GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 27, 2024, 08:27:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few complaints.  (Read 4461 times)

darkjak

A few complaints.
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:03:52 am »

I'm afraid I have to complain a bit.

1) No crosshair.
The reason GE64 worked without a crosshair was the fact that the game used some quite powerful autoaim. You should either throw in autoaim, or make an autoaim feature, or at very least  make a toggle feature on the crosshairmode that allready exists.

2) Start with weapons.
One of the things that made Goldeneye 64 fun was the constant search for weapons, and that all weapons were used. The way it is now is that players get like five different guns at the beginning, each with huge ammounts of ammo, resulting in some players getting big advantages.

3) The list
The bad thing here is also that you have to go through the entire list of weapons. Make an immediate switch, like it was in the N64 classic.

nowhere

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nowhere has no influence.
    • Janus Syndicate
Re: A few complaints.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 01:14:35 pm »

1. You could disable autoaim in GE64 and anyone who was worth their weight at the game did so. Also, it's a lot easier to aim with a mouse than it is with the N64 controller even with autoaim on.

2. That's a server side script giving you weapons and ammo at the start, not the mod.

3. You can enable fast switch ingame, I believe it's in the keyboard part of the options.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 01:15:15 pm »

auto aim was an option on the n64. So even on the n64 it was possible to play whitout. If you need a crosshair, then try hl2dm or counter strike :P The lack of crosshair make this mod unique.

As for the weapons on spawn, I agree with you. But its only a bug fix. Try the beta 1.1 patch, there is no longer a loads of weaps on player spawn :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 04:24:20 pm by Doc.NO »

crazychicken

• Agent
  • crazychicken is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 02:56:28 pm »

binding the weapons to number keys would be useful as scrolling through them doesnt really work most of the time.

anyone who pld ge with autoaim on was a n00b :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up