GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 08:37:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?  (Read 153979 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2009, 07:50:56 pm »

-Moderating-
Don't make me break this up.

Meliadoul2k

• Pretty Gangsta Myself
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Meliadoul2k has no influence.
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2009, 07:59:03 pm »

Press shift. There you go, mate. If you can't play without crosshair, then draw one on your screen. This is for old times sake, 'cause GE007 did not have an on-screen crosshair.

Damn Ruone, you beat me to it, but I guess his keyboard doesn't have a shilft key...
GoldenEye 007 had auto-aim which compensated for lack of crosshair. Hip firing in this game is inaccurate and  and I can't ever tell where the hell I'm shooting. Also, the aim mode in GoldenEye 007 was better because the lines went deeper into the circle.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2009, 08:01:27 pm »

^^^ He is right you know.

ROCKETS ROCKETS ROCKETS ROCKETS ROCKETS ROCKETS ROCKETS ROCKETS ROCKETS

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2009, 08:18:57 pm »

-Moderating-
Don't make me break this up.

Sorry for veering off-topic. BTW, are you a moderator JcFerggy?

GoldenEye 007 had auto-aim which compensated for lack of crosshair. Hip firing in this game is inaccurate and  and I can't ever tell where the hell I'm shooting. Also, the aim mode in GoldenEye 007 was better because the lines went deeper into the circle.

Auto-aim may be added in a future release, but don't expect it to aim for the head; instead, I think it will aim for the characters' center of gravity as it did in the original.
The only thing I have to say about this is suck it up and get used to it. You are complaining about a feature of the original that has to be maintained. in the beginning I couldn't hit a truck even if it was standing next to me. Now I'm much better at aiming and I can score some headshots from a distance. That's the natural way of things; GE:S has its learning curve. Don't expect to play it for the first time and start owning everybody.

Meliadoul2k

• Pretty Gangsta Myself
  • Secret Agent
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2009, 08:25:35 pm »

Auto-aim may be added in a future release, but don't expect it to aim for the head; instead, I think it will aim for the characters' center of gravity as it did in the original.
The only thing I have to say about this is suck it up and get used to it. You are complaining about a feature of the original that has to be maintained. in the beginning I couldn't hit a truck even if it was standing next to me. Now I'm much better at aiming and I can score some headshots from a distance. That's the natural way of things; GE:S has its learning curve. Don't expect to play it for the first time and start owning everybody.
The controls were like that do to the N64's controller limitations. That is why it had auto-aim because it lacked two analog sticks for running and aiming. We're using a mouse and keyboard which is difficult enough to aim with plus the lack of both crosshair and auto-aim makes it impossible to accurately hip fire. When recreating a game you don't bring back its faults.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2009, 08:36:44 pm »

We're using a mouse and keyboard which is difficult enough to aim

I think this says it all.... keyboard and mouse are easily the easiest way to control an FPS... you just need to practice... i have to say even for an FPS whore like myself GES took some getting used to but i must say now im fully into it i find it very intuative and rewarding.

IMO it should stay how it is... if you cant handle the aiming then grab yourself some blutac but i really recommend you fully give it a chance.. just dont waste your bullets ;-)

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2009, 08:43:59 pm »

Autoaim is fun.

In Goldeneye 007, auto-aim aims for the player's weapon.  Which means it aims to miss, since if you shoot a player's weapon, they take zero damage, and become invulnerable.

You have a mouse, you do not need autoaim anymore. And you wouldn't want it if we had it since you'd only be doing limb damage all day.

"GoldenEye 007 had auto-aim which compensated for lack of crosshair."
You make it sound like they couldn't program a cropsshair as easily as an entity tracking system.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Meliadoul2k

• Pretty Gangsta Myself
  • Secret Agent
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2009, 08:48:29 pm »

I think this says it all.... keyboard and mouse are easily the easiest way to control an FPS... you just need to practice... i have to say even for an FPS whore like myself GES took some getting used to but i must say now im fully into it i find it very intuative and rewarding.

IMO it should stay how it is... if you cant handle the aiming then grab yourself some blutac but i really recommend you fully give it a chance.. just dont waste your bullets ;-)
You would think that it'd be easy but I have gittery hands and can't aim very well on PC games. GoldenEye: Source is by far the worst though, because the character models are so small and, like I stated before, lack a crosshair.

You make it sound like they couldn't program a cropsshair as easily as an entity tracking system.
They obviously had to go with one or another and they gave us their obvious choice. So the situation is: Have a Crosshair or Have Auto-Aim. This game has neither.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:57:12 pm by Meliadoul2k »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2009, 09:36:09 pm »

1. 006 Alec Trevelyan
2. Bond with a bow-tie
3. Natalya / Xena
4. Scaramanga
5. Bond variations of Connery / Moore /  Brosnan  / Craig
6. Dual Weapons
7. Improved MWTGG where you can get only points by shooting somebody with the golden gun
8. Improved muzzle flashes
9. Maybe some bond-movie posters or some famous stuff from the movies in one of the levels ( I think it helps creating a really nice bond-atmosphere)

Thanks a lot for your work guys :)

I also support this ideas:

1. the typical gunbarrel sequence at the beginning of the mod
2. the main menu with a different background ( maybe the cover of the goldeneye-movie !? )
3. more original sounds (doors, explosives)
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2009, 09:57:39 pm »

As of recent, Yes.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2009, 10:04:34 pm »

As of recent, Yes.

I went to check on the GES Team members section of the forum and saw your name there. Thanks anyway.

DarkMaster

« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2009, 03:15:37 am »

I don't think we are planning on using the original sounds, and if someone were to make a client side sound pack, they would most likely use a Emulator.
Oh, this is so sad  :'(

Why?

Oh, and, by the way, I also support the current aiming method. And if you don't want to press shift, just use the shotgun.

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2009, 03:57:54 am »

I don't think auto aim is ever needed in a PC game the mouse is far more accurate then any controller, not having auto aim or  crosshairs requires skill, achieving skill and constantly being pushed to improve it is what make a game great!

p.s. I don't mean to harp on ya but the correct term is 'center of mass'  ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:03:56 am by WatchMyTrace »

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2009, 06:05:49 am »

Hip firing in this game is inaccurate and  and I can't ever tell where the hell I'm shooting.

Sorta like in real life, no? In real life, if you fire from the hip, you don't know WHERE the fuck you are aiming at.. other than it's somewhere in front of you. :P No crosshair magically appears in your eyesight like a HUD, either. Also, don't expect it to be Accurate. That is what Aim mode is for.

I don't think the Systems GE64 had in place were flaws at all, but are little special things about how it plays, and one of the reasons why it was great; It doesn't play like your typical Run-N-Gun Multiplayer FPS. You had to use Strategy, you had to aim your shots in a particular way, Cover around corners was useful, and you had to plan on how you were going to take out your target... even though on very simple means.

People are expecting this to play like Crysis, Quake3, or Counterstrike.... that's not what this mod is about. This is a slower-paced Mod, with some very different gameplay that is trying to get as close to- and is integral to making feel like the original GoldenEye; While adding some Modern Touches.... But not massive Modern Gameplay Changes, because that would just ruin it.

I think one of the reasons some people are put off, is in Populated Servers, it just becomes some chaotic Killfest, completely distracting them from realizing that technically the mod is pretty damn close To real GoldenEye Gameplay. I've played in some 4-player servers, and I actually feel like I am playing GoldenEye, it just Feels Right.. well.. almost, there are still some things left to do. Like Rolling Explosions, GE64's Free-Aim Mode, and whatnot.

EDIT: Remember, if your keyboard doesn't have the Shift Key(Which I highly doubt), you can bind aim mode to another key. Make use of Aim Mode if you want to make accurate shots.. that's what Aim Mode is for.

I'm done... over and out.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 06:44:04 am by StrikerMan780 »

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2009, 07:38:25 am »

jungle map
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29   Go Up