GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 03:36:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Depot?  (Read 11872 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Depot?
« on: January 22, 2009, 08:37:09 pm »

Hey guys,

Just had a simple question. I was watching a trailer for beta 1 a couple days ago and noticed that Depot was in there.....it looked almost completely done back then and I was curious what happened to it? Did it just die or is someone still making it? If so, are you guys thinking about releasing it in beta 4 or something?

Thanks

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
Re: Depot?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:43:52 pm »

Developer that was working on it got busy with real life stuff and we tested it a lot and it was just missing something. It was a nice map to play on but on multiplayer it had some flow issues. It is still in mind but has been put on the backburner until after the next release, but the actual release date of the map is still unknown. But like you said the layout was basically done it was just modifying it to work with multiplayer which takes a lot of time and testing. Runway is a perfect example of what goes into making a single player map multi-player.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 09:04:30 pm »

Runway is a perfect example of what goes into making a single player map multi-player.

Runway is also a perfect example of how long it takes to make a single-player map work on multi-player. I can't give a perfect timeline of how long runway has taken, as I'm sure sharpshooter can fill me in on, but it has been in development for quite some time now.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 08:34:03 pm »

You know guys, that is really awesome that you are doing that. You guys are so professional and actually take the time to think out the level designs to make them very enjoyable. I really admire a team that does that. I am assuming that bunker is in beta 3 right? or is it undergoing multiplayer modification to make it better?

Also....I saw in the gameplay footage of beta3 that you guys were on stack...but was that library or just stack? Is that confirmed to be released in beta 3 also?

What about classic maps? Have you guys made any more classic maps since facility classic or library_Classic?

Also how is temple coming along? I haven't heard much about that in a while but i thought there was a couple screen shots somewhere...maybe I am mistaken. I know there was a temple classic in the beta 1 video...but I was wondering if you guys are going to make another one that isn't a classic version.

Sorry to drill you guys with all these questions...just unsure about them. Thanks.

P.S. I am also assuming that all the maps that will be in beta 3 are going to be in the updates. Is that correct? If so, I guess I can just wait to see if Temple, bunker, and all the rest I named above are in there. :)

Thank team for being so dedicated to this project. I am so excited. OMG this is long..I should stop typing..:)

P.P.S - smileys kick butt on the new forum layout. :):):)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:36:39 pm by bklax23 »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 09:00:53 pm »

I haven't seen Bunker in a long time.

Library.

None that I have seen.

I think it's in a holding pattern.  The Classic is about.

Not sorry enough. But we'll make you sorry. Go cut me a switch.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 09:05:40 pm »

I don't understand like 99.9% of what you posted VC. Was that even English? lol
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

CCsaint10

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 09:57:56 pm »

..ok..I am confused...he must have done an insanely fast post lol. Can someone clarify or can you edit your post man? lol

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 10:02:45 pm »

Read your post so you know the questions you asked to which I provided answers.

And take less caffiene, it's wrecking your attention span.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 12:22:59 am »

Runway is also a perfect example of how long it takes to make a single-player map work on multi-player. I can't give a perfect timeline of how long runway has taken, as I'm sure sharpshooter can fill me in on, but it has been in development for quite some time now.

Too long!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

CCsaint10

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 01:53:46 am »

ummm....
Read your post so you know the questions you asked to which I provided answers.

And take less caffiene, it's wrecking your attention span.

VC...I read it and it still doesn't really make sense...especially when you said "the classic is about"....about what???? I know you get sick of answering fan questions...but if you are going to make the effort to type..at least make it so you don't have to type anymore by making it understandable. :) Then people like me can leave you guys alone. lol

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 01:56:47 am »

About is an adjective in that sentence, not a preposition.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
    • My Site
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 02:23:42 am »

You know guys, that is really awesome that you are doing that. You guys are so professional and actually take the time to think out the level designs to make them very enjoyable. I really admire a team that does that. I am assuming that bunker is in beta 3 right? or is it undergoing multiplayer modification to make it better?

Also....I saw in the gameplay footage of beta3 that you guys were on stack...but was that library or just stack? Is that confirmed to be released in beta 3 also?

What about classic maps? Have you guys made any more classic maps since facility classic or library_Classic?

Also how is temple coming along? I haven't heard much about that in a while but i thought there was a couple screen shots somewhere...maybe I am mistaken. I know there was a temple classic in the beta 1 video...but I was wondering if you guys are going to make another one that isn't a classic version.

Sorry to drill you guys with all these questions...just unsure about them. Thanks.

P.S. I am also assuming that all the maps that will be in beta 3 are going to be in the updates. Is that correct? If so, I guess I can just wait to see if Temple, bunker, and all the rest I named above are in there. :)

Thank team for being so dedicated to this project. I am so excited. OMG this is long..I should stop typing..:)

P.P.S - smileys kick butt on the new forum layout. :):):)

Right now the only classic maps made are Library, facility, temple, and complex. We would like to do classic versions of more but that is just content and we need to get most of the game elements in before we focus on adding a lot of content.

In the gameplay footage that was Library Classic.

Temple is still being worked on by loafie but his pc recently crashed due to a processor or motherboard problem.

As far as I know bunker and depot are both being made by semedi (bunker was co-labbed with fonfa but that was an older version) and neither of them are set to be released in the next release. The upcoming release will have caves, facility, egyptian, temple classic, facility classic, library classic, complex, complex classic, cradle, basement classic, archives, runway, and control.

There are many unannounced maps being worked on that have been fun to see the progress on them and to test the revisions of them. I will not make any map announcements here on what is to come in the following releases.

But we will announce more information of what is in the upcoming release when the time comes.
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 02:26:20 am »

Thank you for beating me to the post

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 02:30:34 am »

Thank you for that information, Ryan. If I may ask, when you say Facility does that include Facility Backzone or will that not make it into Beta 3?

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
    • My Site
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 02:34:13 am »

Facility means just facility.  And just a little update I just found out facility classic may or may not be in the release due to semedi's absence.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up