GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 25, 2024, 06:50:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple questions about Beta 3.  (Read 5113 times)

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
A couple questions about Beta 3.
« on: December 29, 2008, 08:29:45 pm »

Since it uses the Orange Box Source engine, does that mean it will be harder to run? My friend can run all Source games, but not any Orange Box game. Will he have trouble running this?

Will all the third party maps still work or will they have to modify them to work with Beta 3?

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
Re: A couple questions about Beta 3.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:22:59 pm »

Weren't the features added to Episode 2 and stuff able to be turned off?
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 09:26:09 pm »

I have tried running both TF2 and GES on Linux through Wine.  TF2 was in the 10~20 fps range. GES ran 120+ solidly, except for drops associated with Wine, not GES.  So performance-wise, I wouldn't be concerned.

Maps will need reworking certainly.  Unlike Alpha 1.1 which had hard spawns, and Beta omg.lol which had NULL pointers instead of weapon spawns, B3 has actual weapon spawnpoints that spawn weapons according to a weapon quality value from 1 to 7.  Thus, maps must be re-tooled to support the loadout system.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 02:05:40 am »

The main killer for performance for the orange box is shaders. TF2 has a new set of shaders and i think l4d does as well but ges doesnt use any of the new shaders and so performance should be the same as ep1.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 05:07:45 am »

I'm hyped to play with motion blur + flashlight shadows and still get 50+ FPS
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 09:31:57 am »

I dont think we have motion blur, i have it checked and it does not do anything. Theres no reason for it for Goldeneye games.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 10:18:33 am »

I dont think we have motion blur, i have it checked and it does not do anything. Theres no reason for it for Goldeneye games.

I think there is, but its really subtle. I have screenshots of a grenade going off and it will blur a portion of the screen, looks nice, and its not like portal where it kinda hurts the game.

(to turn off, think it takes a game restart)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 10:21:27 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 12:14:42 pm »

Jump of cradle and look down (or up), i would say that's enought motion blur.
It just depends on your velocity.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 04:18:08 pm »

Check the cvar, mat_motion_blur_orsomethinglikethat, it may be enabled but not on the options menu.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: [1]   Go Up