GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 09:25:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not showing in games list...  (Read 9657 times)

RAD6774

Not showing in games list...
« on: July 04, 2008, 04:26:58 am »

Hey, I have fully installed the game but it's not showing up on my games list in steam, I'm not sure why and was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how it's fixed.
-Thanks

EDIT
Figured I should add in that ... yes I have restarted steam and yes I have the Source stuff.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:28:50 am by RAD6774 »

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Not showing in games list...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 05:58:40 am »

But trying to resettle goldeneye source. We never know! :)
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 11:37:32 am »

Hey, I have fully installed the game but it's not showing up on my games list in steam
Version of the game you try to install?? beta 1.0 or 1.1?

yes I have restarted steam and yes I have the Source stuff.
Are you sure you completely closed steam and not just minimized it onto the taskbar? "The source stuff?" What did you installed? Source SDK, Source SDK Base, or Source SDK base Orange box?

Also, check your sourcemod folder. Open either gesource or gesbeta1_1. Is there a file called gameinfo.txt in those folders?

RAD6774

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 06:13:35 pm »

I installed 1.0 then installed 1.1 cause thats what it said to do... and yeah I have completely closed/reopened steam (even restarted computer) and I have Halflife 2 and other source games installed (nothing from orange box) ... so I assume that would contain the "Source SDK Base". oh and yep gameinfo.txt is there.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 10:55:48 pm »

Is it in your source mods folder in the steamapps folder.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 11:59:21 pm »

I don't believe Source SDK base is installed when you install HL2, go to the "tools" tab, and make sure it's installed there. The only other problem could be if you installed to the wrong directory.
Is it in your source mods folder in the steamapps folder.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 12:07:50 am »

The only other problem could be if you installed to the wrong directory.
That too. Even if the source sdk base isn't installed, the game shows up in the game list.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 03:15:11 am »

What source games do you own? As if you got hl2dm with the free offers it doesnt include the sdk or sdk base and thus cant run it.

RAD6774

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 06:26:16 pm »

Alright I have got it working ... I had other source games installed but my full version of half life 2 was installed.. just on a different steam account on the computer o_0 .... I just figured with the other source games the Source SDK base would still be there and all but I guess not. So i just went ahead and bought the game again and its works now.  *bonk*
Thanks a lot for the help guys .. look forward to playing the game.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 07:30:47 pm »

:)

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;
Pages: [1]   Go Up