GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 08:32:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE:Source doesn't start (hl2.exe has to be closed)  (Read 8316 times)

Jotsch

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jotsch has no influence.
GE:Source doesn't start (hl2.exe has to be closed)
« on: May 09, 2011, 02:16:29 pm »

Hi together,

first of all my system:

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 2,17gHz @3,0gHz
4gb Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4750 512mb with newest driver & DirectX 9.29 (heard that I need DirectX 9)

I just can't get the game to start. I can watch the start movie (Valve) and then the GE:Source main menu background picture, but after a few seconds I get a black screen, game closes and says that hl2.exe has to be closed. I tested out "-novid" in the launch options, didn't help. Source SDK 06 & 07 are installed and a source based game also. I followed the installing instructions (Run the exe, restart steam, start game). I installed it as an administrator, too - but didn't help. Maybe somebody of you have an idea :(

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: GE:Source doesn't start (hl2.exe has to be closed)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 05:29:19 pm »

Make sure you got source sdk base 2007 installed (and run it at least once).

Find it in the steam games library under tools.
If it's not listed at all, not even in grey (stuff you're able to install), then you possibly don't own a purchased source game. Free stuff like the HL2:DM offer for owners of ATI or nVidea cards won't work.

In case you don't own a purchased source engine game, the cheapest solution would be purchasing HL2:DM (somewhat about 4-5 $), or if you know someone who preordered Portal 2 but allready had Portal, you could ask him to gift you his 2nd copy.

Jotsch

• 00 Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:48:20 pm »

I have Half Life 2 & Counter Strike: Source, downloaded SDK Base 06 & 07. I started Base 07, but again it won't run.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »

Try deleting your GESource folder from the Sourcemods folder and reinstall the mod from scratch.

DirectX 9 with Windows 7? Unusual... I mean the game runs on DX9 but you're supposed to have DX11 installed. I have DX11 installed and the game runs just fine.

Also the start movie is not supposed to be Valve, If you see Valve's clip, Then something is wrong.

Jotsch

• 00 Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 06:00:00 pm »

I don't think that directx is the problem, because Half Life 2 runs

Edit: To the start of installation it says: "copy failed", but continued installing, extract: gesource etc.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:03:29 pm by Jotsch »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 06:16:11 pm »

For DirectX, I was just saying you should have DX11 installed.

Maybe your installer is corrupted, What is the exact size (In bytes) of your installer? Or else, Just download it again, Unless you have... Can't help much more than that.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 06:23:17 pm »

Edit: To the start of installation it says: "copy failed", but continued installing, extract: gesource etc.

Gee george I wonder why my game doesn't work, BORK BORK BORK!

Download the installer again, your download is corrupted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up