GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 02:19:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lack of Updates  (Read 13938 times)

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
Re: Lack of Updates
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 09:12:08 pm »

Can you ballpark a difficulty rating for the first?

its not really hard, so much as its time consuming. it sure beats trying to bug hunt a dirty build though, and it'll give us more tools for effects in future builds. we don't really know exactly how long it will take, it depends on testing, and how much time our coders have. if we were in an office setting, and we had our guys coming in every day for 9 hours, i could give you a schedule of when we would expect things finished, but because we don't have that, its sort of when its finished haha. but thats working in mods so yea we are used to that.were stabilizing our current build, and trying to get out as many big bugs as possible so we have less to hunt down after the switch over.
up side is, this whole process is not an extremely difficult task, and it allows us to get a really organized play test setup that lets us build off of a completely stable foundation.  which is of course great news for you guys, because you'll get a really solid build with hopefully very few bugs.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up