GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 28, 2024, 09:27:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Film Music Practice  (Read 3671 times)

jjmusicnotes

Film Music Practice
« on: July 25, 2009, 12:42:19 am »

Alright, so, I've done a few projects for computer games, and it's kinda trickled me into film a little bit. I thought I would start exploring the genre of film composition, and decided to start off with a movie very dear to me - Sleepy Hollow.

I started off by doing a main title theme, and a brief introduction. When I first wrote this, I was stuck on the action-y part with the carriage (which is why it's stopped there,) but I've got ideas now, so hopefully I'll be able to continue and finish the 6 minute clip I have.

It was also my very first attempt at mastering, so if anyone has any experience in this field, all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please let me know what you think!

**note**

The crackling and popping is from the video somehow, I've checked my audio over, and it's definitely not coming from the audio.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Film Music Practice
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 04:56:33 am »

It seems like a lot of "action" is happening before minute 1:50 but the music is still very relaxed, I think a lot more tension is needed to really underscore the emotions in this beginning sequence

jjmusicnotes

Re: Film Music Practice
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:18:18 am »

That's a great thought, I'll definitely see if i can work on that - thanks for watching!
Pages: [1]   Go Up