GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 28, 2024, 10:42:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4  (Read 57858 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2012, 07:00:59 am »

thanks for your replies.
PPK: I think that having three traps may be a bit overkill. One that actually kills you (immediately or if you don't think fast - activate a mechanism to get out of it) and other two that just damage you would be better, I think, along with the escape door.
my original intention behind the doors lies in the fact, that the player should normally be dead after he has fallen off the bridge. but if he survives the damage he has one little chance left to rescue himself, so he has to choose his path wisely, otherwise he´s doomed. but it´s not a bad idea that one door should only cause damage. I will try some variations in the future test.

Rick Astley: The Third image looks great with the area- it would be cool to hear some sort of street noises- like a police car in the background...just to add to the atomsphere....
for this area I would prefer a jazzy version of the "man with the golden gun" theme, just like in the movie. but I don´t know if this ever happens.

the sixth image...i agree we do need another shooting range- i wonder if there is a way that players could press a button and the cardboard cutouts pop up...could also aid players in causing a distraction...especially on gamemodes like Live and Let Die or LTK
I could easily do that, good idea.

the eleventh image looks good- i love the new layout of the womens bathroom but the image of the woman pointing just doesnt suit it...besides the woman pointing slightly reminds me of Nicholas Cage's Y'dont say face.
haha, never thought about that nicolas cage thing. but I LOVE this picture of the retro 50`s lady, pointing to the women´s toilet and telling the female players where to go. she looks so funny, innocent, pure and stupid. next to this woman there will also be a business man pointing in the other direction. :-)

the last image of the Work in Progress with the dark woodern bridge visually looks amazing but realistically it doesnt suit it...what if you tried to use the invisible bridge version from early versions if not what about the older version of the bridge with the gold coins?
no, I don´t want to go back to the invisible bridge, because this map has to be fantastical, but also realistic. so the wooden bridge is a good solution I suppose. the invisible bridge wasfunny (and unique), but also a bit exaggerated. the bridge is not the problem. I don´t know exactly what to do with the walls of this room. I thought about a giant golden gun, a giant scaramanga face, a giant pyramide, a sea of coins, a sea of blood. nothing seems to fit.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:08:53 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2012, 10:50:06 am »

the last image of the Work in Progress with the dark woodern bridge visually looks amazing but realistically it doesnt suit it...what if you tried to use the invisible bridge version from early versions if not what about the older version of the bridge with the gold coins?

no, I don´t want to go back to the invisible bridge, because this map has to be fantastical, but also realistic. so the wooden bridge is a good solution I suppose. the invisible bridge wasfunny (and unique), but also a bit exaggerated. the bridge is not the problem. I don´t know exactly what to do with the walls of this room. I thought about a giant golden gun, a giant scaramanga face, a giant pyramide, a sea of coins, a sea of blood. nothing seems to fit.

hmmm here is another idea what about a glass bridge- like remember the community map: glass version of Cradle so i was thinking why not have that suspened above either:

A Swirling Vortex of DOOM!!!!...well players materalise in the room which there is only 1 deathtrap
A Lake of fog of DEATH!!!...well players appear in the room
A Image of A Scary (Eg: Clown, Scaramanga,  Michael Rosenberg, skelton) with its both open so players fall into its mouth and appear in the room.

well its an idea after all?

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2012, 11:00:29 am »

the walls i have a couple of ideas:

How about as a refrence to the shinning or the simpsons tree house of horror episode-  have blood smeared messages of (eg: GET OUT!!! KILL!!!!) and appearence of Hands and well other words...hehe maybe you could have Noodles Love Deborah written on the wall...

Another idea is using concept art from the goldeneye source team and place them on the wall

another idea is having images of Eyes looking at players...see L4d2's Haunted Manshion campagin

maybe redwood gothic feel?

liamcadhain

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2012, 12:33:40 pm »

I don't really have any suggestions on how to improve the map further but I just want to say that it's looking fantastic Cy. Well done with it!

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2012, 11:05:27 am »

@Rick Astley: I remember that treehouse of horror episode (and of course noodles and deborah), but I think a wall full of scary phrases wouldn´t fit with the atmosphere of the map. I don´t want it to be a horror setting, it´s more about illusion combined with this retro feeling. your fog idea sounds better, though I want the people to see the pit under the bridge and not a wall of fog. I could also delete the wooden bridge and create a room full of fog...mhhh..fog is also a thing I haven´t tried out much, so I still have to learn to control it. maybe a little labyrinth combined with the fog? hmmmmmmmm
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:08:30 am by The Cy »

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2012, 03:59:08 pm »

Fog might kill frame rate for those with a crap CPU.

terps4life90

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2012, 08:32:19 pm »

Fog might kill frame rate for those with a crap CPU.
LOL proxie I thought you were troy. You fooled me.

Rick Astley

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2012, 10:56:42 am »

@Rick Astley: I remember that treehouse of horror episode (and of course noodles and deborah), but I think a wall full of scary phrases wouldn´t fit with the atmosphere of the map. I don´t want it to be a horror setting, it´s more about illusion combined with this retro feeling. your fog idea sounds better, though I want the people to see the pit under the bridge and not a wall of fog. I could also delete the wooden bridge and create a room full of fog...mhhh..fog is also a thing I haven´t tried out much, so I still have to learn to control it. maybe a little labyrinth combined with the fog? hmmmmmmmm

hmm another idea i had remember playing Spider-man 2 on Xbox/Ps2? there was a level in it where you are in Mysterios Funhouse of Doom and everything was turned upside down...what if you had upside down paintings or mirrors something odd idk just trying to help

the fog idea could work but i like the bridge what if you had the fog underneath the bridge?
the labyrithe idea might be good but you already have the bit with the mirrors in the dark and such....

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2012, 11:48:05 am »

hmm another idea i had remember playing Spider-man 2 on Xbox/Ps2? there was a level in it where you are in Mysterios Funhouse of Doom and everything was turned upside down...what if you had upside down paintings or mirrors something odd idk just trying to help

i´ve already turned the storage room behind the cinema bar upside down, so I don´t want to have another one. I´ll try some things out soon. and after a first test with some people I will surely be wiser.

terps4life90

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2012, 02:47:17 pm »

Hey Cy, the map is looking great! If you need any testers I am available.

Rick Astley

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2012, 01:01:59 pm »

another suggestion is that maybe you make the wall of the pit area- the wall of fame in which we can have Cartictures of all the goldeneye source teams in DK Mode...ok maybe not

i would love to test your map  Cy if you ever need any testers :)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2012, 04:03:50 pm »

another suggestion is that maybe you make the wall of the pit area- the wall of fame in which we can have Cartictures of all the goldeneye source teams in DK Mode...ok maybe not

ah no, maybe not ;) wouldn´t fit with the tone of the map. the testing sessions start soon (need the music before), but I would like to have some beta testers in it at first. for the second test elected players can join the test as well I think.

terps4life90

« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2012, 12:19:12 am »

Hey Cy, I would like to help tester. Even though I am not a beta tester, I know what to look for. The map looks really good.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2012, 05:42:02 am »

He needs you to make the map's music Roger.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

terps4life90

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2012, 06:42:03 pm »

He needs you to make the map's music Roger.

It is almost ready Troy :). I made 2 versions of it. One is upbeat w/full orchestrations and the all is a funky piano styled theme.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up