GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 29, 2024, 09:26:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunker  (Read 19573 times)

TeRRoR.KhAoZ

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TeRRoR.KhAoZ is looked down upon.
Bunker
« on: September 03, 2009, 04:45:33 am »

I saw listed somewhere that Bunker is one of the maps included in Beta 3.... however I do not see it.  After reading around on the forums, it seems that its still a W.I.P.   This is fine and keep up the great work but I remember seeing screens of it in 2007.... is there any particular reason why one of the best levels on one of the best games ever hasn't been finished in 3 years?  Just curious...

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Bunker
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:56:57 am »

Bunker was started, but died very early.  A revised Bunker might happen, but most likely I'll finish my tool and get at least Bunker Classic prepared for 4.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 06:31:57 am »

I saw listed somewhere that Bunker is one of the maps included in Beta 3.... however I do not see it.  After reading around on the forums, it seems that its still a W.I.P.   This is fine and keep up the great work but I remember seeing screens of it in 2007.... is there any particular reason why one of the best levels on one of the best games ever hasn't been finished in 3 years?  Just curious...

I agree with you man, I would have loved to see bunker earlier..but you know..life happens and projects get pushed aside and so on. VCs Bunker classic, when it gets done, will be loved by all avid bunker fans. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 08:03:20 am »

The screenshots I have seen look promising, so I have no doubt that when all is said and done, it'll be, well, Bunker, but with a +10 awesome bonus.
(Neo Bunker'll likely be a +20.)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

TeRRoR.KhAoZ

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 01:33:52 am »

So the "Bunker Classic" that you're creating is an entirely new project.  What exactly happened to the other Bunker?  Was it never released or playable. 

Also, why was Bunker listed as a playable map for Beta 3?

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 10:59:30 am »

I had already played the classic Bunker in GoldenEye: Source BetA 2.
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 12:49:38 pm »

There was a third party map but it was on Beta 1.1h.
Beta 2 was never released as the team decided to change to orangebox engine and nearly everything had to be redone.

I also started a bunker map back in beta 1, but never finished it.
It wasn't on exact scale like it has to be for a _classic map and certain areas i'm not satisfied with.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 05:25:02 pm »

Yeah, I have a feeling it's going to be pretty tight, like Complex.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 03:57:08 am »

The map was started by another developer by the name of "Semedi". Life has gotten in the way for him, he has recently send his .vmf to me, and now I am finishing it off. The map has come a long way, however, school has recently started and it seems to be pretty time consuming! Anyways the map is in good hands, and like VC said, its going to be pretty tight.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

TeRRoR.KhAoZ

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 08:56:45 am »

So the third-party versions of Bunker are no longer playable at all?

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 12:52:42 pm »

They wouldn't be compatible with the new weapon system without significant editing.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 04:23:06 pm »

Actually it works, with minor exceptions like ladders in maps from beta 1.

Just pack all the 3rd-party models and textures into the bsp (Packrat) under the original mod version.

Open the file with an entity viewer like EntEd and edit all the weapon ammo & armor entities to match the new ones.

The hardest part is to put the right weapon/ammo slot number at the right entity.

Having a decompiled version of the map where you can check which entity is placed on which location will also help.

Another way, maybe the best one, would be to edit the decompiled file in Hammer under B3 setup, make your changes on the entities, backup the file you will use in Beta3 and run a entity only compile.

The rest is copy & past of ammo, armor, weapon & player entities from the updated version to the other one.

You're asking: why doing this last step and not just using the entity compile version?
Well, try it and you'll discover why.

TeRRoR.KhAoZ

• Agent
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 05:06:09 am »

Thanks for taking the time to explain how to do that kraid... but I think thats far too much work for a map that I'll be playing by myself, haha.  I think I'll just wait for Beta 4.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 09:17:32 am »

I wanted to do that kraid, but I'm not sure if Stinky would allow it or not...

kraid

• Game Artist
    • my Homepage
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 09:56:57 am »

^^Ask him.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up