GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 10:32:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?  (Read 153992 times)

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2009, 08:40:29 am »

Oh, as far as weapons go, don't forget:

- Watch Laser
- Forehead tank shells.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2009, 08:49:52 am »

Yes the slappers part is possible, but whether we would want to change that is something we would have to test. Most of the melee weapons need some final refining.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2009, 10:24:36 am »

- Watch Laser
- Forehead tank shells.

Emphasis on the forehead tank shells. The death screen could use a bit more fluidity, as StrikerMan780 already mentioned. His take on the slappers is a good one aswell. It makes slapping easier.

I already made a thread asking about the main menu, and got the same answer: hard coded and no way to change it whit little work. But if you change the backgorund to look like a top-secret folder, I'd be happy!

ElEcTr0d00d

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ElEcTr0d00d has no influence.
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2009, 07:32:24 pm »

i really love the beta3 so far,but still i have some critics that could be fixed:

-Ourumov(looks kinda crappy without his hat)

-Bond(doesn't really look like Pierce Brosnan, he looks more like a usual office worker^^)

-the sound "glitch" when you shoot a weapon and reload just after the shot comes out of the barrel...the gun sound just cuts off(this is just a little thing i noticed)

-it happens often to me that it starts lagging pretty bad, when i go into a ventilation shaft... i don't know why this is happening...its like something would push me back all the time.

-the weapons are all ok, and so on, but sometimes the hit detection is still a joke, even if you "aim down sights"

-add more lights in the levels, some levels are so dark that you can barely see anything

-yea and maybe add a few more maps ;D

-oh yea, everybody(devs and gamers) the last thing, make more internet blogs, ads etc. to make the mod far more popular and famous than it is right now

cheers

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2009, 08:29:46 pm »

i really love the beta3 so far,but still i have some critics that could be fixed:

-Ourumov(looks kinda crappy without his hat)

-Bond(doesn't really look like Pierce Brosnan, he looks more like a usual office worker^^)

-the sound "glitch" when you shoot a weapon and reload just after the shot comes out of the barrel...the gun sound just cuts off(this is just a little thing i noticed)

-it happens often to me that it starts lagging pretty bad, when i go into a ventilation shaft... i don't know why this is happening...its like something would push me back all the time.

-oh yea, everybody(devs and gamers) the last thing, make more internet blogs, ads etc. to make the mod far more popular and famous than it is right now

cheers

Ourumov does need a hat. Ourumov without a hat is not the same Ourumov we all know and love. And Bond actually looks like an office clerk, a bit like you said; doesn't look like the kind of man that would sleep with Xenia (man, I love that woman).
The shaft thing already happened in the previous versions, I guess.

To promote the mod, start spreading the word by yourself! In fact, I just got one of my Steam friends to download the mod! So, do like me, piss them off 'till they download it!  ;D ;D

ElEcTr0d00d

• Agent
  • ElEcTr0d00d has no influence.
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2009, 02:16:59 pm »

oh yea three more things...

-the typical, heavy sound when opening and shutting a door in goldeneye(this was a pretty funny thing all the time in goldeneye...you are supposed to be a secret agent and slam doors as hard as nobody else^^ )

-next thing...if you shoot a weapon in a dark room, theres no light effect of the shot...it would be awesome if u could add this feature

-Facility: you can't close the toilet doors on your own... they close automatically after 4 seconds I think, what is annoying at times, when you get chased and want to hide in a toilet...not that i'm a camper, but it was always awesome in N64 goldeneye if somebody hide in a toilet and you had to open up all the doors :D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:22:26 pm by ElEcTr0d00d »

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2009, 03:23:17 pm »

I want tracers in every bullet I fire.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2009, 04:33:18 pm »

I want tracers in every bullet I fire.
Why? As far as I know only silenced weapons are lacking of tracers, and that is supposed to add to the "silenced" aspect of it.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2009, 04:40:35 pm »

I agree with PPK tracers are needed unless you bring back the crosshairs.

DarkMaster

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2009, 05:19:03 pm »

I think there should be more sounds from the original game. For example, the mines explosion is just the barrel from HL2, which detracts a bit from the nostalgia experience. I don't remember the doors having the original sound either, but I could be wrong.

Firing the silenced PP7 and hearing the shot sound is ridiculously fun :D

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2009, 05:56:28 pm »

Why? As far as I know only silenced weapons are lacking of tracers, and that is supposed to add to the "silenced" aspect of it.

I guess there are tracers missing in some "unsilenced" weapons, or if they are there, they aren't always visible. It is a way to direct your fire more precisely and a must-have for newer players. On another note, a permanent crosshair could be added with an option to toggle it off, but some kind of penalty for those who use it ;D.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2009, 06:45:17 pm »

option to toggle it off, but some kind of penalty for those who use it ;D.

Blasphemy, this would turn into CS.. and we dont want that!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2009, 06:51:49 pm »

I guess there are tracers missing in some "unsilenced" weapons, or if they are there, they aren't always visible. It is a way to direct your fire more precisely and a must-have for newer players. On another note, a permanent crosshair could be added with an option to toggle it off, but some kind of penalty for those who use it ;D.

HAHA finally someone noticed! Silenced weapons HAVE NO TRACERS. It's to go with the silenced theme, its the advantage of having the gun, you can't tell where the shots are coming from (either by sound or sight). However, you lose the ability to aim easily without aim mode. We thought of everything!!

GE64 didn't have toggleable silencers, we will never have them again

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2009, 06:54:22 pm »

Hehe, but I said there was a penalty associated, like (much) less health or (severely) decreased mobility. Or you could just keep your shift key pressed all the time until you paralyze your finger from numbness. And turning this to CS would be hell...

EDIT: saw your post killermonkey.
Silent killer type, that is. It is more into the "silenced" reality (as a note, they are actually supressors ad weapons don't do that PEW PEW sound when fired, they just don't sound like weapons with the supressor on and the muzzle flash is virtually canceled). Will there be an achievement related to this?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:00:10 pm by PPK »

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2009, 10:10:54 pm »

I agree with PPK tracers are needed unless you bring back the crosshairs.
hit shift and the cross hairs will come back hehe.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29   Go Up