GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:06:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: STEAM certificate length error! 0/2048  (Read 16190 times)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
STEAM certificate length error! 0/2048
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:28:52 pm »

I keep getting this when trying to connect to a server, I can create a LAN server just fine, but I'm sick of playing against bots now that my internet connection is no longer shitty and I can play matches online without lagging. :P
Apparently someone had gotten this error back in September according to the FaceBook post, but other than that I keep getting the situation happening with CounterStrike: Source, and isn't actually in the same situations as me. :-\
Any ideas on what to do?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:47:57 am by StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] »
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
Re: STEAM certificate length error! 0/2048
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 05:45:01 am »

I had the same problem, opting out of the Steam beta fixed it.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 03:56:48 pm »

I'll try that when I get home, I hope it works.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 07:53:07 pm »

I just remove all my steam content except SteamApps folder and Steam.exe and it's work fine now :)
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

Canman

• Real Super Sand
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Canman has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 07:19:55 am »

I have this same exact problem. I want a fix to where I wont have to delete everything  :-\

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 08:27:45 am »

Opt out of steam client beta. That's all you have to do.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:45:48 pm »

What if you are not in the steam beta and it still does it? (I've already tried the delete trick)

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 01:10:20 am »

Maybe Opt into a beta? I don't know, it's a valve error. A blind monkeys guess is sufficient when troubleshooting valve errors.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 01:44:52 am »

Maybe Opt into a beta? I don't know, it's a valve error. A blind monkeys guess is sufficient when troubleshooting valve errors.

Well i already tried that... why does this always happen.

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 09:25:25 am »

I've had that issue too while not beeing in the beta.
But it was gone the next day.

Metasync

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Metasync has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 01:10:20 pm »

Glad to know I'm not the only one. This just happened to me while I was not opting in any current betas, I attempted to opt into a beta with no luck. I reinstalled Steam, but to no avail. I tried running GE:S vanilla, assuming it could've been a problem with my reskins, gamemodes, or sprays, but that didn't do anything (luckily I backed them all up). I even tried reinstalling GoldenEye: Source but I hadn't struck any gold.

I connected to a Counter-Strike: Source server to see if this problem was throughout Source MP, but CS:S worked like a charm. This is especially annoying since I was just about to test my custom sprays and rent out a GE:S server. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, and I could easily believe this is on Valve's end which makes me hope they fix this soon.

EDIT: Rediscovered this old post while conducting a routine security check-up. Yes, it is important to fix typos 7 years after the fact. No, I will not fix the sense of uncertainty implied by my expression ("I could easily believe") with respect to who was at fault with this when it was obviously a Valve Software issue – to that extent I feel it wouldn't be proper to alter my previous statements.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 09:19:11 pm by Metasync »

Jonathan Dark

• Agent
  • Jonathan Dark has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 10:35:28 pm »

Same prob for me here since yesterday... currently updating steam...

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 12:53:35 am »

I just got it today.  I wasn't participating in Steam Beta.

I tried doing this:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26454448

No go
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:08:14 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 01:48:50 am »

Servers will have to be updated to the latest version of the SDK 2007 DS from SteamCMD before they will work with the latest version of the client.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 03:39:36 pm »

Man, Valve really seems to hate mods nowadays! Hopefully the SDK 2013 update will help out a bit by bringing us up to speed on the latest tech...
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Kiihhu

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kiihhu has no influence.
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 06:42:36 pm »

STEAM certificate length error! 0/2048 here too... Since the Steam update that was automatically downloaded today. I get annoyed enough by the DAILY Steam updates, but even more so when the update breaks the game. :(

soupcan

• 00 Agent
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 07:32:25 pm »

I just tested; with an old server install, I got the error. After updating it, I was able to connect locally, plus had someone connected remotely.

Valve didn't break anything. Servers just need to be updated. It's not rocket science.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:56:27 pm by soupcan »

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 12:41:23 am »

Good to know.  I'm setting up a new server now.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Poorlaggedman

• Agent
  • Poorlaggedman has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 10:08:38 pm »

Servers will have to be updated to the latest version of the SDK 2007 DS from SteamCMD before they will work with the latest version of the client.

Does this work? Nothing seems to work currently.

Switched from HLDS to SteamCMD and it didn't work. Going to ask my host about it.

soupcan

• 00 Agent
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 10:53:12 pm »

Does this work? Nothing seems to work currently.

It works. If you have the  problem, you're not on the latest version. Right now there's multiple working servers. (That I know of, Troy's, 1138 and TG's)

Wishful Thinking!

• Community GE:S Australia Admin
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Wishful Thinking! has no influence.
    • Wishful Thinking!
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 12:24:46 pm »

I just tested; with an old server install, I got the error. After updating it, I was able to connect locally, plus had someone connected remotely.

Valve didn't break anything. Servers just need to be updated. It's not rocket science.

EDIT: Updated SDK and it works perfectly.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:42:16 am by Wishful Thinking! »
..: PC Gaming & Anime | TeamSpeak 3: ts3.wishfulthinkings.net :..

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up