GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 10:37:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source Achievements  (Read 182652 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Beta 4 Achievements
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2009, 06:12:57 pm »

Here is my take on a boom headshot icon, crits?

It's simple, but it conveys de idea. If Bond was pictured in profile, or a 3/4 shot, I think it would look way better, juts like the CS headshot icon (the head not facing you).

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2009, 06:29:58 pm »

Agreed. Considering the achievements name id say a nice little homage to CS is in order :P

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2009, 07:35:54 pm »

Will do 3/4 shot just like CS, I have to re-render him though not that big of a deal

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2009, 09:55:21 pm »

Km, are you going to consider doing the lock icon in the bottom corner that was talked about in another tread? or was it a shade of Grey? I don't remember..I think sharp suggested it for the achievements that weren't gotten yet.....

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2009, 02:13:24 am »

Gray shaded with a lock icon in the lower right corner was my final decision for those that are not yet achieved.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2009, 04:49:49 pm »

My take on the Man On The Moon achievement icon:

PSD

Any criticism is welcomed.

This one was pretty simple to make. I fortunately found a good picture of Moore in his Moonraker suit holding the laser (it's a drawing, actually) and I got a picture of the Moon. Cut both out of their backgrounds and fiddled a bit with the image colour (nothing very noticeable) then put one on top of the other. I usually do some bit of editing before I have a finished product but this one was done pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 04:56:47 pm by PPK »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2009, 05:26:30 pm »

@PPK: That icon is really looking good. :-)

I guess that's some special skill, finding two pictures, merging parts of them and still having the result looking that good although there wasn't that much time spent creating it (in comparison to your other stuff). :D

@km: I already liked how the achievements were displayed in Beta 3, I think a lock icon in the lower right corner would take away a bit of the GE: S feeling. (or you could as well say it's just because I don't like the idea of the lock icon present on the picture, which reminds me of the L4D achievement style, which I don't like either)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2009, 06:10:56 pm »

@PPK Great Icon !
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2009, 06:14:00 pm »

@km: I already liked how the achievements were displayed in Beta 3, I think a lock icon in the lower right corner would take away a bit of the GE: S feeling. (or you could as well say it's just because I don't like the idea of the lock icon present on the picture, which reminds me of the L4D achievement style, which I don't like either)

I know, I argued the same thing but the team has spoken. Although I have yet to actually implement it, so it may stay the same. Don't think this will be gaudy, its going to be a very tiny (25% size) lock icon to make it readily apparent when scrolling the list of achievements that you HAVE NOT achieved it.

We are going to have about 100 achievements in Beta 4 and having an easy way to distinguish your progress by the icon will start to become necessary especially since one-shot achievements (ones without progress bar) do not look ANY different with exception to the icon (cannot be changed thanks to achievement panel being locked away in Valve's personal VGUI code)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 06:15:51 pm by killermonkey »

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2009, 06:30:03 pm »

@PPK: That icon is really looking good. :-)

@PPK Great Icon !

Thanks for the feedback guys ;).

I made another one, but this time for the Through The Fire And Flames achievement:

PSD

Keeping it simple again since there was a scene in GoldenEye that I found suitable for the icon: when Bond and Natalya escape the train explosion, kind of like in the achievement's criteria...

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2009, 04:44:26 pm »

I like the idea, too much contrast. Remember this will be desaturated as well and there is too much detail going on in this icon that it might get muddled and very hard to discern what is going on when its grayscale.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2009, 09:49:29 pm »

I like the idea, too much contrast. Remember this will be desaturated as well and there is too much detail going on in this icon that it might get muddled and very hard to discern what is going on when its grayscale.

This is how it looks fully desaturated:

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2009, 10:00:01 pm »

I still think its one of the better icons... some icons I still don't know what they are.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2009, 12:04:53 am »

Works for me PPK, I am including it! Great job

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2009, 12:46:31 am »

yea PPK looks great man!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Up