GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 02:42:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scheduled playing times?  (Read 9242 times)

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TwiggyTwink has no influence.
Scheduled playing times?
« on: March 16, 2009, 02:38:29 pm »

Hi,

I've recently downloaded GoldenEye: Source (BETA 3), and I've had a really great time playing it. My problem, though, is finding a server that is regularly populated.

I've noticed that the "pop" times are really random. For instance, this past weekend, Saturday morning around 10am(CST) was dead but exactly 24 hours later, on Sunday 10am (CST), GE:S was a boogie!

Is anyone on here apart of a server/gaming community that has scheduled play times that wouldn't mind letting a "newcomer" join?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: Scheduled playing times?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 04:01:39 pm »

usually, if you join an empty server, it will be populated within 10 minits (at least for me). But IDK for some reason, people like me... can you believe it!?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 04:08:18 pm »

usually, if you join an empty server, it will be populated within 10 minutes (at least for me). But IDK for some reason, people like me... can you believe it!?

But yeah sometimes join a server and you'll get a good few people. That's what i do and it hasn't failed on me yet... but idk... i am a GE:S God..

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 04:13:14 pm »

LOL dont listen to Sp1nn3y... hes full of fail :P

I find theres usually a full 16 player LTK going on on classic maps.... so i usually rage at that for a bit and then join some server thats empty then horde weapons and armour and hope some fool joins before the round ends xD

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 04:52:32 pm »

great strategy kinky. but people are ALWAYS on. just join a server and wait about 10 mins. someone will follow. after you have 3 ppl theyll flood in.

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 05:55:53 pm »

Alrighty I'll do that...

Yay! That means I'll definitely be playing on a server without paintball! ;)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 07:35:50 pm »

I do all that you guys said here on the thread. If it's a clusterfuck on an LTK server for 16 men in Complex Classic, I pass and head out to a nicer server with no one there. People come after a while. One thing PrincessPeach: try to avoid servers with a high player count. It becomes very messy with many players on a server, even on larger maps. In my opinion, the best is 12 maximum, and that is on large maps, like Temple Classic or Control. The smaller the map is, the less players are recommended for a fluid gameplay. It's hard to "ideal" servers because the hosts are still learning and trying different combinations , but sometimes they appear. Just to say that what I said above is my opinion. I already got flamed once for expressing my opinion and then someone not sharing it so now I clearly state it's my opinion (even though when that happened it was on an opinionated thread).

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 08:15:45 pm »

I noticed also that you just said "beta 3" make sure you have beta 3.1.3 if you didn't get the patch. Also known as Beta 3.1 in steam. Low player counts could also be a cause of that. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 11:17:03 pm »

its 3.1.4

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 02:19:16 am »

Ughhhhhhh, does anyone know what servers have RTV and nominate off the top of their head?

Also... LOL @ PPK... yes, the LTK servers are always packed and cluster fucks.
Ha!

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 09:21:06 pm »

Ughhhhhhh, does anyone know what servers have RTV and nominate off the top of their head?

The WN servers did on Beta 1.1 as far as RTV. Dunno if they have it implemented on this version yet, but I know you can vote for the weapon set you want at the beginning of each match and also vote for the next map, near the end of each match.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 10:21:53 pm »

Speaking of servers. TLP (whoever they are im not sure tbo) seems to have failed at making sense. I'm not afraid to out their stupid choices and apparent neglect for creating a good server.

People will not join a "niche" mode server when it just allows other modes too! Update your configs...you dont just update the mod and port your old configs. Big notice to serverhosts, im seeing lots of inconsistencies that only contribute to the turning away of players.

*Locking this thread for 12 hours so people read this*
Pages: [1]   Go Up