GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 05:33:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source Achievements  (Read 182569 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Beta 4 Achievements
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2009, 01:28:13 am »

great idea !
PSD

Fucking epic, its in!

Love the octopus one as well.

OK well thats all the achievements. Great job guys, seriously! If you come up with one or two more AWESOME ones they might make it in, otherwise this is final.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:31:13 am by killermonkey »

Wyll

« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2009, 08:30:57 am »

David vs Goliath
Criteria: Kill a Person who has full health while you have under 20% health
Icon:

Weapon of your choice
Criteria: Kill 2.000 enemies with your favourite weapon.
Icon:

No use for ammo
Criteria: Waste 100.000 Bullets (Only Bullets who doesn't hit an enemy are counted)
Icon:

I though about it.
A Achivement for what you should fail is strange XD
so i hat the idea to turn it the other way round and make it easier.

Icon for Headshot:

Icon for 004:

Enough Pics for today maybe i make some more tomorrow XD
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 11:15:09 am by Wyll »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2009, 12:57:31 pm »

Wyll thanks for the enthusiasm, but we have all the achievements we will need for Beta 4, we also have all the icons as well.

David vs Goliath is already an achievement in Beta 3.1 called Die Another Day.
The rest of your suggestions are either counter productive or not meaningful enough.

Generally we go for a name that is tied to the Bond universe. Also icons involving people from The Matrix definitely won't make it in.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2009, 08:50:13 pm »

Just a side note: the May Day icon should be in colour, not in black and white.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2009, 10:00:51 pm »

What KM meant:
look here if you want to prevent "inventing" an achievement already in existence.
This might save you some unnecessary work. Furthermore - as you might have noticed - you're free to contribute but it isn't said that everything posted will be used.
It's your decision if you want to try by providing an icon, but it's the devs' decision whether they'll be using it or not.
Anyway, suggestions are always appreciated. ;-)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:05:30 pm by coolDisguise »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2009, 12:40:21 pm »

wow what a great idea Hellbender

How about this for starters:

Earn 50% of the achievements gets you a bronze star to the left of your name in the round report, 75% of the achievements and you get a silver star, 100% gets you a gold star.

I will ponder this, maybe only do 75% and 90-100% (just in case one turns out to be impossible)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2009, 12:58:25 am »

I like this idea too. Especially the 75% and then the 90-100%. Although, personally, I think it should be like 95%. 90% is kind of low. :) Or do 100 since all achievements should get tested before release. I plan on testing these achievements out to make sure that each one is possible for everyone to get, so if you need one persons promise, you got mine. :) I do like that idea though hellbender. :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:03:25 am by CCsaint10 [bklax23] »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2009, 02:27:27 am »

We will have roughly 75 achievements in Beta 4. You do the math :)

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2009, 07:45:31 pm »

We will have roughly 75 achievements in Beta 4. You do the math :)

ummm..ok. What math is there to be done? According to your statement above, (in case one turns out to be impossible) that would be 74/75 achivements which would give you a 98.6%......therefore...making it 95% should easily be good enough. According to the math, you can get 72/75 achievements and still get a 96%. So I think that the gold star, as said above, should be with about 95-96% completed achievements since that leaves you with 3 achievements that you haven't gotten while still getting the gold star. OR If you REALLY want to be technical KM, you could have it set for 98.6666666 or 98 3/4 of the achievements must be completed to get the gold star....since that leaves one that isn't completed aka 74/75. So, I am not sure what you were trying to show by your last post but setting a 95% limit is MORE THAN GENEROUS when getting the gold star. Personally, I would set it at 98 3/4 just because I am a dick like that and I like to see people suffer for these sorts of things....:D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:47:06 pm by CCsaint10 [bklax23] »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2009, 09:12:09 pm »

The percentage shown on that VGUI panel is done none-other than by Valve. We all know that they suck at math so whatever...

And before you suggest, NO I cannot change it.

CCSaint, thanks, you did exactly what I wanted you to do, the math :) 95% it is!

CCsaint10

« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2009, 09:12:59 pm »

I am totally in agreement for picking a more badass icon. hmmmm..what is something signature goldeneye...I will have to think about this one.....

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2009, 09:22:54 pm »

pp7
silver pp7
gold pp7

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2009, 09:23:12 pm »

100% golden gun

CCsaint10

« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2009, 09:50:01 pm »

100% golden gun

Nice idea dude. Totally digging it. Now we will just have to slap the monkey real good to get him excited....

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2009, 10:48:57 pm »

COOL!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21   Go Up