GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 05:49:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Will the scoring system be modified in any way for Beta 3?  (Read 18763 times)

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
Re: Will the scoring system be modified in any way for Beta 3?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 01:36:19 am »

I can only guess as to what "ranked" means. I usually play Halo PC, Quake 3, Quake 2, or older, so ..... I'm used to game by game basis.

There is actually a ranked site and system for GE:S? Interesting.
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 02:50:39 am »

It is most likely easier said than done, but why not just make a option for scoring?

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 04:02:21 am »

I meant as far as game by game basis goes, not gobal stats, or all time rankings. Thats something we might consider that in the future..
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 04:29:05 am »

I meant as far as game by game basis goes, not gobal stats, or all time rankings. Thats something we might consider that in the future..

IDK about that, please do NOT quote me on this... im gunna be quoted... anyways, KM said it takes alot of bullshit coding to get steam to accept the appid, anyways i took my time and created the script for him

Code: [Select]

SELECT
t.TABLE_SCHEMA AS `WTF`
 , t.TABLE_NAME AS `WTF=/=lol`
, ROUND(((s.lolerscateablility / IFNULL(t.Skeet_ROWS, 0.007)) * 100), 2) AS `sel lmfao% `

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 05:07:55 am »

OK, so ONE developer is saying game by game, and one developer is quoting code for the opposite.  ..... Is anyone in charge of this project? Can we have an ACTUAL ANSWER. Jesus. Is there any coordination in this project? Forgive my agressiveness I just got home from the bar, but for so many people bearing the "developer" title, you have A LOT of conflicting answers throughout this message board. You would think there would be some consistency?

PS: I'm not trying to attack you Sean or anyone, but there seems to be a lot of scattered shit on this board. What the fuck? Is there any... control on this project, and its PR?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 05:10:12 am by PeskySaurus »
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 05:32:05 am »

Easier fix to allow fair KDR ranking: When someone joins, their scored KDR is kills / (deaths + deaths of the most-deaths player when you joined).  That way, you can't be better-off than any of the original players when you enter the server.

Pesky: Cool your jets.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 06:28:37 am »

PeskySaurus you did exactly what Sharpshooter said not to do, to NOT quote him on what he posted. There is no conflicting information given, only misunderstandings, which is why I had to correct you in the first place. Sharpshooter was only following up on what I said at the end of my post, that Global Stats and Rankings might be something we would consider in the future, but as Sharpshooter said, it takes alot of code. For now, we are sticking with exactly what Killermonkey, Vashino, as well as myself, all originally posted -- Which is game by game, So there is your consistency for you.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 06:51:57 am »

SELECT
t.TABLE_SCHEMA AS `WTF`
 , t.TABLE_NAME AS `WTF=/=lol`
, ROUND(((s.lolerscateablility / IFNULL(t.Skeet_ROWS, 0.007)) * 100), 2) AS `sel lmfao% `

pesky, did you even read his "code". i don't even code and i doubt they are going to call something lolerscateability they would use roflcopterness instead. try not to be such an angry drunk haha.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 10:35:11 am »

sorry
sorry
and no.
i won't make a habit of posting here drunk, lol. i apologize

maybe i'm just stupid in understanding your answer, cause you guys weren't quite clear to me sober either... ? what ARE YOU DOING as far as points go is all? the guy asked about kill death ratio, and now we have a topic full of code and only now JUST explained "rounds" which, forgive me if im wrong, were never mentioned to the public before. if it was fuck me, but if not, you can't blame the public for not knowing what you guys are doing?

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 11:31:56 am »

OK, so ONE developer is saying game by game, and one developer is quoting code for the opposite.? ..... Is anyone in charge of this project? Can we have an ACTUAL ANSWER. Jesus. Is there any coordination in this project? Forgive my agressiveness I just got home from the bar, but for so many people bearing the "developer" title, you have A LOT of conflicting answers throughout this message board. You would think there would be some consistency?

PS: I'm not trying to attack you Sean or anyone, but there seems to be a lot of scattered shit on this board. What the fuck? Is there any... control on this project, and its PR?

dude, welcome to the last 3 years hahahaha.

also, are you saying we can't blame the public for getting mad at something they don't know we're doing? because i dont think they can't not get mad at something we arn't maybe not implementing.

srsly
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:38:32 am by Loafie, Hero of Dreams »
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 05:03:06 pm »

wow my post caused a commotion... okay I am a dick, but I'll let that one slide for now.

What I meant to say in more words is that BETA 3 implements a round based gameplay methodology (although it can easily be disabled by servers by setting the round time = map time. Anyway, say you join in a server with 10 minutes left on the map clock out of 20 minutes. So you are 10 minutes behind the other players. Well with 5 minute rounds, you have essentially a clean slate to mop up the noobs in the server. Your base scores get reset every round, so kills = deaths = 0. The more rounds you win in a map the more your total rank FOR THAT MAP will go up (this is not yet implemented, but soon will be). Your map stats get reset when the map changes. Now, for teamplay you don't have individual stats, you have team stats. Your team score will continually increase when your team wins more kills. Team scores are unaffected by deaths/suicides.

What it boils down to is you can still do round based awesomeness against other players because of the scores resetting, and next map you can totally dominate because you earned the right to by playing longer.

1Rusky

• Secret Agent
  • 1Rusky has no influence.
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 09:29:14 pm »

I was wondering if in team play, will the winning team be displayed somehow? Highlighted or a popup or something.

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 12:22:32 am »

again, i apologize for being agressive, you guys are a talented fantastic team. i won't make a habit of coming here after the bar.

i guess i mistook your post as condescending, so i apologize

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 03:02:54 am »

I was wondering if in team play, will the winning team be displayed somehow? Highlighted or a popup or something.

What about 1 week and I will answer that question with ingame shots ;-)

Cloppy

• Took an arrow to the knee
  • Agent
  • Cloppy has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 03:47:53 am »

again, i apologize for being agressive, you guys are a talented fantastic team. i won't make a habit of coming here after the bar.

i guess i mistook your post as condescending, so i apologize

posting drunk is never a good thing

Ingame rank would be cool but would require centralized stats servers.

Something like CS use to have with servers having a stat website that just read kills and shots from the logs would be cool though. Psychostats was the name if i can remember correctly
I used to be a developer once then i took an arrow to the knee
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up