GoldenEye: Source Forums

• June 16, 2024, 03:06:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling All Android Owners!  (Read 8289 times)

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
Re: Calling All Android Owners!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 05:40:41 am »

* you must have a mac to use the SDK  (or emulate blah blah blah)
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 11:00:52 am »

1st : You can download IphoneSDK as an torrent i am sure.
2nd: quite everybody has a jailbraken iphone. Just uploading the file anywhere.

Both of these statements are utterly useless. You don't pay for the actual content in the SDK (although it may seem that way). You pay for the "privilege" to develop for Apple (note that the cost is $99/year), that includes having an account for the market system. Also, relying on the fact that SOME people have a jailbroken phone is not the way to do business either, you reach 1% of your potential market.

In contrast, Android gives up their SDK for free, including source code for the OS itself! I payed $25 ONE TIME FEE to setup a market account and they DO NOT take a cut of my app sales. Apple takes 30% of every sale you make on their market.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 10:14:13 pm »

Heh, it's not like they don't already have enough money with their hideously overpriced iPads, iPhones, and laptops. Greedy jerks.

I've got both an iPhone and the Android running Motorola Backflip and could help test products for either. The Backflip has a penchant for breaking 99% of apps too since you have to contend with its dual touch pads and rotating screen.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 02:14:40 am »

BTW guys, I released my first app last week with my friend from Michigan.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.droidmonkey.moveblue

You are welcome to download it of course, let me know what you think.

PS... it's utterly useless unless you go to the University of Michigan, hehe.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 02:48:21 am »

PS... it's utterly useless unless you go to the University of Michigan, hehe.

Give me an hour and a half and I could be there! Are you still working on any other apps right now? I just saw this thread thanks to your bump.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 03:02:05 am »

Oh man this is awesome because I visit U of M a lot, I just wish I had an Android phone so I could actually make use of it...
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 04:23:47 am »

Installed just to buff downloads haha.

Side note, app is pretty amazing, I sat for like 10 mins just watching the virtual buses, and trying to break it (In my defence I was in the bathroom). Very good job, can't wait to see more apps.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:53:28 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up