GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 11:27:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: Singleplayer dance scene easter egg  (Read 7419 times)

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
Suggestion: Singleplayer dance scene easter egg
« on: September 23, 2009, 12:18:47 am »

I came up with it while listening to Goldeneye soundtrack songs: By beating every singleplayer mission on 00 Agent, you are rewarded by all of the GE:S playermodels/characters/etc. dancing, as a background to the credits.

I know it's not in GE, but it could be a pretty neat little addition. Go ahead and tear this idea to shreds.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Suggestion: Singleplayer dance scene easter egg
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 03:02:53 am »

Dance Party was already the credits easter egg in Deus Ex.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 12:45:18 pm »

This kind of things can eventually be done when everything else is finished completly.
Even then i would rather like to see something like Rare did in the GE64 intro, with the characters running, shooting their weapons or doing some other animations.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 02:36:24 pm »

This kind of things can eventually be done when everything else is finished completly.
Even then i would rather like to see something like Rare did in the GE64 intro, with the characters running, shooting their weapons or doing some other animations.
This should be done for beta4. Is it possible to jump to a 3D scene before showing the main menu?

This is how it should be done:
Source logo spinning around just like the Nintendo Logo. Then the GE:S model and then neat animations just like GE64. Then map based main menu, also in 3D (this means skipping the entire 2D main menu) a map that opens up and shows you the GE64 style main menu. do some neat animations/camerawork with 4 triangle style passport models (doesn't require a lot of work to model and animate and doesn't hurt when graphics setting are above min sys req. so you haev enough FPS to change the graphics settings)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 02:38:11 pm by V!NCENT »

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 06:51:04 pm »

This should be done for beta4. Is it possible to jump to a 3D scene before showing the main menu?

This is how it should be done:
Source logo spinning around just like the Nintendo Logo. Then the GE:S model and then neat animations just like GE64. Then map based main menu, also in 3D (this means skipping the entire 2D main menu) a map that opens up and shows you the GE64 style main menu. do some neat animations/camerawork with 4 triangle style passport models (doesn't require a lot of work to model and animate and doesn't hurt when graphics setting are above min sys req. so you haev enough FPS to change the graphics settings)
You just made my day.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 07:53:12 pm »

Interesting...
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: [1]   Go Up