GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 10:24:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to force re-download of custom maps?  (Read 7744 times)

matzo3

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • matzo3 has no influence.
How to force re-download of custom maps?
« on: February 10, 2014, 09:00:21 pm »

I'm on 4.2.4, if that helps any.

When I'm on ge_depot_day, several textures are missing, replaced with a pink and black checkerboard. Same with a couple of other custom maps, except only the weapon reflection texture is missing. How do I either make it download the missing pieces or just re-download the whole map, resources and all?

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: How to force re-download of custom maps?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 09:47:53 pm »

To answer your question, just delete the map from $SteamDir/SteamApps/sourcemods/gesource/maps, then rejoin a server running it. But that's not going to help here.

In the case of this map, it's more the mapper's fault for not including the custom assets used.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:46:25 pm by soupcan »

matzo3

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • matzo3 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 01:41:56 am »

In the case of this map, it's more the mapper's fault for not including the custom assets used.

Everyone else says it works just fine with no textures missing...

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 01:56:07 am »

I remember playing on the map and someone commenting about the boxes missing textures, while they looked normal to me. I think that might've been from me having the Facility Classic Full because the boxes looked the same on both maps, I do agree with the missing shine texture because I find that annoying on some maps. :P
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 02:05:40 am »

Everyone else says it works just fine with no textures missing...

Then they downloaded the assets elsewhere. I know 1138 has some materials download separately from the BSP for some maps, that's probably why. Examples include ge_facility_classic_full.

The missing "reflection texture" as you put it is just because the mapper forgot/didn't know to build the cubemaps.

These issues aren't because the BSP itself was corrupted, because if it were you'd get an error when connecting to a server running that map.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:10:54 am by soupcan »

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 05:30:05 pm »

Then they downloaded the assets elsewhere. I know 1138 has some materials download separately from the BSP for some maps, that's probably why. Examples include ge_facility_classic_full.

The missing "reflection texture" as you put it is just because the mapper forgot/didn't know to build the cubemaps.

These issues aren't because the BSP itself was corrupted, because if it were you'd get an error when connecting to a server running that map.
Yep i knew that's why I could see the boxes in depot. I figured that the missing shine was caused by some other error than actually missing the texture because then either every map would be missing it or no map would be missing it UNLESS it was a custom shine or was renamed because you'd already have the shine downloaded. Know what I'm saying?
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up