GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 05:37:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source Achievements  (Read 182574 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Beta 4 Achievements
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2009, 01:17:20 am »

I'm loving a lot of these achievement ideas... There's only one I really don't like in the approved achievments and that is
BOOM, HEADSHOT!!! .... please come up with a better name for it, it doesn't fit, it has nothing to do with bond and it's not very imaginative either, the icon isn't in league with the others too.

Some of the achievements are way way too demanding aswell...

100/500/750 kills with a specific weapon is a little ridiculous... mainly the leap between 100 and 500... especially considering people's progress on the achievements will be reset when a new version of the mod is released (correct me if I'm wrong).

100/250/500 would be more appropriate in my opinion.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2009, 01:31:21 am »

especially considering people's progress on the achievements will be reset when a new version of the mod is released (correct me if I'm wrong).

You are wrong.

We did 100/250/500 for Beta 3 and people got the 00 Agent achievement for most weapons within a couple weeks of playing. That was NOT the intention. We learn from our mistakes...

The idea is to get Agent relatively easily, and it takes SKILL and a CHALLENGE to get the higher levels.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2009, 02:13:15 am »

Fair enough then, a little justification was all I needed to hear.  :)

Well I've come up with a couple...

Precision Bombing
Criteria: Kill someone with a single shot from the Grenade Launcher at it's maximum range.

For Your Eyes Only
Criteria: Kill 50 people you can't see with bounced Grenade Launcher shots.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:26:15 am by Mangley »

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2009, 02:54:53 am »

Second one sort of premotes luck in the way that most of the time thats how youll be scoring towards it... however the name is really clever :P

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2009, 03:12:23 am »

I wouldn't say it promotes luck.. since we have the radar. I remember the good old days of shooting grenades through the gaps high up in the walls in temple between rooms to try and kill people.

Since it's the only indirect-fire weapon, I figure it's approrpriate.

Zwaken

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Zwaken has no influence.
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2009, 03:29:53 pm »

Sorry if something like this has been posted, I haven't had the time to read all the suggestions.

Luck Of The Wall
Criteria: Get a headshot kill with the Cougar Magnum through a wall.  (Progression: Agent - 5 / Secret - 10 / Double 0 - 20)
<Insert icon with a deck of cards face down, and one card to the side of the deck facing up with a picture of a wall on it here>

Target Practice
Criteria: Win a round in YOLT and win the marksmanship award (at least 4 kills, with at least 4 people playing)
<Insert icon with a target which has several bullets in the bullseye section with blood spatter>

Please comment!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 11:30:13 pm by Zwaken »

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2009, 08:26:59 pm »

That's My Little Octopussy
Criteria: Kill a camper (red dot) 25 times
Icon: PSD
Author: Jimbo

Hey KM, will the code be able to differentiate someone who is idling/afk from one who is actually active in-game (ie. camping armor/Cradle Tower & taking a few steps here and there)?  I don't want to see the achievement get cheapened by simple opportunistic afk kills.  :-\

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2009, 01:54:46 am »

The Writing's on the Wall
Criteria: Shoot down 60 mines.

Break a Leg
Criteria: Achieve 15 kills with leg hits only.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2009, 04:26:52 am »

Break a Leg
Criteria: Achieve 15 kills with leg hits only.

Rodney I love this one, whip up an icon real fast and it's in Beta 4.

@Jimbo:
Unfortunately differentiating AFK from camping is virtually impossible and full of false positives. We have an algorithm in place since Beta 3.0 that keeps track of your absolute movement over time and figures out if you are moving in a [very] small area or traveling the map and applies camping time. There is a significant fudge factor in play that prevents casual camping from being counted. Basically if you start turning red on the radar you are considered camping and are eligible to give someone some achievement points.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2009, 05:16:20 am »

Target Practice
Criteria: Win a round in YOLT with perfect accuracy (at least 4 kills)
Please comment!

LOVE IT anything that goes for accuracy is up in my book! and yolt would be the easiest. would have to be at least 4 players tho.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2009, 10:12:08 am »

Break a leg
PSD

PSD

PSD
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 10:46:09 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2009, 11:25:45 am »

I like #3 the most. Almost looks like its missing something, but don't know what... but I like it.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Zwaken

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Zwaken has no influence.
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2009, 12:42:46 pm »

LOVE IT anything that goes for accuracy is up in my book! and yolt would be the easiest. would have to be at least 4 players tho.

I'll edit in the 4 players thing.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2009, 02:19:59 pm »

I like #3 the most. Almost looks like its missing something, but don't know what... but I like it.

maybe a crutch ?

PSD
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:36:00 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2009, 05:46:47 pm »

maybe a crutch ?

PSD

LOL Cy, the crutch is exactly what i was thinking it was missing, but it should be on the other side of the leg, if i am not mistaken that is the left leg of the person

Target Practice should be:
Target Practice
Criteria: Win a round in YOLT and receive the Marksmanship Award (at least 4 kills, 4+ players)

We don't send direct accuracy to the clients, but the Marksmanship Award is directly correlated to accuracy and also considers hit groups.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Up