GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:07:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [ISSUE] Leaving game breaks SDK  (Read 11313 times)

big iron

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • big iron has no influence.
[ISSUE] Leaving game breaks SDK
« on: September 04, 2018, 01:07:43 am »

I enjoy Goldeneye: Source a lot, but I seem to have a problem. Whenever I close out of the game, Steam still registers Source SDK Base 2007 as "Running" even though it isn't, and due to this problem, I am not able to play any other Source game until I restart my computer. This can also cause some other problems, such as randomly registering a game as uninstalled.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: [ISSUE] Leaving game breaks SDK
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 03:25:36 am »

Hello, welcome to the boards! You can fix this by opening your task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), going to processes, and closing hl2.exe. No need to restart your computer. It may not be a permanent fix but hope this helps!

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 07:55:03 am »

Create a text file on your desktop with the following line...

taskkill /F /IM hl2.exe

Now rename it "KillHL2.bat"... Or whatever name you wish to call it, as long as it has the .bat extension.
Now double click this to close Goldeneye Source (hl2.exe). Saves you going into processes.
Also, you could do what I have done and place this somewhere else, I have this bat file in my Goldeneye Source folder, you can create a shortcut for the desktop, then go to properties for the shortcut and change icon to Half Life 2 icon, saves you having that ugly batch icon on your desktop.

big iron

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 11:20:36 pm »

Hello, welcome to the boards! You can fix this by opening your task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), going to processes, and closing hl2.exe. No need to restart your computer. It may not be a permanent fix but hope this helps!
This solution has worked! Thanks.

big iron

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 11:32:49 pm »

Create a text file on your desktop with the following line...

taskkill /F /IM hl2.exe

Now rename it "KillHL2.bat"... Or whatever name you wish to call it, as long as it has the .bat extension.
Now double click this to close Goldeneye Source (hl2.exe). Saves you going into processes.
Also, you could do what I have done and place this somewhere else, I have this bat file in my Goldeneye Source folder, you can create a shortcut for the desktop, then go to properties for the shortcut and change icon to Half Life 2 icon, saves you having that ugly batch icon on your desktop.
Your solution has also worked. Thank you both.
Pages: [1]   Go Up