GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 29, 2024, 03:13:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green dot ingame (no death pixel)  (Read 3776 times)

FurtiveAffaire

Green dot ingame (no death pixel)
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:40:38 am »

When I play in game some times there's a green dot on the screen. When I press the Escape button the green dot disappears, can somebody fix this bug? It's annoying when it pop-ups while playing.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Green dot ingame (no death pixel)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:51:01 am »

Is there any more specific information you can give? Where abouts on the screen does it appear? Can you provide a screenshot? How large is it (pixels)?

The only thing I can think of is a graphical glitch that happens to the radar if you minimize/alt-tab whilst playing, but this fixes itself after a round ends.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

terps4life90

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 07:30:07 pm »

I know exactly what your talking bout, i have seen it before on my screen, i think it means someone is hacking because when i play games online and i hack a color pixel shows up somewhere on the screen, i know it sounds weird but the reason it does that is because it is messing up the game whether is be wall hacking, speed hacking etc....

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 09:52:21 pm »

...when i play games online and i hack a color pixel shows up...
Hacking is bad, mmkay? ¬_¬
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 10:29:22 pm »

So you're saying your monitor is running while playing? Where's the challenge in that?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 11:56:48 pm »

So you're saying your monitor is running while playing? Where's the challenge in that?

I am sorry, but what is this "monitor" that you speak of?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

terps4life90

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 01:18:23 am »

I hate hacking as well, but i have a friend who is basically a nerd when it comes to computers lol i asked him what it was because i was curious one day and i knew i was hacking, he told me it was because of the hacking, it apparently does something to the game components causing the coloured pixel to appear, just go play minespweepr once , download cheat engine 5.6 or the newest one, set your desktop background to black, enable the speed hack and u will notice a pixel.

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 01:50:07 am »

I've had this happen. Usually, if you accidentally hit Alt+Tab, it'll do that.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 02:50:10 am »

I am sorry, but what is this "monitor" that you speak of?

I was asking the same thing when I first saw one. It seems there are people hooking something that looks like a framed mirror up to their computers using something they call graphics cards. They look at these all the time. I guess it's something like a hardware cheating device after all. Can't you detect people using them and keep them from playing GE: S?

terps4life90

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 04:10:07 am »

I hope you realize I was refering humorously to Jeron about that 'monitor' thingy. >.>

As for hacks I doubt the devs will implement something, because most stuff already gets caught by VAC and it's always a race between the development of hacking tools and anti-hacking tools. It would be nothing but a distraction keeping them from expanding the mod. I believe people who are cheating don't have that much fun anyway and will become bored very soon, because there's basically no point in it.

terps4life90

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 04:40:53 am »

I hope the VAC takes care of most of it, i know, i play for fun and sometimes competitive with certain players, that's the only true way to play Goldeneye :) lol.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 05:55:46 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up