Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Depot  (Read 20800 times)

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
Depot
« on: October 22, 2009, 12:58:26 am »

ok i have a few ideas for the Depot in a multiplayer format.

didnt feel like editing it to fit.

i added the green area

extended the platform from the weapons cache to the next building over

added catwalks from the turret area over (black rectangles)

added a tunnel system, dont know where they would go, but the tetris looking piece could be a room underground. black circles are manholes. the one manhole is inside an open box car

added ladders to a couple of buildings

shortened the area behind the building before the gate on the right and connected it to the walkway between the cache and the building before it

added a backdoor to that building before the cache

i had a great idea for the map... started to make it in hammer, found out i suck at mapping (partially because of patience) and decided i would put my ideas down to see if it took off somewhere else.

i also know that all areas of the map look very similar. if some graffiti were added here or there it could mark certain areas. the insides of the building are different all across so just minor details inside would be sufficient.

if anyone has any thought on improving this idea feel free. i would love to see this map in rotation.

hopefully this post will rekindle some inspiration in this map as it was my favorite.

thanks for the consideration and the re-creation of my favorite game!!!

keep up the good work

drukqaddik

<ows rules>
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 10:04:23 pm by drukqaddik »

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
Re: Depot
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 05:07:26 am »

You put a lot of thought into this Druk.  Depot was one of my favorites as well, and I think it would make an excellent multiplayer map.  The underground tunnels, ladders, and roof bridges are some nice additions.   I could imagine having a lot of fun on a map like this.  I just got HAMMER on my computer a few days ago...got some ideas floating around in my head for non-GE maps.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 03:13:42 pm »

Yea, I like some of those ideas, I will definitely put some thought into the ideas you gave! BTW, i saved the image you sent me on steam last night, good paint skills ;)

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 05:41:41 pm »

awesome! im glad you like it. i think adding the different height levels to the map takes away that linear feel, and also adds more ways to get here and there faster.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 07:55:02 pm »

Some rooftop klobb battles would be pretty epic. ;)

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 03:03:00 am »

awesome! im glad you like it. i think adding the different height levels to the map takes away that linear feel, and also adds more ways to get here and there faster.

I am sorry but this map is anything but linear! how ever it does add the vertical element.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 12:59:46 pm »

lol it takes away "some of" that linear feel

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 03:01:43 pm »

Depot isn't linear in the sense of only one path, it is linear in the sense that its almost the same from one area to the next. It is hard to tell which part of the map you are in (at least in the previous BETA versions). This limitation is overcome by making the different levels, but there still needs to be DISTINCT areas of the map.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 03:11:11 pm »

yes. thats y we/you (lol) need to add some sort of markings on the buildings as in graffiti or something of that nature. maybe make one of the buildings a slightly different color. could also put cameras on some buildings or something. or have the roof hang hang over and have the roofs diff colors.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 12:59:10 am »

oh alright yea, I understand what you are meaning, yea there will be set distinct areas.

jhawver

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jhawver has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 05:33:08 pm »

This thread got me excited.  Way tooooo excited!

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 04:10:37 am »

Hah, the maps from the GE007 strategy guide. ;)
I have that one.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 09:16:15 pm »

ya i couldnt remember the exact layout to draw it. but my editing wasnt too bad i dont think. and it gets the point across.

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 07:09:02 pm »

yes , yes i ever reply an ver old topic....
iv seen some picture and in a video in youtube, and the wiki say that SharpSh00tah has offered to remake the depot at a later date. Later date is 4 years......
No, No joke, whats really happpend to this map ? ( whats happend to all maps )
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 08:13:30 pm »

Believe it or not, maps take longer the a week to make. All maps are coming. Just take time when your working with this level of detail. As well as every map is tested to make sure it flows and doesn't suck.

So to answer. It's coming, just like all the maps. We can't just give a date, " hey, depot will be done sep.3rd, get ready" there usually is on average well over 60 changes to a map once it hits testing. So you don't ever know, but maps have a very detailed schedule to go through before the public sees them.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 08:19:26 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up