GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 03:56:58 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should we allow dualies for weapons like the DD44, Klobb, and DK5?

Yes, but ONLY in the singleplayer campaign.
- 3 (8.1%)
Yes, but only in multiplayer.
- 2 (5.4%)
Yes, singleplayer and multiplayer!
- 29 (78.4%)
No.
- 2 (5.4%)
I've never played GoldenEye 64, I don't know what it's like...
- 0 (0%)
Did GE 64 actually have dualies?!??
- 0 (0%)
Other (post below)
- 1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dualies?  (Read 14685 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Dualies?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 07:49:38 pm »

Yes there were a few instances in singleplayer without cheats where you had illogical combinations of weapons.

The ones that spring to my mind are Jaws' dual AR33's that you can pick up and Xenia's Grenade launcher + RCP90 combo.

Aside from that if I recall correctly the only common dual weapons were the DD44, Klobb, PP7 Silenced, ZMG, Phantom, D5K, and Moonraker. Correct me if I'm wrong...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 07:51:41 pm by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

czarofthefrozentundra

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • czarofthefrozentundra has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 10:10:09 pm »

As far as I know (and I just found this thread when wondering about dual-wield options for GES, and saw that this question was unanswered; I realize I am resurrecting an old post), as long as you had dual-wield for some weapons, you could make any combination with the other weapons you had.  I recall spending quite some time trying to get the weapons right.  I played a lot of singleplayer, and although it was difficult to do, I got good at it after a while.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 10:23:11 pm »

Yes but with our mod dualing is basically having to do animation for EVERY left hand weapon on top of the ones we have now.

Certainly, regardless of the theory of implementation, the act of doing it is a 6 month project across a few departments. So we will not say yes or no, based on that knowledge.

Zeos

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 04:11:39 am »

Yeah, it does seem like a ton of work, but we'll get it eventually, right, RIGHT?

Ah whatever, it's your decision guys, we hardly have an effect on it.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 04:50:10 am »

I think the only way Duals should work would be to pick up the same weapon from two different spawn points. That way it would prevent having like dual Golden Gun since no regular weapon set would have 2 in the same load out.

The basic though would it would be a console command to enable it, but I think it would be more practical to have its own Gameplay. The idea behind this is that GE007's multiplayer never had duals, so we should not make it a key gameplay point. I don't want to join a server to see duals everywhere.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 06:06:42 am »

The idea behind this is that GE007's multiplayer never had duals, so we should not make it a key gameplay point. I don't want to join a server to see duals everywhere.

QFT. I am really against duals in multiplay. It screws up the whole dynamic. It may sound cool and look cool, but in reality it isn't cool unless you have dual rocket/grenade launchers in which case is pure ownage.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 09:16:34 am »

Not to mention it being a huge hurdle to actually achieve and, make it work correctly. We're not ruling out dualies, it's just that we are trying to figure out the best way to do it,  from a code and gameplay stand point to art side as well, or to just leave them out.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 11:11:24 am »

maybe you should start with dual pistols only. I don´t think that dual granade launchers and rocket launchers are good ideas. they would ruin the gameplay..and it´s just weird
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:39:09 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Al Capwn

• Agent
  • Al Capwn has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 12:52:18 pm »

Pardon my ignorance as I have very little experience in game-programming, but couldn't you just treat a dual weapon the same as a normal one (same rate of fire, ballistics, etc.) but just give it double the clip size and separate models/animations? I know the biggest part of it already would be the models and animations but Sean said from a code standpoint so I was just curious as to what else you had to think about?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 01:05:52 pm »

Knowing KM regardless of how difficult it is he could probably code it in an hour. The models and animations are nearly impossible due to the fact that we don't have the source files for a majority of the weapons models, and chances are we wouldn't be able to mirror the animations exactly and therefore it would look strange when the weapon was fired.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 04:27:10 pm »

Another main reason that Duals would not work as good in multiplayer is that in singleplayer, the guards did not have the hit delay that regular players have. this way every shot that was fired counted towards damage. In multiplayer, your first shot is counted, wait a second or so, then another shot is counted. You would be wasting twice the number of bullets and the chances that you run out of ammo goes up, thus proving that Duals do not help much, but rather are just a visual "Lol I has 2 weapons XD".

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 05:13:15 pm »

Wow I am the only 1 that voted no!

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 05:22:06 pm »

I am all for dual wielding klobbs. You get twice the chance of hitting something at a twice as fast reduced firing time (twice the bullits and timed invulnarability) as a penalty.

Also you could hit more people when there are a bunch of players in front of you. This would be nice for the Soviet and the Deutche, but useless for the AR33.

Dual third person rocket launcher animations... Fsck yeah! xD PArty hardy at cradle! ;D

PS: Oh and if you can fire with both hands individualy (left and right mouse button) then you could fire one gun empty and reload it while you are firing with the other one.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:25:46 pm by V!NCENT »

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 07:54:54 pm »

Don't have majority of the source models? Whhat... I know I have all of mine, which is pretty much all of the weapons.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 08:06:30 pm »

View and world with their animation files and .smds? If so, put them on the SVN and I will love you forever (not that I already don't).
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up