GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 08:27:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: setting up new GE server on win7  (Read 6285 times)

vahn0100

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • vahn0100 has no influence.
setting up new GE server on win7
« on: March 20, 2013, 08:48:11 am »

Im in the process of setting up a server and I keep running into the same problem.  Ive searched through the forums and have tried what I have found to no avail.  The problem is when I start the server, it says VAC secure mode is activated, and then nothing else happens,  it stays there and you cant find the server in the server selection list.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Re: setting up new GE server on win7
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:11:38 pm »

Did you setup port forwarding?

vahn0100

• 00 Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:22:45 pm »

Yep, sure did

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:46:02 pm »

Make sure you aren't blocking the server with the window's firewall.

You can be absolutely sure its the firewall if you disable the firewall for a minute and check to see if you can see your server. If you can, you will need to add an exception to the firewall for hlds.exe

vahn0100

• 00 Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:23:27 am »

I did check that and it wasnt the problem.  Im not sure what the problem was, but it seems to have resolved itself since my server is now up and running. lol.  I have no idea what changed but I am very happy its working now.  Thanks for the suggestions guys, and you are welcome to play on my server!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 10:37:17 am »

Whenever you launch a source server you have to execute the changelevel <levelname> command once before it'll show up on the internet.
Maybe that's the thing that "changed".
Pages: [1]   Go Up