GoldenEye: Source Forums

• June 29, 2024, 04:22:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 81111  (Read 23443 times)

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
Re: VC's Laboratory 81111
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 01:06:40 pm »

Bishop ? Sorry i do understand the sentimental reason behind the name but the name bishop and sex toy seem to go in hand. Maybe its just me but i can see it know. ~ UnknownPain killed by bishop. Don't dig that at all.

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 08:03:43 pm »

Bishop ? Sorry i do understand the sentimental reason behind the name but the name bishop and sex toy seem to go in hand. Maybe its just me but i can see it know. ~ UnknownPain killed by bishop. Don't dig that at all.

....o......k. That makes no sense at all. At least not to me.

I don't see what's wrong with the Name. Hmm... "Bishop SR-A1"... Sounds good. IIRC, 007: The World is Not Enough for the N64 or Nightfire for the GameCube referred to a weapon as "Bishop". And I don't see anyone here referring to sex toys here, other than yourself, so unless a lot of people have perverted minds on a every-millisecond basis, I don't see the problem.

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 08:07:49 pm »

"sex toy seem to go in hand."   Unknown just TMI'd all over the place. :D

"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 08:53:57 pm »

I don't know any of the structures or functions associated with Source games; but I'm inferring it's a linear slider. You fire, the cone jumps to a max value and then shrinks down linearly over t seconds.

If so that's plenty.  I shouldn't even need access to that t in the script.

You are right is a linear ramp UP, but its a discontinuity down (set to zero after a timeframe expires) which is fine because that means you stopped firing and you start from no loss again.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 10:32:40 pm »

That sounds sufficient for my needs. I haven't done super-cereal testing on the ups and downs but there is a clear distinction between tapping single bullets and holding the trigger on half of the arsenel.  A short attack ramp (around two or three ROF periods) and some way to prevent the reset until the trigger is released and a cool-down period elapses should cover the bases.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 07:51:56 pm »

Small news brief:

We're trying to deal with the way the acuraccy degrades on most Goldeneye weapons as you fire rapidly.  KM suggested recycling an Orange Box function, but I tried it out and it stinks terribly.  I've psudeocoded a suggestion that should be much truer to Goldeneye and not screw up (after all, I code better than Valve codes :D), but KM is occupied and may not have time to look into it until Wednesday night, and I'm booked pretty tightly on Thursday, so I may not get back into scripting until Friday.

Dotmister

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 11:38:12 pm »

When mouse1 is put down you changed a clientside variable to true and set the [insert time frames used in source engine here] time, then in the game loop you checked every time to see if it's still true, and hasn't changed since last time (just incase someone has REALLY quick hands / lag) then you multiply the value by 1.05/1.07. This way as you hold it down for longer the accuracy degrades. The factor of multiplication may need to be different for every

Of course this should take into account all the other factors that is currently in place, but just a basic idea.

This should decrease accurace more and more as you hold it down. If the game loop is not scaled to be accurate for all clients, implement it into the same section as movement so it behaves the same on clients with more/less powerful processors

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 02:19:34 am »

KM has entered the code as I coded it and it works wonderfully.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up