GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 16, 2024, 10:23:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4  (Read 58043 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2012, 03:58:14 pm »

I guess you just made a joke.

If not, i'm absolutely against it.

For several reasons:
1. This guy is looking for attention, doing a bot of him would give him this.
2. You would use "his content" again, even if it's just his stupid voice saying lot of BS.
3. And most important: i don't wanna hear this stupid stuff when i play GES.

But the general idea of speaking bots i like.

haha, don´t worry, it was a joke. but I think he´s truly entertaining in his anger. everytime I see this I laugh my ass off.

the rest of your post is really interesting. I only wish we had a scaramanga model. troy could create gamemodes likes this I guess.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:05:34 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

terps4life90

« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2012, 12:26:30 pm »

I guess that idiot armoured-fury doesn't understand when you give consent to a game company or a team rather that once you give them your work and say "oh you guys can use this" that they can use it whenever on whatever they want, even if you get kicked off the Goldeneye Source team...what a dunce.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2012, 02:27:32 pm »

I like the idea of this chump being a bot, simply because I would get to shoot him over and over again.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2012, 04:27:31 pm »

dear players, here´s the story:
it was a normal day in the funhouse. scaramanga was killed by james bond years ago. his grave was placed in the control room

his house was empty since then, only old memories spooked in the rooms.

I was on my way to toilet, but suddenly I heard a noise from somehwere. I zipped up and thought: what the hell...?

then a shadow scurried around the golden doors..it seemed like

dear god, BOTS have entered the funhouse! it was ROBOT VALENTIN, created to waste my life!

now he was everywhere! I had to kill him...him and his fat family!

I followed his fat trace and I discovered he lived in the women´s toilet in order to spread his damn powder, this maniac!

I had to hunt him down like a pig

and then I slaughtered him in the cinema lounge

but it was too late: he already told his sick BOT friends that the drinks in the funhouse were for free. I screamed: damn you all to hell!

I castrated their balls of steel

I erased their face

but then: three new valentins..and a dancing mishkin! that was enough for me...

...I had to grab the big weapons and I started to smoke out the rats!

but then some fucker came along and gave me a bullet. I was injured and lay on the dirty carpet. I heard him laughin, then he ran away. some important things came to my mind...

...my best friend...

...an old joke...

...my favourite bottle of wine...

...and a beautiful lady.

but I survived the mean assassination and rest in the hospital now. and I hope you´ll spread this little story and take your chance to fight against the bots in the funhouse...SOON!

thank you for your patience
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:34:39 pm by The Cy »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2012, 04:36:23 pm »

WOW! Is all I gotta say, Man, I remember the first version and look at this and I'm so amazed at the progress you've made and what this map has became.
*Raises hat*

liamcadhain

« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2012, 04:52:11 pm »

Nice update Cy. Loving the narrative as well

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2012, 08:17:17 am »

thanks :-D I can see the end of the tunnel now. its very cool to see bots running around in your own map and I can tell you one thing: now its much easier for me to get a feeling for the flow and the spawning points. and some things just won´t work with bots. the funhouse has a lot of interactive gimmickries, so I have to come to a compromise.
after 4.2 release I´ll post another test version for the beta testers and a few chosen people. then I fix possible issues, so that it´s stable for the community. and I´m sure there will be an future event which features the new funhouse, maybe a month after 4.2 release, who knows.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:26:59 am by The Cy »

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2012, 08:33:25 am »

I kind of wish you would leave the guillotine and the cage traps since they were fun to use.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2012, 08:39:39 am »

Cate Archer? I guess this is now my favourite map.

Great screens, as always. Some areas look a bit dark though (I'm not talking about the corridors with the black walls).

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2012, 02:41:11 pm »

@Troy: the guillotine -no, too useless. but probably a new cage in the black and white area.

@PPK: thanks. and yes, the map is rather dark, because in the movie it´s also a dark, unknown, mysterious place to be. but that goes not for every area, like the training room, the cinema toilet rooms and the storage room.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2012, 03:26:04 pm »

the map is rather dark, because in the movie it´s also a dark, unknown, mysterious place to be. but that goes not for every area, like the training room, the cinema toilet rooms and the storage room.

I understand. I don't really mind the darkness, though. I just thought you'd also make your map brighter overall just like every other map in GES (well, the official ones, at least), are aiming for so the player torch is phased out eventually (I think I read about that somewhere).  It does force you to keep your eyes peeled for any shadows moving around and that is a nice challenge.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2012, 07:35:23 pm »

Much more awesome now. Lots of nice little details and jokes.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2012, 08:07:16 am »

thanks :-) there are tons of details in there. and good news all you happy people, I´m finally pleased with my black and white room. why? because I changed the design to make it more bot friendly. now there´s a raised platform in the center of the room and two small chequered bridges are connected with that platform. if you fall down you´re instantly dead and you don´t have the chance to choose the right door which possibly teleports you back to the top again. but of course you will have the opportunity to move the two bridges at the press of a button so that your enemies possibly tumble in the black abyss. here´s a screenshot:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:23:26 am by The Cy »

liamcadhain

« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2012, 03:36:49 pm »

if you fall down you´re instantly dead and you don´t have the chance to choose the right door which possibly teleports you back to the top again.

That's a shame, those doors sounded like a fun concept. Still though if it makes the map more bot friendly then I guess it's for the greater good. The room still looks nice though especially the checkered bridges. Keep up the good work man, hopefully not much longer to go now :-)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2012, 10:03:16 pm »

I thought of something that I liked in a previous version.  For your traps, before you could shoot the buttons and they would work.  I liked that before you wouldn't have to stand in front of them to get them to work.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up