GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 07, 2024, 06:00:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GES v4.2.3 Features -- What do you want?  (Read 44075 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES v4.2.3 Features -- What do you want?
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2013, 09:36:40 am »

I have noticed when experimenting myself with bots that their paths are not very strict, but then you wouldn't want them to run around like they are rails, however, I think the paths for doorways and tight spaces need to be stricter.

builderkid107

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • builderkid107 has no influence.
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2013, 10:21:52 pm »

The menu being the folders :D

Pictures from MobyGames.com

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2013, 12:34:33 am »

Yeah i always wanted to have the folders as a menu but i think it doesnt matter now the V4.2.1 menu looks rather nice :-)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2013, 01:59:12 am »

Most of the limitations from the UI are due to Valve not letting us play with the UI code to make anything much cooler than the default Source menus. (Something KM could elaborate more on)
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Game_Master001

• Agent
  • Game_Master001 has no influence.
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2013, 09:16:20 pm »

My suggestion has some holes in it (like: what will the first winner be able to do? Nothing? Run around and possible affect the game negatively due to either being underpowered and an easy target, or overpowered and stopping everyone, depending on the weapon he'll get?), but:

GunGame.

It would be nice if the game didn't immediately end as soon as 1 player won. It'd be nice if the other players could still brawl it out for 2nd place, 3d place and such.

---

Also, it'd be nice if you had some more controls over weaponsets and such for bot-play. It's really easy modifying files (just simple text), but it becomes quite a hassle if you constantly have to shift files around if you're going back to online. It's also prone to errors (having to be really careful what you type, and often having to look something up), would be nice if there was a simple UI for that.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2013, 09:56:51 pm »

That doesn't make sense for any Gamemode, you get second and third by virtue of not winning first! You don't get to keep competing, this is not Mario kart :-P

As for the weapon files, you don't have to change them when connecting online, the server doesn't care what your local files have to say. A GUI would be nice but complete overkill. These files are not that difficult to get a hang on.

zappieroth132

• Agent
  • zappieroth132 has no influence.
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2013, 01:33:09 pm »

well if been playing like a few hours now but i noticed there is some glitch when u exit the game the program keeps active for some reason and i cant find it in my browser with active applications

idk were the source of this problem lays but i would be greatfull to see it be fixed.

(also would be awesome if characters like ojjob could throw their hat)

o and also if u are able and want to add one of the most awesome bond maps:

phoenix base(nightfire)
and or
silo(also nightfire)

i would be so thankfull u dont even know
have been playing bond games and i loved all of em beside blood stone and the look a likes of that one
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:23:08 pm by zappieroth132 »

Yes! I am Invincible!

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2013, 07:40:30 pm »

Most of the limitations from the UI are due to Valve not letting us play with the UI code to make anything much cooler than the default Source menus. (Something KM could elaborate more on)
But can't you like make the UI menu links invisible, have a menu screen backround and make the links larger matching the folders on the backround? that's the best i can think of. OR make GE:S on CS:GO Engine XD just kidding.....or am i?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:42:25 pm by Yes! I am Invincible! »

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2013, 08:04:39 am »

But can't you like make the UI menu links invisible, have a menu screen backround and make the links larger matching the folders on the backround? that's the best i can think of. OR make GE:S on CS:GO Engine XD just kidding.....or am i?

I think it would make more sense to build onto the current code using Python, basically overriding the current menus for something more custom, but whether that's possible or not i'm not sure.

Conmore

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Conmore has no influence.
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2013, 10:46:35 pm »

Make Ges on CS:GO engine :D

It already is.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2013, 12:13:32 am »

i was wondering are we getting any new maps for V4.2.3?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2013, 01:03:26 am »

@Conmore: not exactly wrong but also not entirely right.
While CS:GO is still running on the source engine, it's using a newer incarnation of it with some new features (like cascaded shadow mapping) added and lots of changes made in areas the player never will notice directly (e.g. code optimisation - or in case of valve, lets say code changes).
GES runs on source 2007, while there's also a source 2009 and even the Alien Swarm SDK (could be called source 2011 i think) available.

The truth is, there are far to few new features the newer versions of the engine offer to justify a change to that new version.

Conmore

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Conmore has no influence.
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2013, 01:30:43 am »

I was talking to a friend about it, and he said he used to play the game with low gravity and grappling hooks, so having those accessible in the  Create Server menu would be nice.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2013, 07:50:45 am »

I want to be able to show more than 6 lines in a popup message.  4.1 allowed me to show the complete Arsenal in one window.  For 4.2, I had to display the list in multiples of 6.  I do not like this because a player is unable to view the complete Arsenal at a time.  This causes problems because the player may have to go through more than one window if he wants to know where a certain weapon is (if it's not in the first pop up), if he wants to know what the final weapon is, or if he's on level 15 and wants to know what level 16 is (he would have to go through the first and the second pop ups).  What you need to do is allow x amount of lines in a popup message (maybe 20).  If someone appends a string and tries to push more than that, hide the first pop up message, show another one with the same title, and create automatic pagination. :)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/arsenalhd.jpg/

Once you've done that, implement this for 4.2.3's Arsenal. ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:02:36 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2013, 02:27:30 pm »

There is a reason the pop out window is limited in size. It is not intended to be used for a lot of information. It is for quick status updates to the player. I will not be changing that functionality.

You could be a little smarter about the command used to show the desired information.

Such as: !weapons 12 to 18

That would spit out the weapon set for the end weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up