Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Silo?  (Read 19783 times)

thedemon6661

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thedemon6661 has no influence.
Silo?
« on: August 22, 2007, 09:26:16 pm »

Hey, Will silo be created, because as a multilayer death match map, i don't think it will be very good, but what you could do instead is have a special gametype for silo only, the same as DF:BHD (delta force:black hawk down) where there are "psp's" or whatever you want to call them, set out along the level, and each team has to get to the spawn point of the opposite team, its just and idea but it sounds alright fun to me

(if you don't know what a psp is, its a spawn point separate from default set out through the levels, and each team can control them by touching it, if the other team touches it it belongs to them, this would make for a longer and tougher game =D The silo would be best for this because of its 1 way corridor route, and the corridors are quite thin so it would be difficult

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Silo?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:29:43 pm »

Basically DOD:Silo with GE:S materials, i love the idea from a game-mode perspective, but honestly the map should be revisioned for MP flow, so if that is the prevailing consensus, your proposal will not be possible on the official GE:S map ge_silo

Just a heads up. Dont get me wrong, i like the idea you put forth.

thedemon6661

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:52:03 pm »

Ah right, thats for liking it lol, but i see why it cant be done :)

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:48:14 pm »

Yeah, we plan to offer every single player map in the multiplayer mode of Goldeneye: Source. Obviously, some of them are very linear and were never designed for use in multiplayer. In those cases, we usually add aditional routes to improve the maps flow for multiplayer gameplay. I'm sure that will be the case with Silo.
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

WNxBIGBIRD

• Agent
  • WNxBIGBIRD has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 03:47:08 pm »

Yeah I agree with the fact that you need to improvise and redirect some of the level's paths in order to have a steadly flow. Otherwise you end up going around the whole level killing the same person in the same spot.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 02:03:17 am »

Yeah I agree with the fact that you need to improvise and redirect some of the level's paths in order to have a steadly flow. Otherwise you end up going around the whole level killing the same person in the same spot.

Yea, too: just play on facility_classic... Boring

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 07:00:12 am »

Yea, too: just play on facility_classic... Boring

Ouch! :'(
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

Janus

• Secret Agent
  • Janus has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 07:23:11 am »

Silo was by far my fave map on N64 GE

CrzChris4

• Agent
  • CrzChris4 has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 11:09:01 pm »

Silo was one of my favorites, but I'm waiting for Dam. I can't wait to hear Robertson's track for Dam.

Xanatos

• Colombian Decaffeinated Coffee Crystals
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Xanatos has no influence.
    • The Janus Syndicate
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 07:34:26 am »

really all you have to do to silo is make the the beginning, end, and middle connect and add some more alternate paths and you should be set, really. maybe a few more open areas where these new paths are. it would take some serious revamping other than just that to make it good for deathmatch and teamplay, but that's to be expected.

gametype ideas are great too, just aim for an idea that is suitable for all the maps.

thedemon6661

• Agent
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 11:30:50 am »

as a alernate route around the level, if anyone remem,bers the onld 64 goldeneye and he vent at the bottom of the silo? well i cant remember where i seen it but it was origonally used as a elevator their, now it could be revamped inot a set of stairs spanning around the outside of the level?

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 02:05:37 am »

Random thoughts on additional routes that could also would supliment original layout to remain unchanged.

Additional Vertical Movement
Since the original was four silos with a path that moved in a spiral fashion around it could make it a double/multi helix and not interfere with the original path. And/or the existing elevator could access the original floor, a bottom floor and the surface. (if elevator moves, and a floor on the bottom and a surface were created to allow access to all spirals)

This would probably only support a max of 4 spirals if kept original path and others were similar to it. Due to each silo being accessed on at least two levels fights between spirals would occur but could be difficult to collect weapons from opponents you kill. (Assuming spirals have limited access on middle floors)

Additional Horizontal Movement
Their were door sized exhaust vents on the floor of the silos (though the player did not originally be able to go to the floor of the silo) that could be used to make a bottom floor to move between the spiral paths and have elevator access. (styling cues of exhaust area could come from Aztec level) Have a surface level allowing access to each by jumping through the silo door from the surface. Periodic crossover points to other spirals scattered between levels.

Mercury

• Agent
  • Mercury is looked down upon.
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 02:42:54 am »

I think the old silo elevator from the beta should be reintroduced. It effectively connected the top and bottom levels.

(Despite all the misinformation on the net about where this elevator was located, it's really not a big mystery. It was located just to the right of the first door in the level. Notice the railing is missing at that location. The railing is also missing at the corresponding point on the top level. There is a picture on the back of the original game box that shows the elevator quite clearly, in that exact position.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Sporkfire has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 11:47:42 pm »

I'm mapping silo as of right now. Give more detail on this "elevator" though.

Mercury

• Agent
  • Mercury is looked down upon.
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 01:33:01 am »

Obviously I haven't seen it myself. There are only two glimpses (that I know of) of the elevator. One is the pic from the back of GE box I included. The other is this video, which is apparently from way back when GE was still being developed as an "on-rails" type game.

The elevator shaft itself was just made up of metal girders (or whatever they're called) on three sides with an X-inside-a-square pattern. The fourth side was simply the wall of the silo itself. I have no idea what the carriage looked like, but it was apprently open in the front (the side facing into the silo), and I suspect open on the left and right sides as well. I think it was basically a floor, maybe a ceiling, and the rest made of girders like the shaft. This would make any person travelling in the elevator fully exposed to weapons fire at all times.

The location was in the silo with the start point (silo 4-H4) and ran along the wall section with the weaker red lights. (Two sides in each silo have red lights, but one set is much brighter.)

At the bottom, this is right beside the very first door in the map. At the top, it's at the end of the semi-circular walkway, almost directly opposite the door.

That's about all I know about the elevator.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:35:06 am by Mercury »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up