won't be "Mac-Ready" any time soon. First of all I have no way to test it, I hate Apple and their products, secondly it is not even close to being a priority for the team.

Thanks for caring though :-/

I hate Apple, they want to empty your wallet.

http://quickblog.weisshart.info/how-to-fix-any-computer

check the apple part out lol!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up