GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 29, 2024, 04:45:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Wield  (Read 12386 times)

babsy119

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • babsy119 has no influence.
Dual Wield
« on: August 13, 2012, 01:02:04 pm »

Hey all will their be Dual Wield guns like their was on N64 version? Keep up the great work :D P.S Low gravity on Cradle, LTK with Moonraker Arena weapon set is awesome :D

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Dual Wield
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 03:56:03 pm »

We get this request very often...

It's definitely a possibility. Though we have to point out that Dual Wielding was not actually a part of the multiplayer in GoldenEye 64.

Arguably it wouldn't really add much to the gameplay, what dual wielding essentially does is allow you to fire twice as quickly which doesn't really change combat much, due to our invulnerability system.

If we were to implement it we'd want it to be done properly which would take quite a large amount of time. GoldenEye 64's dual wielding actually had a lot of depth as you could combine different weapons, for instance being able to wield a shotgun with a grenade launcher, and I think to do that justice we'd want to extend the same functionality to GE:S.

The problem then is that this feature would become very dominant, and could actually mess up our currently refined gameplay and balancing. So if we were ever to do it in multiplayer I think we'd have to probably have to limit dual wielding to single-handed weapons like the klobb, dd44, cougar magnum, zmg, etc...

In any case it is definitely on the table for consideration, but will require a lot of development time to do properly and may not actually contribute much to the gameplay, with a risk of actually detracting from it.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 07:34:48 pm »

Am I missing something here? Why would you add something there was not even in the game in the first place????? There is normally NO dual wield in multiplayer in the released version of the game. God get that through your thick skulls.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 01:25:43 am »

Am I missing something here? Why would you add something there was not even in the game in the first place????? There is normally NO dual wield in multiplayer in the released version of the game. God get that through your thick skulls.

i can see why people would want it- personally im indifferent about it- if its there awesome if its not meh its not important

and to answer your question- "Why would you add something that was not in the game in the first place"

there is always ways to improve something- bots werent in the original n64 game (they were in TWINE 64 but thats another story) and the bots are one of the best things about GES especially for those who cant play online. just because something wasnt in the original doesnt mean we cant add new content to help evolve the gameplay into something which classic fans and newcomers can enjoy..

well thats my 2 cents atleast
Pages: [1]   Go Up